Cantina boring and empty? Pazaak

Dargad

Don't you find the cantinas boring and always empty. Most of them ar big places with music and dancers but nothing to do in them except buying things to the barman and a few missions. Wouldn't it be better if the was mini games to play to? Like pazzak, fighting competitions, speeder races and bets. Like ther was in KOTOR at Taris cantinas.

A cantna should be a social place where people wants to gather. For the moment it's just a place where you can go to have a rest.

Don't you find the cantinas boring and always empty. Most of them ar big places with music and dancers but nothing to do in them except buying things to the barman and a few missions. Wouldn't it be better if the was mini games to play to? Like pazzak, fighting competitions, speeder races and bets. Like ther was in KOTOR at Taris cantinas.

A cantna should be a social place where people wants to gather. For the moment it's just a place where you can go to have a rest.

I think BioWare would want the world filled before worrying about filling the cantinas.

The fleet kinda ruined this.

Just like the main cities are also dead.

I wish they would get rid of the fleets, they ruin the game.

They have made some really cool cantina's as well, there is just no reason to go to them. Most have a bit of travel to get to as well.

Edited by Tekkoclarky

I'd much prefer the cantinas to be populated than seeing them add a bunch of useless NPCs to the world.

I was thinking more along the lines of filled with players...

They can't afford to take players out of the world when there is content (multilayer content) out there to do. You need them out adventuring, which ultimate is the design of this game. It's not a sit-in-the-cantina game, they need you out there playing for the health of the game.

They can't afford to take players out of the world when there is content (multilayer content) out there to do. You need them out adventuring, which ultimate is the design of this game. It's not a sit-in-the-cantina game, they need you out there playing for the health of the game.

I like to do stuff other than fight all the time. Space almost breaks that up, but it is still just, blah. LOTRO we had fishing, introduced about a year after release. (maybe 18 months, I can't remember, LOL) I want to see pazaak to do something other than kill x people, or destroy space station, etc...

The potential for mini-games in this game is huge. And honestly, I see myself only sticking around only the 18 months or so, unless they give me valuable stuff to do that does not involve killing. (If someone really expects this at, or shortly after launch, they are sadly mistaken.) If, after that point they still aren't taking it seriously, or important, then I will find another game.

I like to do stuff other than fight all the time. Space almost breaks that up, but it is still just, blah. LOTRO we had fishing, introduced about a year after release. (maybe 18 months, I can't remember, LOL) I want to see pazaak to do something other than kill x people, or destroy space station, etc...

Oh, I agree with you 100%... I love that stuff. It's the stuff that makes it feel more like a world than just a game. Unfortunately, it ended up the polar opposite of SWG and while there's "potential" the core design of the game doesn't take this stuff into account.

Even if there was a hobby such as fishing (or something Star Warsy) at launch to get people out in the world and do casual/social progression during down time... but there was no priority given to it. That worries me about the "potential."

I don't have an issue with the amount of players in the worlds for the most part. I think that there are probably too many planets that spread the population a tad thin, but it's usually not so bad.

As for multiplayer content, I can still see general chat and join groups from a cantina. Having a populated cantina doesn't mean the people have to stay there. I see what you mean about the content since about 98% of this game's content has to do with combat, but I'd like to see that percentage shrink a bit.

They have made some really cool cantina's as well, there is just no reason to go to them. Most have a bit of travel to get to as well.

I think the Fleet was a great idea with horrible execution. The Fleet is boring and there's nothing to do there. It's also detached from everything else.

I'd love more stuff to do other than killing, questing and warzones.

How about swoop races, mini games in cantinas, random NPC quest givers in there too...at the moment everything revolves around using your weapons.

I just think that working on the atmosphere in the cantinas by adding playable content would benefites the all game atmosphere and giv to the playesr a reason to go in the cantinas. But, I agre I wqant them filled with players not NPCs. I also think that there is a great potensial for the cantinas in the story line of some classes like the smugler the BH...

Ther is al lot of posibilities like puting bets on the existing hutt ball, or death match with the posibilioty to watch thos match on a screen.

I'm realy disapointed in the cantinas ambiance when i compare theme to those in the star wars films, and novels... They have done a good work on the starships next they must work on the cantinas

the fleets are allways busy but the irony is that even the cantina in the fleet is empty.

this is what happens when you can only enter flashpoints and ops from a certain place it kills other areas.