Seriously Bioware. Can we finally get an answer.

MasamuneX

If you say that you listen to, and want the opinion of the community then how is it that you've left lethality ops broken for so long without even a hint of caring? I was a part of regular testing for almost a year prior to release and the same issue still plague the tree almost a year later with little sign that you're listening.

You just seem to be dodging the biggest problem and I don't quite understand why. So here it is.

Why does the lethality operative tree have no valid way of generating its on TA's. What is your thought process behind not allowing it? Simply adding it to weakening shot and/or crit ticks off of corrosive grenade or dart while adding a internal cool to the tick procs would stop the player from spamming cull.

Can you finally just concede after all this time that the tree needs this?

The only thing lethality ops use TA for is stim boost and cull. From one perspective, seeing as this is the shared tree with snipers, who have no TA mechanic, you should need it less. In addition, the sniper version of cull not only has a channel time, but a 10 second cooldown. Instead of limiting OPs with the channel and cooldown, you're limited by fewer TAs than other ops and the 10m range that operatives get with cull. The spec isn't designed to cull spam.

As far as I know, Shiv doesn't stop generating TA procs after spending more than 10 points into Lethality. I'm not exactly sure what the issue is here.

Problem is the ranged lethality tree requires the player to run to melee range constantly to use his main ranged ability.

I think if Lethality gets a TA generator there will be too many teams of Operatives DOTing people and killing them, causing them to unsubscribe, IMO.

You're right, Operatives are certainly too powerful as it is. Adding any more buffs to them would be too much.

Wait... :confused:

Problem is the ranged lethality tree requires the player to run to melee range constantly to use his main ranged ability.

It's a pain, but a lethality Op played right is constantly on the move anyway, and it's too big a deal to run in and get off a quick shiv. However, I don't get the worry about cull being spammed. Lacerate is spammable when specced right, and cull has a hefty energy cost, so if it was spammed it wouldn't be for too long. Sticking a cooldown on cull might also be an idea.