Voidstar Ragefest

GuyTallman

It takes X amount of time to watch the retarded cinematic, and then fly on the slow *** speeder to the starting point. Joining with 15seconds left on the countdown to start does not change this, what it does do, is ensure that you will be staring at a wall with the full respawn timer when you speeder finally does arrive.

I know I am not the only person to get into a Voidstar game, only to have 6 of your 8 teamates locked into the room for the first push, which is a guaranteed door cap. What is worse is the nature of voidstar allows this to turn into a runaway, where the bulk of the offensive team will then always be ahead of the defending team, ensuring repeated caps.

Possible solutions.

-Ditch the stupid speeder

-have the defender door stay open for the first 40seconds of the round

-since it takes X time to watch video and fly in, have anyone that joins with less than X on the clock auto spawn in deployment room

-have two rooms, one fly in and one start room. Players that join before game start will go to the start room which remains open after start, and others go to respawn room which is used rest of game.

-all of the above

This is by far, the most annoying way to lose a pvp match. Fix it.

No, the most annoying way to lose a PvP match is to start voidstar 2 against 8, then four more people fill in with 30 seconds to go on the shutdown sequence timer, then someone leaves, restarting the shutdown sequence, ad nauseum til the end of the match, forcing you to play 15 minutes 5 against 8 if you wanted any amount of credit for the match.

Be glad that they are fixing the speeder in 1.2 so that latecomers don't ride it. Also be glad that that's the "worst" thing you've lost to.

No, the most annoying way to lose a PvP match is to start voidstar 2 against 8, then four more people fill in with 30 seconds to go on the shutdown sequence timer, then someone leaves, restarting the shutdown sequence, ad nauseum til the end of the match, forcing you to play 15 minutes 5 against 8 if you wanted any amount of credit for the match.

I was in a VS the other day against an entire team of Pubs who apparently forgot to exit the starting area. We capped the first door with absolutely zero opposition. The worst part was that I could tell that their team had WAY stronger DPS than our PuG did, and they were good about focusing their DPS.....But they still lost because they weren't paying attention to the starting door. Whoops! I think this would be the most annoying way to lose a WZ.

Edited by belialle

Be glad that they are fixing the speeder in 1.2 so that latecomers don't ride it. Also be glad that that's the "worst" thing you've lost to.

This is annoying in all three warzones. You're vastly outnumbered just long enough to go down 2-0/lose a set of doors/lose two turret nodes but hey - at least their steamrolling will be mercifully short.

Then you get just enough people on your team to limp over the boundary line for what the game considers enough people, and the shutdown sequence stops. Super.

If there aren't enough people on a team at the start of a WZ, the game should just delay the start of the match until there is.

Edited by ShakesMcQueen