Asia Players Holding Their Breath (but for how long?)

Wolvan

I am an officer an Ajunta Pall guild that happens to have mostly Australian/NZ players. At our peak just a month ago we had perhaps 15 active members across 40 characters, and could comfortably field Ops groups, regular HMs and plenty of PvP.

In comes the Asia servers. We all dutifully went to check them out and were excited at the population on the servers during our peak, and the low ping times that US-based players take for granted.

(On a side note a US friend rolled something there and said that the game was "unplayable" with 200-350 ping....what we experience every day. We had to laugh.)

At this time, Ajunta Pall had a pretty healthy population throughout the night, so we agreed that we'd stay there.

Fast forward a month and the player base has dried up during our peak times (attrition to the Asia servers I assume) and we're all sick to death of Republic on Republic Huttball. Incidentally, a friend and I can generally go out to Ilum as a duo and own middle for our arms updates at night.

Consequently we're all waiting with baited breath for the announcement of WHEN then xfers will take place (cmon tell us!).

We have new players "starting with us"...and by that I mean rolling on the Asia server in anticipation of the free transfers so that we can all meet up and profit. We barely get 3-4 people on during our peak times now as it is boring as hell and people are drifting away from the game altogether.

So....we've been waiting patiently for the free xfers, but I'm afraid if we wait much longer we wont have anyone left that will actually want to do it. We cannot actively recruit as we intend to transfer servers imminently (insert actual date from Bioware here please).

Please announce a date, so we at least have something to work with in convincing our players to stay. As it stands now, we are just bleeding players with no end in sight.

I am an officer an Ajunta Pall guild that happens to have mostly Australian/NZ players. At our peak just a month ago we had perhaps 15 active members across 40 characters, and could comfortably field Ops groups, regular HMs and plenty of PvP.

In comes the Asia servers. We all dutifully went to check them out and were excited at the population on the servers during our peak, and the low ping times that US-based players take for granted.

(On a side note a US friend rolled something there and said that the game was "unplayable" with 200-350 ping....what we experience every day. We had to laugh.)

At this time, Ajunta Pall had a pretty healthy population throughout the night, so we agreed that we'd stay there.

Fast forward a month and the player base has dried up during our peak times (attrition to the Asia servers I assume) and we're all sick to death of Republic on Republic Huttball. Incidentally, a friend and I can generally go out to Ilum as a duo and own middle for our arms updates at night.

Consequently we're all waiting with baited breath for the announcement of WHEN then xfers will take place (cmon tell us!).

We have new players "starting with us"...and by that I mean rolling on the Asia server in anticipation of the free transfers so that we can all meet up and profit. We barely get 3-4 people on during our peak times now as it is boring as hell and people are drifting away from the game altogether.

So....we've been waiting patiently for the free xfers, but I'm afraid if we wait much longer we wont have anyone left that will actually want to do it. We cannot actively recruit as we intend to transfer servers imminently (insert actual date from Bioware here please).

Please announce a date, so we at least have something to work with in convincing our players to stay. As it stands now, we are just bleeding players with no end in sight.

They said April.

...Which you would know if you had looked around :D

When will I be able to transfer my characters to another server/region?

Qualified players in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, or Singapore, will be offered one-time free character transfers to Asia Pacific servers for a limited time period in late April. No specific date has been confirmed at this time. We will be sending an email to all qualified players by early March with more details. Stay tuned to http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com for more information.

http://www.swtor.com/info/faq/game#q400115

Edited by Viera

They did say April. However that is shaping up to be a long month. That was also before they said that 1.2 would be out in March.

My bet is they are under the pump to get 1.2 out the door in April so the xfer has fallen off the wagon.

Hence my request for a date, or at the very least a confirmation that April is still the target.

EDIT: They also stated that we'd receive email confirmation in early March for affected players...which has not yet arrived.

Edited by Wolvan

They did say April. However that is shaping up to be a long month. That was also before they said that 1.2 would be out in March.

My bet is they are under the pump to get 1.2 out the door in April so the xfer has fallen off the wagon.

Hence my request for a date, or at the very least a confirmation that April is still the target.

EDIT: They also stated that we'd receive email confirmation in early March for affected players...which has not yet arrived.

Then you could be in trouble..

If you didn't receive the email I don't think you're eligible.

It's hard to say because no-one knows what's going on around here... Everyone just takes wild guesses.

Start a toon on the new servers while you wait. Dont get stuck bogged down with some sort of cyber loyalty to computer game toon, move onto the new servers now. They are awesome fun, packed full all the time, very lively.

I had some high lvls on USA servers I was going to keep playing untill transfers, then logged on to the Asian servers to check them out, and havent gone back. Barely remember my old toons.

Sure, it will be cool to bring them over whenever, but I see so many ppl on the forums waiting for Bioware to pick them up and put them on fuller servers when they could just do it themselves. Dont wait!!

The average person can only hold their breath for around 3 minutes. You have that long.

On a side note a US friend rolled something there and said that the game was "unplayable" with 200-350 ping....what we experience every day. We had to laugh.

That is so true. It's so annoying going from my Scoundrel on Oceanic to my Assassin on West Coast and having to lead aim people every single time I want to do an AE knockback. Damn Americans. :p

But yea, they said April. That is all anyone knows.

Edited by Acindo

That is so true. It's so annoying going from my Scoundrel on Oceanic to my Assassin on West Coast and having to lead aim people every single time I want to do an AE knockback. Damn Americans. :p

But yea, they said April. That is all anyone knows.

I hear ya. This is most frustrating in Huttball. The worst example for me was knocking someone INTO the goal, rather than AWAY from it, due to lag (well...lets blame it on that anyway!)

Yep.It seems that we asia pacific peeps are pushed into the corner again.My guild is suffering the same problems.We have newbies on the new servers and the rest of us on the US servers.When do we get to play together??Its tearing the community apart.

Not all of us in Asia are holding our breaths. I live in Singapore and my performance when connecting to The Swiftsure is much better than when I connect to any of the Asian Servers.

ya, right,

in TS we got 15x ping,

in asia server we got 38x,

but in my main char server is un-playable,

cause there is only 5ppl at our peak time.

First, calling them Asia servers is somewhat misleading. Most Asians I know get much worse ping on the Oceanic servers than the West Coast servers. I live in Japan and am faced with the unenviable choice of playing on a West Coast server when no one is on and getting a 120ms ping or playing on the Oceanic servers with lots of people, but a 280ms ping.

Currently, I'm waiting to see what happens after transfers to see if enough Asian players stay on The Harbinger to make it worth playing there. If not, I guess I eat the horrible ping and play Oceanic. Kind of a sucky situation, really.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/20060-pax-east-2012-day-1-3pm-q-a-audio-and-highlights

At about 26 min in they say "Server transfers will be available to AP players right after 1.2. Hopefully character transfers will be along at some point after that." With the second sentence referring to the transfer system for those stuck on dead servers.

I didn't see this info transcribed anywhere but I happened to catch it in the few minutes of the audio that I listened to. The audio is not easy on the ears.