BW PLEASE put an end to pointless storyline travel.

Alphashado

Several times during each character's storyline, you have to travel back and forth between your ship, fleet, and Kaas. Even to the point of having to Travel from Kaas to fleet, only to talk to an npc that literraly has NOTHING to say, gives you hardly any xp, and just sends you back to your ship, and then from there back to kaas again.

This isn't creative story telling. It is a total waste of time and it's annoying as hell.

Hate to say it .... but I rather enjoyed the interlude when I returned to Tython as a Jedi Master.

Meh ... d'ffnt strokes and all that.

Sending us back to start planets for story points is fine. The problem is when a mission sends us somewhere only to have the guy tell us nothing more than to go back to exactly where we just came from.

Sending us back to start planets for story points is fine. The problem is when a mission sends us somewhere only to have the guy tell us nothing more than to go back to exactly where we just came from.

Amen. Without even a decent amount of xp to make it feel remotely worthwhile. And if you have slow load times (which many of us do) it just feels like a nightmare and a waste of an hour for nothing.

Even the story points travel is wearing thin on me. Go to Kass, go to fleet, go to Kaas, go to special mission place, go to Kaas, go to some other place, go to Kaas, go to normal leveling planet. I am also tired of contending with the run of triple stupid design: air lock, orbital station, spaceport.

Edited by Qoojo

Even the story points travel is wearing thin on me. Go to Kass, go to fleet, go to Kaas, go to special mission place, go to Kaas, go to some other place, go to Kaas, go to normal leveling planet. I am also tired of contending with the run of triple stupid design: air lock, orbital station, spaceport.

1.2 will allow us to use our speeders in space ports and and orbital stations, as well as giving us an option to bypass certain stations and go directly to our ship. This will speed things up slightly, but does nothing to address the issue of having to do it redundantly in the 1st place.

Fedex quests are quite standard in almost all, if not all, MMOs.

While there is a little story telling involved generally fedex quests are a sign of a quest written at 4pm on a Friday when the developer is totally fed up for the week.

The other standard type of Friday written quest is kill 10 rats. Here it seems that bonus quests are the way, which is quite nice.

We can hope that Fedexes and Kill 10 Rats are kept to a minimum as the story arc continues.

1.2 will allow us to use our speeders in space ports and and orbital stations, as well as giving us an option to bypass certain stations and go directly to our ship. This will speed things up slightly, but does nothing to address the issue of having to do it redundantly in the 1st place.

I agree that the loading screens are excessive. However, if you look at it storywise, docking at the space stations actually makes sense. For example, planets like Hoth, Quesh, and Taris are relatively unsettled, and having a major spaceport there would not seem to fit in with the rest of the setting. That, and it gives Bioware access to use the same model of space station bought from some third party company that makes them for both republic and empire.

I've always looked at those as more of breadcrumbs to additional gameplay.

Those are (almost always?) "intermission" parts of the plot. Good to catch up on companion quests (I think all the characters I've gotten that far have usually had a companion quest that actually requires me to go somewhere around that point), maybe do some flashpoints, etc. Pretty sure the dialog before hand even says go take a break, and then talk to this guy at fleet when you're ready to continue.

And there's usually a breadcrumb questgiver at fleet that directs you to a now open (or at least level appropriate) bonus series somewhere. (though I expect for most people he gets lost in amongst the "quest available" indicators for PvP/flashpoints.)

IIRC Nar Shadaa for the first intermission, Hoth for the second, (or was it Aldaraan?) and Ilum after the story is over.

IIRC Nar Shadaa for the first intermission, Hoth for the second, (or was it Aldaraan?) and Ilum after the story is over.

This is exactly why

It's nar shaddaa at level 32-ish, Alderaan at level 40, and hoth at level 48. Then there's the Belsavis bonus series at 50 and ilum, but those are dailies.

There are a few times in the BH story line you are required to go to your ship just to be told to go back to the place you just came from for no reason other than annoyance.

Since when do starships in the Star Wars universe require ports to land on anyway? In the movies it is pretty rare they actually use one.

Most annoying is having the cutscene of your ship leaving the spaceport when my toon only needed to go in there to use my ship's comm. Why the hell do I have to take off and go in to orbit just to do that?! And then when I'm done and need to back to continue the quest line the docking animation has to play again! It really is nothing more than a timesink. Edited by Teenki

There are a few times in the BH story line you are required to go to your ship just to be told to go back to the place you just came from for no reason other than annoyance.

Since when do starships in the Star Wars universe require ports to land on anyway? In the movies it is pretty rare they actually use one.

They were ALWAYS using the ports. When Luke and Obi Wan met with Han, the escape scene was at a port. The Death Star had a port. Anytime anyone was in a ship, the next scene usually showed them landing in a port. Cloud City had a port.

The only time you ever saw a ship land on a planet without a port was when Luke landed on Dagobah. And shortly after that, the X-Wing sank, thus proving the point that ports are important.