Q: Reverse Engineering - Synthweaving

rbkrbk

I'm not currently on the PTS, and I haven't seen this answered in a way yet that clarifies my confusion, so if anyone is able to confirm the details of my query, I would be very grateful.

Here is my dilemma: I was really looking forward to 1.2 for one big reason; to customize my look. For my Sorc, I really like the Voss Social V Mystic Robes, and for my Assassin, the lvl40 PvP gear. Both these armor sets are orange items. Will I be able to, as a Synthweaver, reverse engineer these items, learn the schematics, then craft them until they crit with an augment slot?

I was under the impression that we will only have the ability to reverse engineer and learn schematics for endgame items (which, unfortunately, I do not find aesthetically pleasing at all), which is quite disappointing to me if true.

Everyone I ask, everything I to read, seems to have conflicting and contradictory information. Would anyone be able to clear this up for me? Will I be able to perform the above, or no?

Again, I would be very grateful for a straightforward answer.

I'm not currently on the PTS, and I haven't seen this answered in a way yet that clarifies my confusion, so if anyone is able to confirm the details of my query, I would be very grateful.

Here is my dilemma: I was really looking forward to 1.2 for one big reason; to customize my look. For my Sorc, I really like the Voss Social V Mystic Robes, and for my Assassin, the lvl40 PvP gear. Both these armor sets are orange items. Will I be able to, as a Synthweaver, reverse engineer these items, learn the schematics, then craft them until they crit with an augment slot?

I was under the impression that we will only have the ability to reverse engineer and learn schematics for endgame items (which, unfortunately, I do not find aesthetically pleasing at all), which is quite disappointing to me if true.

Everyone I ask, everything I to read, seems to have conflicting and contradictory information. Would anyone be able to clear this up for me? Will I be able to perform the above, or no?

Again, I would be very grateful for a straightforward answer.

From the QA answers:

Q ZudetGambeous - Is it possible to use Reverse Engineering on PvP gear and Operations gear in 1.2 to get the appearance shell for those items? If so, has the ability to trade bound items for Reverse Engineering been added, or can you only use Reverse Engineer on those items if you have them yourself... I.E will my alts have to start rolling need on my main’s Operations gear so I can use Reverse Engineering?

A David Hunt: You can use Reverse Engineering on Operations gear but not PvP gear. You can purchase PvP appearance schematics for credits, but the appearance schematics may have additional equip requirements. For example, Battlemaster appearances require Valor even though normal Battlemaster items do not. This is because the recipes to produce Battlemaster appearances do not require PvP activity, while purchasing Battlemaster gear requires PvP commendations.

---------------

And

"For one, when attempting to reverse engineer an item (for which you indeed need the appropriate profession) you will now be able to see in the item tooltip what your chance to successfully reverse engineer a new schematic is (or if such a chance exists at all). "

---------------

And

"Because we do not want players to gamble with reverse engineering custom appearances (orange items) which are often unique quest rewards, the schematics for these items are obtained via mission discoveries for various gathering skills and are set to Bind on Equip to encourage active trading."

---------------

These 3 things tell me, that IF new schematics are included for the level 40 PvP oranges, you will get the schematics from Missions, and/or from Reverse Engineering those pieces made from Schematics (you cannot RE the ones from the vendor).