Respecting Skills

Yaesive

As a player advances and gains insight on the game from playing various roles and adventures they advance levels. We as players are granted opportunities to improve our toons via skill improvement from combat and passive actions, we slow improve. Now what happens if we either accidentally or via growth learn we have chosen unwisely. Spent a point in one area that should not have been spent?

I (sorry had to use it) believe that at some point and with some cost players should be allowed to respect their skills, this should not be a oh (as an example) 5K a time, no it needs to have a shifting scale that if you do it more than once a month or something it costs more. This would allow for the possible error to be corrected or style to evolve as players grow and their knowledge changes without creating a new toon that could impact the future of options.

You might want to look in your capital cities or fleet space stations for a person known as a "Skill Mentor." He has the wisdom required to teach you how to correct mistakes you made while learning your skills and abilities. His prices reset once a week, as well.

And, although I'm sure that Aretha Franklin would love knowing that you "respect" the skills you've learned in your journey through life, the more appropriate term is "respec." Since you "spec" your class by "specifying" your skills, when you "respecify" your skills your "respec" them.

Where's the Skill Mentor at? I checked Dromund Kaas and the Imperial Fleet and couldn't find him. Did the devs take him out until 1.2 is released?

In Kaas City he is directly across from the BH/Agent trainer. When you target him his tooltip is Skill Mentor, and you get a conversation icon not a vendor icon over him. On the Imp Fleet he should be in the northernmost alcove in the Skill Trainer quarter, I know in Repub Fleet it's the southernmost one. Again you are looking for someone classified as skill mentor with a conversation icon when you mouse over them, not a vendor icon.

I was looking for a vendor icon which explains why I couldn't find him.

It's a bit confusing, I totally understand.

Also, in case you didn't know, your respec costs reset to zero a week from your first respec. So say you respec today, on a Saturday, the cost for a second respec goes to like 150, then to 300, then up and up getting pretty expensive should you do it a lot. However, next Saturday, it's back to zero, even though the tooltip is bugged and says it will cost you. It resets each week, so it's pretty nice.

Thanks. I did read about that but also read about people that had trouble with theirs not resetting after a week.

There's definitely a bug in the tooltip, I've seen it tell me respec will cost 1500 credits and when I accept the box comes up saying my cost is zero.