1.2 vs Force Surge

Aurojiin

Note: originally I posted this on the Sage forum, but I've gotten no replies whatsoever, so either it's just too quiet over there or I've said something downright stupid. Still, I'd appreciate any insight anyone cares to offer.

I'm interested to hear anyone's take on how important Force Surge is now. Off the top of my head (forgive me if I'm mistaken) each un-Surged Consumption effectively 'costs' us 20 force (2 force per second over 10 seconds) against the 8% of our total force pool contributed.

The loss is not totally insignificant if you have a couple of stacks (my current theoretical approach to 1.2 is to use Consumption twice and drop Revivification; so with Force Surge on both, I would have 40 more force points in the long-run). The issue to me is that even though Force Surge still provides a quantifiable benefit, previously I was generally using Force Bending procs on Innervate to (mostly) guarantee Force Surge proc'd. Now I'm much more likely to use them on a Dark Infusion or Revivification to reduce the force cost.

So is it worth keeping Force Surge at 2/2 and making use of it whenever it procs, or should I drop it to 1 point (or discard it entirely)? I've been contemplating this because now I have to decide where to get another point for Empty Body from, and I'm weighing up the importance of Dark Resilience against Force Surge.

In 1.2 it seems Dark Resilience will become a must have.

You still will lose the 11% health but to regain force, you have to use it.

I may be wrong on this, but it seems to me that Bioware is monitoring how people complain in certain PvP situations about healing, instead of the PvE; because come 1.2 Sorc healing is taking a dramatic plummet from good, to basic.

Force Surge = skill that removes the force regen penalty on Consumption when Innervate crits.

Consumption = ability that gives you force back in exchange for health.

The former negates a portion of your concerns.