Tankassin PVP, Ideal crit % and power mods???

Ch_Zero

I play a tankassin in pvp, I've heard it's best to equip them with stalker gear in pvp.

What is the ideal crit %? and should i swap my enhancement mods for power/surge?

over crit?

and I've seen some players use defence mods in their gear, is this ideal for pvp?

or should it all be power/surge?

Thanks.

There is no point switching mods pre-1.2

And yes, tank spec + Stalker gear is great.

Well i know that 1.2 is close, i would still like to get a good start on the competition in terms of rated warzones.

So the progression is easier.

Well i know that 1.2 is close, i would still like to get a good start on the competition in terms of rated warzones.

So the progression is easier.

He meant something else. You'd have to switch the original mods back in before 1.2 anyway, so they get upgraded to the 1.2 BM mods (which are improved versions). If you fail to switch them back, they're garbage anyway and you'd have to collect the new BM pieces.

Of course you could switch them out and in again, but this would mean spending 300-600k credits on the whole process. If you're swimming in currency - by all means, go ahead (then I'd advise 30%crit, 75%surge).

If you're an average joe with 3M credits or less, you'll probably want to save your money for all the costly legacy upgrades (e.g. on-ship gtn - 5M credits iirc).

Edited by wtfnonamefree

as i understand it your stat priority for darkness pvp should be power-surge-crit in that order. and as the last guy said, 70%-75% surge and 30%-35% crit. surge takes priority because of energize and recklessness which guarantee (or almost guarantee) crits on shock and force lightning, 2 of our main priority attacks.

as i understand it your stat priority for darkness pvp should be power-surge-crit in that order. and as the last guy said, 70%-75% surge and 30%-35% crit. surge takes priority because of energize and recklessness which guarantee (or almost guarantee) crits on shock and force lightning, 2 of our main priority attacks.

The stat order you want isnt power-surge-crit its surge to cap, power and willpower, and like 25% crit unbuffed.

Surge to cap is the most important part as a dps

Edited by eternalife

Some of the Accuracy/Power Accuracy/Crit mods are getting changed to Surge/Power Surge/Crit mods and since they're the highest you can get (V25) it'd be better than whatever Champion enhancmeents (V24) you got to begin with, and you only get those new updated enhancements if your BM gear has the original enhancements in them.

That said pulling out mods never really made much of a difference. It's just something to do if you had too much money. Surge gets you slightly less than 2% DPS increase if you pulled out all the Accuracy mods, but you actually need Accuracy against Marauders because landing/whiffing an Assassinate can decide the fight and they're pretty much the only class that gives you trouble and they got two cooldowns that can make you miss your Assassinate. Not like it matters after 1.2 though.

Edited by Astarica

I'm currently at 33% Crit and 77% Surge. My gear is the following:

5 x Battle Master Survivor

Stalker Belt

Stalker Bracers

2 x Stalker Implant

1 x Stalker Ear

Stalker Main hand

Stalker Focus

+Defense Relic

+Crit/Surge Relic

Power Adrenal

Modifcations:

Standard Survivor mods

Enhancements:

(Ripped from Champ Stalker Gloves)

+38 Endurance

+19 Crit

+48 Surge

Character sheet:

http://i42.tinypic.com/119341j.png

My darkness setup equals dmg/def stats and dmg/force stats

Full bm gear - I am pretty satisfied with it.

I'm currently at 33% Crit and 77% Surge. My gear is the following:

Character sheet:

http://i42.tinypic.com/119341j.png

Not quite true though, seeing as your more or less fully buffed, so technical its -5% crit, less dmg and health in reality. Inflatede stats looks cool, but are not quite accurate.

Edited by upzie

My darkness setup equals dmg/def stats and dmg/force stats

Full bm gear - I am pretty satisfied with it.

Not quite true though, seeing as your more or less fully buffed, so technical its -5% crit, less dmg and health in reality. Inflatede stats looks cool, but are not quite accurate.

I guess in way, but since you find yourself with the buffs more often than not it might as well be your base stats. Of course when you are pugging and can't get people to repop their buffs its a different story.

Yeah, imo showing buffed stats is only natural, as you're very likey to be fully buffed anyway. At least you can easily tell the buffs - do you want them to list the collected datacrons as well? :p

For the first wave, yes, chances are high you'll received all 4 buffs.

But after that. not so much.

Stats and gear should be discussed without buffs. It's simply more objective.

Even in the midst of a wz I always find my buff key when I am near team mates and have the gcd to spare. I know most others don't, but this will change with 1.2 and full premades, or even simpler with the legacy buffs (I'll have all 4).

The optimal solution would be to provide both stats until then, but come 1.2 there is no reason not to post fully buffed only.

Edited by wtfnonamefree

Yeah, imo showing buffed stats is only natural, as you're very likey to be fully buffed anyway.

This'll become even more true with 1.2 and Legacy unlocks for the buffs. I'll walk into the patch with 3 of them already and the 4th (Warrior) not far behind. I might even hit that before or slightly after.

For the first wave, yes, chances are high you'll received all 4 buffs.

But after that. not so much.

Stats and gear should be discussed without buffs. It's simply more objective.

He does make a point here. I think its a tale of two different ideals to be honest. Discussing stats without buffs shows you the raw stat gains from the gear, talents and modifications selected and nothing else

Discussing stats WITH buffs serves to show your combat effectiveness as the buff'd state is surely more common than not.

IMHO, since the buffs are flat and serve to only increase things on a % basis, having a larger pool to begin with (sans buffs) obviously increases those gains.

I really have no idea why people are so obsessed with the 2% DPS from going from 68% Surge to 75% Surge. If the V25 mods in this game actually exist for Power/Surge or Crit/Surge and you value accuracy at exactly 0%, you're still at most 2% more powerful than someone who use the default gear. Since you've to use V24 instead (V25 Power/Surge or Crit/Surge cannot be obtained in any meaningful capacity) you give up like a couple tenth of a percent per piece on the Power/Crit stat (because it's lower) and a couple point of endurance too.

Now there are enhancements/mods with lower endurance and higher offensive stats overall. Using them in all your slots will definitely increase your DPS by a significant factor, but the tradeoff is also rather obvious there.

No it's not.

Battlemaster

367.0-551.0 Energy Damage

Total Stats:

+126 Endurance

+103 Willpower

+51 Expertise Rating

+77 Critical Rating

Champion

363.0-544.0 Energy Damage

Total Stats:

+121 Endurance

+97 Willpower

+48 Expertise Rating

+72 Power

Difference BM gives you:

+5 to +7 Energy Damage

+5 Endurance

+6 Willpower

+3 Expertise

+77 Critical Rating

-72 Power

I would argue that Power > Crit for a Darkness Assassin. Either way, they are very close arguably a smaller upgrade than moving from Champ to BM on almost any other piece of gear.

BM/Champion is pretty much just a reshuffling of stats. Usually you'll actually come out behind on the slots where it was Power in Champion that became Crit on BM but without a parser it's really hard to say if that is indeed the case.