No scocial points for you.

WaliceDrel

I can not gain social points on any of my toons. Even my level 50 70 valor gs who has done tons of fp and groups is still level one social. I submitted 2 tickets and the only answer i can get is look for a fix in future patches. Is anyone else having this problem??

so that is my issue too? I haven't did a FP in over month, but when I was, I thought I was doing something wrong...
Yup. Over the last week its become apparent that it's a fairly common bug, too. In most cases, though, folks never brought it up or simply didn't notice.

For some absurd reason you dont get social points for HM flashpoints or operations. If your not getting any social points at all though then maybe your one of the unlucky ones.

Edited for typo

Edited by Mossesman

Yup. Over the last week its become apparent that it's a fairly common bug, too. In most cases, though, folks never brought it up or simply didn't notice.

I pointed it out during pre-release. I've been Social level 1 since day 1 basically. Only response I ever got was the "Wait for future patches" one. Pretty awesome.

I have had issues as well...my friends are all social 5 im social 2..my toon has run twice the content and been around a month longer...I filed a ticket and got lip service about the future patch.

This is a bug that was in beta I had the same problem then. I dont care much since my toons are all heavy armor so the entire social armor system is useless regardless.

I know it has now; it's come to light in the last week. It was under-reported before now, for some reason.

Actually its been reported to no end...there were pages devoted to it in beta...It just has not been rectified. I also reported it on live in the first couple weeks once I realized it still existed...They are and have been very aware of it for a long time. Honestly since the vast majority of people cannot functionally use "social armor" save consular/Inquisitors my guess is its been thrown in the broken system pile to be addressed at a later date.

I dont think "social" was meant literally..Like it was put in game so people could stand around fleet wearing it...It was meant as a special reward for participating in social apsects of the game. Since only one class/mirror can functionally use it currently without major armor penalty..its probably been deemed unimportant.

Or they could just change "socail" to "RP' armor and leave it all "light" armor rating. Regardless..got offtrack...Its been a known issue highly reported since pre launch.

A lot of people never notice because they never stay grouped to turn in a quest. As soon as the end mob is killed and looted it's "thanks for the group" (if that), and quickly you find your group disbanded.

Aye if you don't level in a fixed group you'll probably not notice you're not getting any social points....... because you're not getting any social points to start with. :)

So with 1.2 there are some legacy items that you buy with social points............Are we screwed?

I think from now till the release of 1.2 we should do some ticket filling on a regular basis till this is fixed.

Edited by WaliceDrel

Actually its been reported to no end...there were pages devoted to it in beta...It just has not been rectified. I also reported it on live in the first couple weeks once I realized it still existed...They are and have been very aware of it for a long time. Honestly since the vast majority of people cannot functionally use "social armor" save consular/Inquisitors my guess is its been thrown in the broken system pile to be addressed at a later date.

I dont think "social" was meant literally..Like it was put in game so people could stand around fleet wearing it...It was meant as a special reward for participating in social apsects of the game. Since only one class/mirror can functionally use it currently without major armor penalty..its probably been deemed unimportant.

Or they could just change "socail" to "RP' armor and leave it all "light" armor rating. Regardless..got offtrack...Its been a known issue highly reported since pre launch.

they have already stated that they are fixing social armor, i believe they said 1.3, but that may be wrong. while this bug is highly annoying, and has been around for quite some time, its also very possible that they dont know whats causing it, or how to fix it without breaking a ton of other things. i really doubt its something they would just throw under the bus considering how they look at bars and filling them.

Social points are hard enough to get normally. Players being bugged makes it even worse. Hope they can address the bug and then somehow make up the lost levels to the affected players.

I'd also like to see it become easier to gain the points, but fix the bugged peeps first.