Best Class for Solo PvP?

Narapoid

In my opinion, Marauder/Sentinel or Assassin/Shadow is probably the best way to go if strictly solo queuing. Operative/Smuggler if you want to heal, because these classes perform extremely well heal-wise when played right (which I hardly see done, but when it is done, it's awesome).

Not to say that the other classes don't perform well by themselves, but these are currently the best/most complete ones at the moment.

This isn't my playstyle though. I'm not looking to be the biggest ****** and top the charts every WZ. I want to contribute to completeing the objective and help my team win.

As a deception assassin I can run to the objective, do some decent dps, but if im targeted without someone healing me ill be dead in about 5 seconds without cds and thats not being very effective. Granted my gear isnt top notch atm, its just the feel im getting as i gear up.

Edit: I am going to try the darkness spec again(tried it at 40 something for a bit but went back for FP's)

I'd say that for objectives play and best 1v1 experience, Darkness Sin (KC Shadow) is your best bet.

They have the highest utility out of the top 3 dueling classes, and are almost unstoppable in the homestretch for Huttball.

Marauders are solid for damage and dueling only, but if you want a "total package", I think Darkness Sin is where it's at.

I can't honestly think of another class that brings more to the table, and I currently have Powertech, Sorc, Marauder, Juggernaut, and Assassin.

Like you said, though, it may not be your playstyle.

Sounds like your server is full of ppl who need some l2p pills. Toe to Toe deception sins are weak as **** against competent players.

This just isn't true. In a 1v1 situation, if I get the jump, I'll win 9 times out of 10. Are some classes a lot harder than others? Yes. But it's doable if all your CDs are up and relics, etc. But if your CDs aren't up, then yeah, you're not going to kill anything.

To say they're weak against competent players is wrong though, at least in a 1v1, which is what the original post was talking about. It's not good in group play if that's what you're saying, I agree, because it's so squishy and has mediocre damage without cooldowns.

Should've stayed Infil, I get commended all the time for not "copping-out" and bearing the burden, lol.

I'm a Darkness tank who guards for my Deception fiance so she doesn't die when people look at her funny.

Guarded Deception Sin w/ taunts backing them is a very scary thing to fight.

Is that still a copout? : )

The answer is sin/shadow. It isn't even close. Op/scoundrel can beat everything else...but since you will be fighting tons of sins/shadows and they hard counter you like a son of a gun? Sin/shadow it is.

Anni/watchman marauder/sent should never beat a stealth class 1 v 1. That isn't to say a sentinel/marauder can't stomp op/scoundrels, IF some idiot dot's them during rebuke (to keep it refreshing). Sent/marauder also lose to slinger/sniper.

Some marauder/sents are just really good (the bad ones quit long before they hit 50) and the classes that they beat? Shouldn't be losing.

Now if this question was what class should you play for 2 v 2 with the other person being a healer? Then Marauder/sent would be right there with tank sin/shadow. Op/scoundrel would be WAY BEHIND these two classes in 1.2

Most of the QQ about sent/marauders and vastly overrating them as a 1v1 class is from butthurt sorc/sages who suck on their rerolled sent/marauder and are mad they are getting the nerfbat and that they are too dumb to succeed on the class they are QQing about. Basically? Their life sucks and they need to rage here 24/7,

The answer is sin/shadow. It isn't even close. Op/scoundrel can beat everything else...but since you will be fighting tons of sins/shadows and they hard counter you like a son of a gun? Sin/shadow it is.

Anni/watchman marauder/sent should never beat a stealth class 1 v 1. That isn't to say a sentinel/marauder can't stomp op/scoundrels, IF some idiot dot's them during rebuke (to keep it refreshing). Sent/marauder also lose to slinger/sniper.

Some marauder/sents are just really good (the bad ones quit long before they hit 50) and the classes that they beat? Shouldn't be losing.

