What will be the most useful in the long run?

lcemaster

Who knows. Depends on what they change with biochem. What the standard thing to do I hear is cap out synth and make your uber gear then drop it and get biochem for reuseables. How long that will be viable who knows.

in that short a timeframe, my money is probably on biochem. It's unlikely new consumables will have gotten so much better in that time frame as to completely render the reuseables obsolete.

And supposedly with 1.2 (out next weekish? Or week after? Very soon anyways) supposedly you will no longer need to be synthweaving for BiS JK gear, but can either buy it or get it as a drop.

I believe they are phasing out overtime, the reuseables and they are making it so that you can only use medpaks once per battle, so that means raid fights that last a long time, will mean tanks can't use them every 90 seconds.

If the RE'ing in 1.2 is as good as some people say and as good as i hope, i will likely be picking up the armour crafting of my class, so if its jedi guardian, it will be Synthweaving and if i roll a smuggler, it will be Armourmech.

What i have learnt so far in this game is that the commendations you get via the planet quests while leveling up, you get enough to gear up your character's weapon(s) and your companions' weapon(s), but not enough to mod the weapons or orange gear, so i am thinking when 1.2 goes live, depending on your class, i plan to pick either cybertech or artifice.

That way, i can buy the legacy gear from the vendors, assuming the vendors will be there on 1.2 live, unless it was just a PTS thing, since i have the credits, i can keep my chosen companion's gear and my characters' gear updated.

To make it easier, i plan to roll a trooper, since all characters use the same gear, so cybertech is perfect for the mods and 2 of your companions are droids, which means, cybertech allows you to gear them up as well.

in that short a timeframe, my money is probably on biochem. It's unlikely new consumables will have gotten so much better in that time frame as to completely render the reuseables obsolete.

And supposedly with 1.2 (out next weekish? Or week after? Very soon anyways) supposedly you will no longer need to be synthweaving for BiS JK gear, but can either buy it or get it as a drop.

Which means, the crafters will be selling and overpricing it....severely.

In the long run, I would guess that biochem will be the most useful still. You will only really need 1 weapon/armor item crit to have that slot covered for life, while biochem will continue to save you money for years to come. It will not be as powerful, but it still provides more long term benefit than the others.

Which means, the crafters will be selling and overpricing it....severely.

Actually it means everyone will roll a crafting alt to level 10 and simply craft the very first orange set that is available for extremely low mat costs until the have the crit version of it.

Actually it means everyone will roll a crafting alt to level 10 and simply craft the very first orange set that is available for extremely low mat costs until the have the crit version of it.

My understanding is that there won't be/aren't orange craftable bracers/belts.

BiS will *presumably* be a drop from the new raid/op, that is then RE'd *successfully* to learn that schematic (assuming it's REable) and then crit-crafted (again, assuming it's REable).

Assuming whichever synthweavers succesfully learn the schematic aren't idiots and don't try to recoup all their costs with a single sale, it'll almost inevitably be more expensive to do it yourself than to buy it from somebody else.

But either way it'll probably cost a LOT.

You can't forgive bioware for such a ****** system because they claim they will try to fix something in the future.

Fact is, many of us (armormechs for example) have been gimps.

"Ooo they may fix it in 1.2 so don't worry".

What about the time I lost already for one reason. Biwoare ****ed up and did not balance the classes.

They knew this before the game came out (OR if they did not know this, they are beyond incompetent they exemplify ineptitude.

The fact that they did not open admit at the start "don't go armormech now, it is broken".

FACT is, many of us have suffered and the possibility of changes in the future to fix it is not enough and does not make up for the fact that many of us have been gimps for that one reason. Bioware ****ed up.