Sith Corruption, Pink? and Options.

Opii

For reference: http://oi39.tinypic.com/1z72zh4.jpg

I'm told Turning Red characters that are dark aligned Pink, is actually intended. Then why Do all the obvious Dark aligned NPC's not look pink too then? They're darker red, and look way more corrupt/scary/intimidating, And i'd Love for my Corruption to look like that as well. Instead of Pink.. I understand that turning pale is the norm, and for other skin tones this seems to turn out fine. To me this seems like an oversight though. I've never seen a Pink skin in star wars lore. So i'd like to suggest making the Corruption for Red skinned players, a deeper/darker more demonic looking red that the NPC's have, instead of the current pink.

If this is indeed intended and not going to change, then i'd also like to suggest Options for this Feature, Perhaps a Tab that you open, and Choose what Corruptions you want once you unlock them, Say you want Dark 1, and Dark 4 appearances, but not the rest. You just turn those on, and turn the others off. Something simple, so you can just easily choose the corruptions you want to have showing, Instead of just Turning the Whole feature off, because some of the appearance changes are nice, and i'd prefer it was just fixed to not turn me pink. But if that's not the case, i think this is a viable solution as well.

This has been brought up in many posts before, and there's currently a thread on Reddit talking about this.

For those interested:

The answer is that the Dark-aligned NPCs don't show corruption; pink skin is the intent, and based on the effects of corruption as presented in the setting lore.

As an aside, if existing threads on the topic are available you're supposed to post in them. Creating your own thread in such a situation is a violation of forum guidelines. So is bumping your threads.

Edited by HeavensAgent

I play a twe'lik red skin and I wasn't too happy about the corruption manifestation either.. I had to turn it off under the social hood. Thankfully that is there to solve my problem. I agree though, it would be nice to see something better for the colored races.

The answer is that the Dark-aligned NPCs don't show corruption; pink skin is the intent, and based on the effects of corruption as presented in the setting lore.

As an aside, if existing threads on the topic are available you're supposed to post in them. Creating your own thread in such a situation is a violation of forum guidelines. So is bumping your threads.

This forum section is called the suggestion box, and is directed towards the dev's who read them. I recently spoke to a employee and he directed me to post it here as well so that the development team could look at the idea.

The only other topic on the matter i saw, spoke about a Slider. Which I personally think is a horrible idea, and was not interested in bumping up again.

"Adult Sith characteristically had skin of a crimson-hue, although infants of the species appeared a lighter shade of red. However, even though typically a dark red, some members of the species retained more pink shades of skin tone in adulthood" - Taken from Starwars wiki, and they took it from Tales of the Jedi: The fall of the Sith empire.

That can read two ways, Personally, i would Prefer the darker crimson color that NPC's have, over the pink. I know alot of people feel the same way, and that pink doesn't look "Scary" at all, It's laughable. That is why i made this SUGGESTION that you and your condescending ignorant attitude was unable to see.

If the NPC"s were also pink, then i could understand, but the inconsistency is questionable.

I'm also well aware of the fact you can turn this feature off. But utilizing features in the game, would also be nice to do don't you think?. So that's why i suggested another method to work around/fix it so some of us can not have the pink skin, while retaining other dark side attributes.

I guess you have nothing better to do then to sit around and comment on peoples suggestions, and pretend to be a forum mod.

This topic/thread was for the GAME DEVELOPERS to see, as i was instructed to do. Instead i have to put up with your type of people on a high horse. Your the type of person that makes people hesitant to posting thoughtful idea's on game forums, and what turns community game forums into garbage. I wish i could of disabled comments, like you can on you tube videos to avoid people like you.