Now if this question was what class should you play for 2 v 2 with the other person being a healer? Then Marauder/sent would be right there with tank sin/shadow. Op/scoundrel would be WAY BEHIND these two classes in 1.2

Most of the QQ about sent/marauders and vastly overrating them as a 1v1 class is from butthurt sorc/sages who suck on their rerolled sent/marauder and are mad they are getting the nerfbat and that they are too dumb to succeed on the class they are QQing about. Basically? Their life sucks and they need to rage here 24/7,

Man, you are really good at talking out of your.... yeah.

Man, you are really good at talking out of your.... yeah.

And you have no idea what you are talking about. Then again you play a PT/Vanguard and think because one class hard counters you it needs a nerf.

If you lose to a marauder/sent on a sin/shadow/sniper/slinger/op/scoundrel in a 1v1? You are literally pants on head retarded.

Hell I can kill most sentinels/marauders on my op/scoundrel without even needing to cc the rebuke lol. Tank/sin/shadow? I can't imagine how bad you would have to be to lose the 1v1. Sniper/slinger? You actually have to know what you are doing. The funny thing? They are the HARDEST counter. Most are just so dumb that we steamroll them...

PT/Vanguard? Yeah we bend them over. HIB/Railshot = ranged attack = you are screwed. Do you see me crying about my three hard counters (some of which I play)? Nope. I just say...those are our counters. I don't cry like a little girl because I have a hard counter lol.

Derp I can't kill someone in less then 10 seconds on my PT/Vanguard. Derp. This isn't fair! Derp. I have pulled 500 k on my sub 50 Vanguard. That is with broken Mortar volley that noone stands in lol. The class is stupidly easy and absolutely insane in warzones. How anyone could complain about any class while playing that crap is mindblowing. Then again little girls like you post on this forum.

Good day miss...

This is where you report me (little girl) or you make up some fallacies about marauders/sents having anywhere close to the burst as a PT/Vanguard. We have ramp up time, and nowhere near this burst. Is sent/marauder a better 1 v 1 class then a vanguard/pt? Of course. Does it wtfpwn crap in 5 seconds? Hell no lol.

Edited by biowareftw

And you have no idea what you are talking about. Then again you play a PT/Vanguard and think because one class hard counters you it needs a nerf.

If you lose to a marauder/sent on a sin/shadow/sniper/slinger/op/scoundrel in a 1v1? You are literally pants on head retarded.

Hell I can kill most sentinels/marauders on my op/scoundrel without even needing to cc the rebuke lol. Tank/sin/shadow? I can't imagine how bad you would have to be to lose the 1v1. Sniper/slinger? You actually have to know what you are doing. The funny thing? They are the HARDEST counter. Most are just so dumb that we steamroll them...

PT/Vanguard? Yeah we bend them over. HIB/Railshot = ranged attack = you are screwed. Do you see me crying about my three hard counters (some of which I play)? Nope. I just say...those are our counters. I don't cry like a little girl because I have a hard counter lol.

Derp I can't kill someone in less then 10 seconds on my PT/Vanguard. Derp. This isn't fair! Derp. I have pulled 500 k on my sub 50 Vanguard. That is with broken Mortar volley that noone stands in lol. The class is stupidly easy and absolutely insane in warzones. How anyone could complain about any class while playing that crap is mindblowing. Then again little girls like you post on this forum.

Good day miss...

I'd like for you to point out the part where I said that Marauders need a nerf. Or any class at all, for that matter. Anytime. Ever.

I can wait.

PS) Remember that thing I said you were really good at? Yeah.

Edited by Varicite

but since you will be fighting tons of sins/shadows

how many mmorpgs have you actually pvp'd in?

picking a class based on how many there are,seems pretty dumb to me

id rather go by,is the class actually going to have the playstyle im thinking of.which rogue like it doesnt seem assassins have it,operatives seem like they do though

i have looked at shadows and they seem to be more fun then assassins,i dont know why though.maybe its the fact i think project is a cool skill

Edited by CrunkShizzle

Good day miss...

