Nerf the pvp gear

kaboro

Right now pvp is the fastest and easiest way to get overpowered gear.

By drastically nerfing the pvp rewards (bring them on par with commendations or slightly higher) good things will happen:

1. People will do operations and flshpoints more often, thus increasing the chance to get groups for these things.

2. Less pvp whining, less omg server is empty cuz i have to wait too long to grind my warzones

3. Crafted stuff will become more desired and valuable, thus economy will get a boost.

4. Less players grinding the warzones for fast and easy gear, will mean more players actually playing the game and available for stuff like casual grouping, guild activities etc.

5. PvP will be played by players who actually like pvp not by the ones that just want the fast gear, that should improve the pvp experience in general.

Edited by kaboro

So force people who love to pvp do pve as end game? No. That would be the same as forcing somebody to only do pvp.

Good point, a possible solution for this would be to make the stats on pvp gear suitable for pvp more than pve, and the stats on raid gear suitable for raids not pvp? Just a thought.

So force people who love to pvp do pve as end game? No. That would be the same as forcing somebody to only do pvp.

Which is pretty much what's going on at present.

I would't go as far as the OP goes and ask for a nerf. Nerf is the easy cheap way out of problems which ends up hurting long term.

What they should do is:

- create PvE vendors selling gear of equal quality and which LOOKS AS GOOD as those sold by PvP vendors.

- make Flashpoint rewards come in the form of commendations which can be traded for the gear you want at the PvE vendor - exact same process as currently works for PvP.

- eliminate gear damage penalty from PvE to equalize it to PvP.

- institute an in-server LFG just as we now have in-server PvP queues.

Voila.

Anyone who's about leaving PvP it's perks and not them be equally available to PvE as well is simply playing by a double standard.

I have no clue why most companies refuse to do it, but the answer is simple. In PVP, normalize all the gear to a certain set of stats based on the class so everybody of that class has the same gear stats. That way you can wear wth you want in PVP, it wouldn't matter. Reward PVP with titles and appearances, keeping it competitive at all levels and removing the epic retardation that is a PVP gear grind.

That way PVP gear doesn't affect PVE at all and PVE gear doesn't affect PVP at all. Instead, we get this stupid crap of them making PVP gear more powerful (requiring the use of it) and the need to grind more while doubling the cost. Yay?