Competiton time for swoop racing ideas ?.

Shingara

Hi bioware, just thought i would throw this out to you and see what you and the community think about it.

I thought it would be a great idea if you opened up a competition for the swoop racing that me and alot of people would really like in the game, there are alot of talented people within the community who i know would love to take part in something like this.

Now what i suggest is that the comp is to give a design concept based on the on rails system that we have for space but used for a ground based multi player arena.

What i think it should cover is how world enviroments effect race styles, the pros and cons to modifiable swoop racers along the lines of what we can do with the ships. The rewards and ranking system that could work be it single server or cross server basing.

Where the tracks could be set, if there could be a spectator mode, designs of tracks and reasons why they are there.

How this could be tied into the crafting system mainly how cybertech can create mounts and ship armour, shields and missiles. If there are other profesions that could be used to advance this like armtechs creating weapons for the swoops.

The long term and short terms goals.

What do you think ?

Edited by Shingara

Don't put it on rails, but contain the courses somewhat. Base it off the console racing games. Draw inspiration from things like sled storm and the Nintendo SW racers. Obstacles, shortcuts, environmental threats; swoop racing was an extremely dangerous pastime.

Don't put it on rails, but contain the courses somewhat. Base it off the console racing games. Draw inspiration from things like sled storm and the Nintendo SW racers. Obstacles, shortcuts, environmental threats; swoop racing was an extremely dangerous pastime.

when i say on rails i mean in the terms of you control the speed and stopping starting and if you crash but you cant randomly meander around the map.

I like alot of what you said, i would personaly like endurance race modes where you have to pit and your companions are you pit crew :D and affection states the speed of refueling and in pit repairs.

Edited by Shingara