Regarding using other class buffs on other classes [1.2 Update]

Majestic_Jazz

I don't know the core details but I think it is said that in 1.2 and beyond, once you reach L50 with a character, you unlock that class bonus for all other classes. So my Sith Warrior's class buff that gives out 5% Strength and what not, can also be used by my Jedi Consular.

With that being said, does that mean that I can use BOTH my Jedi Consular buff AND my Warrior buff on my Jedi Consular? Or is it one or another? Meaning that if I use my Warrior buff on my Jedi Consular, I cannot use the Jedi Consular buff at the same time? Sort of like how stims work.

Has Bioware went into detail about this? Because the way I see it, if you goto L50 with all 8 classes, you'll be able to use all 8 buffs on one character! Seems a bit too good to be true.

I think your half way right, I think if you get your character to lvl 50 you open that buff to all characters and you can have then at the same time. What I don't think they will do is count them as 8 buff's there is really only 4 buff's, they are just named differently. Now as for the they all can be used at the same time, that is just an assumption but it's what I got from reading.

Heres what I know:

Completing chapter 2 with a character unlocks that class's buff.

You still use your own class buff but it also applies all unlocked class buffs.

Imperial and Republic class buffs for mirror classes don't stack.

If you unlock a class buff on an imperial and buff yourself as a republic you will get the imperial's mirror class's buff instead.

So if you complete chapter 2 as a bounty hunter, start a jedi consular and buff yourself it will apply the jedi consular and trooper buffs at the same time.

Hope this helps.

I was wondering whether the unlocked buffs only apply to that character when casted or to the party as a whole?

I run flashpoints in a 3-man group, and two of us play the same class. Consequently, we are missing the Smuggler and Trooper buffs. If I level a Smuggler to 50, and my friend levels a Trooper to 50, does that cover our current lack of class buffs?

Or do we each need to level a Trooper if we all want the endurance buff?

I think you'll be good if only one person does it if the buffs work like normal buffs do. Though I can see why BW might choose to make the extra buffs just fro you...... And its not leveling to 50, just to the end of chapter 2.