This is where you report me (little girl) or you make up some fallacies about marauders/sents having anywhere close to the burst as a PT/Vanguard. We have ramp up time, and nowhere near this burst. Is sent/marauder a better 1 v 1 class then a vanguard/pt? Of course. Does it wtfpwn crap in 5 seconds? Hell no lol.

Holy strawman arguments batman.

i dont know

maybe im tired,and a bit retarded at the moment.but i dont know if its good to take your advice on the subject of pvp

1.ive played enough mmorpgs to know,that group pvp always is what your gonna get over 1 vs 1

2.i dont really think that just because you see more of the class,means its the better choice,im no fotm re roller

Tank shadow/sin > op/scoundrel (unless you are a healer, which looks REALLY good in 1.2) in group pvp as well mate. It won't even be close in 1.2

ATM all we see on The Fatman on empire is PT, Hybrid Sorc, Tank sin. The only one not being nerfed? Sin. The dps spec is also vastly underrated. A lot of bads simply play the class. It is the second most zerged class (sorc is first). What you see on this forum as far as how bad they are as a dps spec? Total bullcrap. The tank spec is simply so far and away the BEST WZ spec (can guard, does good dps and have a stupid amount of utility) that noone plays the dps spec. It is like sage/sorc. Full balance/madness is very good but noone plays it. Why? Cus they hybrid spec is silly good atm.

This "everyone is rerolling a sentinel/marauder" crap? I see more shadows/sins to be honest at low brackets. There are a good number of marauder/sents, but they absolutely suck. I can only imagine they are sorc/sages mains...I don't know how the hell they manage to do under 150 k on a dps class, but these idiots pull like 60-100 k often lol...

Holy strawman arguments batman.

Yes saying a class has 3 hard counters that the game designers would tell you are hard counters is a "strawman argument".

Only one spec in this game has no hard counter 1 v 1. Tank/sin shadow. They asked for the best 1 v 1 spec. I gave it to them. Nothing else comes close. All other classes have counters and hard counters.

Also I grow wick of that idiot posting. He literally said arcane mages were the hardest class to play in pvp in WoW in another thread. Stupid is...stupid...

Edited by biowareftw

Yes saying a class has 3 hard counters that the game designers would tell you are hard counters is a "strawman argument".

Only one spec in this game has no hard counter 1 v 1. Tank/sin shadow. They asked for the best 1 v 1 spec. I gave it to them. Nothing else comes close. All other classes have counters and hard counters.

Actually, making the assumption that I was even talking about any of that at all is where the "straw man argument" comes from.

Especially since I've never said to nerf any class in this game at any point in time, or have ever complained about being beaten by any class. Ever.

I said that Arc/Frost was a challenging spec to play successfully in PvP during the TBC era. So no, I didn't "literally" say that Arcane mages were the hardest class to play in WoW.

You're basically just making things up and then arguing w/ yourself about them. It's kind of amusing.

Anyone can check my post history and confirm what I'm saying pretty easily, so I'm not sure why you'd even try to lie about it. /shrug

Edited by Varicite

Actually, making the assumption that I was even talking about any of that at all is where the "straw man argument" comes from.

Especially since I've never said to nerf any class in this game at any point in time, or have ever complained about being beaten by any class. Ever.

I said that Arc/Frost was a challenging spec to play successfully in PvP during the TBC era. So no, I didn't "literally" say that Arcane mages were the hardest class to play in WoW.

You're basically just making things up and then arguing w/ yourself about them. It's kind of amusing.

Anyone can check my post history and confirm what I'm saying pretty easily, so I'm not sure why you'd even try to lie about it. /shrug

1) That is a bold face lie. The only time I saw an arcane frost spec was vanilla (minus a FFB hybrid that one shot people and was nerfed a couple weeks into WOTLK, youtube search arcane mage boom) for pve ONLY in molten core and the only reason people ran it was fire immune mobs, and you know what? I ran an elemental build and did almost the same dps in pve and clownstomped them in pvp. You agreed with some other idiot that Arcane was the hardest to play PvP spec. You are wrong in ANY expansion. The spec was always faceroll. From POM pyro, to arcane blast spam. Just because a spec sucked in pvp or small scale pvp, doesn't mean it was hard to play. It meant it sucked. Period. Arcane was faceroll and fantastic for rated warzones and mediocre for arenas.

