Tooltip of "crushing darkness" and "Affliction" confirmed wrong for Sith sorcerer?

pieteral

When talented in the talent tree "Lingering Nightmares" and "Exsanguinate" which increase the duration of respective crushing darkness and Affliction with a certain amount of time I cannot find back a conclusion if the tooltip is wrong or it is working as intended.

I don't see reason to talent that talent if the duration increase but not the overall damage.

I saw on some forum that people had tested this and that the damage stay the same so the tool tip is correct. On other forum then again people say the opposite.

Anybody who can conclude this or has been on the 1.2 pts and hopefully corrected their?

I would say its probably tooltip error...

however judging by the recent metrics of BW indicates that it might be working as intended if sorcs spent some talent points to decrease their dps therefore the talents might just lengthen the duration but overall the damage is the same (dps nerfed via spending points in talents to improve the "length" of our already weak dot).

You know like how you kill your own dps and wasting the extra force by spending points into wrath and then use the wrath proc on lightning strike to reduce your dps...

Working as intended.

come to think of it... I wonder how pyrotech PT will feel if they use their proc on railshot that will do 1/2 of the damage of flame burst while generates double the heat than flame burst... like how wrath LS works... must be interesting :p

Edited by warultima

It is in fact a tooltip error. In fact, it can be nothing else, as the game annotates the damage for those two spells per tick, so significantly more computation would be required if the same damage was done over more ticks. In any case, don't trust the tooltips. Both of those skills add additional ticks of the same magnitude as previous, increasing the total damage done by the ability.

To be explicitly clear, if your Affliction was ticking for 250 every 3 seconds for 15 seconds (total 1250 damage) before Exsanguinate, it would tick for 250 every 3 seconds for 21 seconds with 2/2 Exsanguinate (total 1750 damage). Same effect with Lingering Nightmares.