The truth why some classes are better than others

nowocinm

This is a star wars game. George Lucas has the final say on everything star wars. Do you honestly think he would let them make any non light saber class better than a light saber class in anyway?

I'm sure the balancing meetings go like this:

"We've noticed that watchmen sentinels and KC shadows are a little too overpowered how should we go about balancing these classes team?"

George Lucas- "Honestly they aren't strong enough, Currently neither class can 3v1 against non force wielders and that is a major design flaw for the realism in this game. Asks yourself this, Did Mace Windu beat Jango Fett 1v1? Yes he did and Mace Windu isn't even the best jedi. So scale the classes based on that and we will reconvene in a week or two so you guys can pay me my 75% of sales."

"I don't think that is wise Mr. Lucas. People will start to quit the game if we let that kind of stuff happen."

That man was never heard from again.

I'm sure Lucas built an actual Rancor pit and sends anyone who talks back to him or disagrees with him into it. Fact

This is a star wars game. George Lucas has the final say on everything star wars. Do you honestly think he would let them make any non light saber class better than a light saber class in anyway?

I'm sure the balancing meetings go like this:

"We've noticed that watchmen sentinels and KC shadows are a little too overpowered how should we go about balancing these classes team?"

George Lucas- "Honestly they aren't strong enough, Currently neither class can 3v1 against non force wielders and that is a major design flaw for the realism in this game. Asks yourself this, Did Mace Windu beat Jango Fett 1v1? Yes he did and Mace Windu isn't even the best jedi. So scale the classes based on that and we will reconvene in a week or two so you guys can pay me my 75% of sales."

"I don't think that is wise Mr. Lucas. People will start to quit the game if we let that kind of stuff happen."

That man was never heard from again.

I'm sure Lucas built an actual Rancor pit and sends anyone who talks back to him or disagrees with him into it. Fact

Obviously correct. No point in even trying to argue otherwise, this man has just shown us all the light!

George Lucas has 100% control over class balance in SWTOR, you heard it here.

the truth is bioware has a deep, smart, and amazing way to balance the game

is a class OP? yes? nerf operative!

theres a glitch in the EV raid? nerf operative!

you got killed by a merc tracer missle spammer? nerf operative!

my coffee was cold this morning? nerf operative!

kidding of course,i main an operative! lol, balancing in MMO's takes a long time, and is always being looked at. nerf operative! :D

Edited by Annalora

the truth is bioware has a deep, smart, and amazing way to balance the game

is a class OP? yes? nerf operative!

theres a glitch in the EV raid? nerf operative!

you got killed by a merc tracer missle spammer? nerf operative!

my coffee was cold this morning? nerf operative!

kidding of course, balancing in MMO's takes a long time, and is always being looked at. nerf operative! :D

just going but what you've said, it sounds like operative needs a nerf

In the next patch the smuggler hat will also be nerfed to have a much smaller brim

3/30/12, Reduced size of end game smuggler hat; smugglers will now look like the cymbal monkeys to bring the class in line with George Lucas' wishes.

3/30/12, Reduced size of end game smuggler hat; smugglers will now look like the cymbal monkeys to bring the class in line with George Lucas' wishes.

"Your hat is now a fez, just like in the movies. No you can't turn the graphic off why would you want to do that"

Don't know if serious

The Devs said that you, as a jedi, are a big nobody, and that you, as a BH are the best in the world. Now take Han Solo and pair him with that random Sith guy from... anywhere...

That's what I thought.

Also, I very do strive for realism where I CAN'T one hit everyone and reflect EVERY bolt, have a perma-force speed, and just crack people's spinal cords from the Huttball start line, instantly killing everyone.

This link is the only response to a thread like this

Edited by Zunayson

"Your hat is now a fez, just like in the movies. No you can't turn the graphic off why would you want to do that"

Fix the issue with pistols sounding cool; replaced sound with a host of other sound effects to be played randomly. Pistol sound effects now include a pogo stick boing, a screaming child asking for skittles, a horse neighing and an excerpt from Billy Joel's, "We Didn't Start the Fire."

Balance in this game consists of of some guy going "Hmm X class is a bit overpowered. Better nerf Ireli.... er Operatives."

I will admit the bright side is I get a good laugh every time the patch notes nerf Operatives for no apparent reason.

Edited by Seravis

Funny troll post.

Though in all honesty this game could have sold one copy and it wouldn't affect Lucas at all. The man has billions. To give you an idea of the money he has coming in even The Phantom Menace (most SW fans consider it a flop) Broke the 1 billion dollar box office sales mark.

Still bet 20th Century Fox is kicking themselves for giving Lucas all franchise rights so they could pay him less for the original (they thought the movie would flop).

Edited by AutoCocker

Did Mace Windu beat Jango Fett 1v1? Yes he did and Mace Windu isn't even the best jedi. So scale the classes based on that and we will reconvene in a week or two so you guys can pay me my 75% of sales."

I hate to feed the troll, but it's actually an interesting chance to explain why non-jedi CAN be on par with a jedi, in game.

Using Mace Windu, as an example...

Jedi in this game are NOT Mace Windu. If he was in this game, he'd be a raid BOSS. Can you solo a raid boss? No.

Just face it...most jedi in this game are nobodies in comparison to the storyline heroes. Sure Jango Fett lost to Mace Windu, but he could easily kill average jedi, which are what player jedi are in this game.

And hey, I was visiting my family a few months ago, and my little brother was watching that new Star Wars cartoon, and the scene I saw was of a bounty hunter guy (with a hat like smugglers!), taking on both Anakin and his apprentice, at the same time! So I guess even George Lucas doesn't always favor light sabers!

Anyone who was involved with the game in pre-alpha builds knows how true this is.

Originally, there were only 2 force classes per side. George got mad, so now there are 4.

Originally, all colored beams/blasts/lazers etc. would be affected by color crystals, but George wanted colors to be unique to force classes, so now they don't.

Originally, a smuggler could 1v1 a shadow. George saw some footage, and began a large-scale riot in the offices after he had snuck in during the night, and changed smuggler blaster pistols to walkie talkies.

Anyone who was involved with the game in pre-alpha builds knows how true this is.

Originally, there were only 2 force classes per side. George got mad, so now there are 4.

Originally, all colored beams/blasts/lazers etc. would be affected by color crystals, but George wanted colors to be unique to force classes, so now they don't.

Originally, a smuggler could 1v1 a shadow. George saw some footage, and began a large-scale riot in the offices after he had snuck in during the night, and changed smuggler blaster pistols to walkie talkies.

Lmao!

Every time I look at this thread I laugh.