Hopefull

KrisBlaze

Make a character on The Fatman. 90 pct of servers are low pop and there is nobody to play with.

I have to call you out on this one. 90% of servers being low population is an exaggeration. By the game's standards, most servers fall into the normal range of population (which is a large margin), and then there are around seven that are usually light during prime time and three or four others in which heavy and very heavy during off hours is feasible. Even then, we should look at the actual statistics instead of bombarding the OP with possible misinformation.

Have fun, OP! :)

Edited by Ravager

So when I log in and see most servers as standard they're lying? o.O

Standard is almost the same as low pop. He is exaggerating with his statement but in general he is right that OP should choose a server that is AT LEAST Heavy if not Very Heavy. Standard servers pop is too low to be any fun.

Haven't touched a PC game in over five years until now. All new computer built, drivers updated, swtor installed, patches just finished, clicking Play, lets Gooooooooooo !

My signature is the servers...

If you are EU definetly come to The Red Eclipse for now... Fatman and Freedon Nadd (US west and EU) are already overpopulated with queues after 1.2 for sure

Like I said, Fatman is the server you want. 90 pct of servers are low pop. Pick the highest server you can get for Pop depending on your location. Once the 1.2 hype is gone, people will leave again so make sure you are on a high pop to help combat that problem.

I'm on two diff servers now, but I find myself keeping to the Black Vulkars server, it was listed as Standard. I haven't had too much trouble finding a group for a Heroic, I'm social enough and I'm a healing Sage.

My thoughts after a week:

-I love the abilities of my Sage, started a Knight and a Trooper just to see what they felt like as well. Although I'm told a Sage peaks early, just hit 20 last night and I do fairly decent in the few Warzones and won a few duels.

-Comparitevely speaking this game is the best I've played in a while. Good immersion, good graphics and unsheathing a lightsaber never gets old. I understand this is the glitz of only playing a week but eyecandy is to be had!

-Gameplay... I feel it's responsive enough in pvp to keep me engaged and right away it does have a sense of balance. We'll see at 50. I feel that the PVE in this game does scratch the surface but doesn't go to deep, a lot to keep you busy tho. It's missing some synergy but at this hour I just don't know specificially what is missing.

-Lastely the cons: I keep getting stuck in combat with no mobs around. There needs to be more stress on instances...flashpoints w/e. MMo's should force you to group for a majority of things, companions and lonely ships don't make for cohesion. And finally, Bioware, congratz on the game but after playing all your mass effects and dragon ages you continue the 'tunnel' experience. I should be able to go from place to place without loading.

K