2) You said I was talking out of my a#^ about counters. I wasn't. Those counters exist. You should not lose on those classes to marauder/sent.

Keep spending your whole life on this forum "talking out of your a@$". Maybe if you knew what the hell you were doing on your classes, instead of making 100 posts a day (most of them stupid), you would know what class counters what. It should be easily apparent...

There is no way in hell I could ever die to my sentinel on my scoundrel (this is pre 1.2, that might change) in a 1 v 1. It simply isn't possible. I SLAUGHTER most of the ops on fatman server on my sentinel. Want to know why? They are freakin morons. Being a moron doesn't mean a class doesn't have a hard counter. Sent/marauder has 3.

Edited by biowareftw

Tank shadow/sin > op/scoundrel (unless you are a healer, which looks REALLY good in 1.2) in group pvp as well mate. It won't even be close in 1.2

what about dps specs though

i dont really wanna roll a tank spec in pvp

Edited by CrunkShizzle

although,from looking at the tank tree that shadow gets.i dont know,force pull and slow time look pretty nice

Literally they are all decent. One is a glass cannon. One is the best 1 v 1 spec in the game, and the other isn't bad either.

You wear dps gear with the tank spec. You hit harder then you would think. Now will it be nerfed in the future? Who knows. ATM though? It is tops and nothing else is close. With dual spec coming? Nice to have the option to tank. With the nerfs to scoundrel/op in 1.2? I just don't see that class being viable as dps. Dirty fighting is HORRIBLE on a scoundrel and scrapper is getting neutered.

If you are comfortable with pressing a ton of keys on the move? Sentinel/marauder is a good choice and can beat many of the classes 1 v 1, but it does have hard counters, Sin/shadow? Does not. If 1.2 wasn't coming and you were just wanting to lead dps in warzones? I would say hybrid sorc/sage/pt/vanguard. Both specs are being hit with the nerfbat though.

1) That is a bold face lie. The only time I saw an arcane frost spec was vanilla for pve ONLY in molten core and the only reason people ran it was fire immune mobs, and you know what? I ran an elemental build and did almost the same dps in pve and clownstomped them in pvp. You agreed with some other idiot that Arcane was the hardest to play PvP spec. You are wrong in ANY expansion. The spec was always faceroll. From POM pyro, to arcane blast spam. Just because a spec sucked in pvp or small scale pvp, doesn't mean it was hard to play. It meant it sucked. Period. Arcane was faceroll and fantastic for rated warzones and mediocre for arenas.

1) No, you're wrong.

Arc/Frost, while not as defensive as Frost during BC, still had quite a lot of damage along w/ the instant cast Poly, and Slow albeit for a hefty mana cost. Icy Veins w/ AP running and chain casting Arc Blasts into a focus target could spell the end to most classes very quickly w/ a competent partner.

Arcane itself was a bad spec, but the hybrid was pretty potent in skilled hands. You traded your survival for incredible burst, and outright insane burst during cooldown phases.

2) I was referring to how you can't seem to post anything w/out making it about Sorcs somehow. I don't care about what you said about counters. You just made that up on your own.

Also, I have a job that allows me to play on the forums while I work and get paid for it. I know, pretty awesome.

Edited by Varicite

I'm actually pretty happy w/ Powertech. It doesn't have nearly the utility of a Marauder or Assassin, but it has very good dps and a decent amount of utility w/ taunts, Grapple, and an AoE stun on a relatively short cd.

It doesn't have great defenses in dps spec, though. The only thing you'll have is the heavy armor and a 25% damage reduction cooldown that's pretty good, but on a 2 minute timer.

Personally, though, if you're only looking to do DPS, I'd say Marauder is the best you're going to find, hands down.

I don't know how the hell they manage to do under 150 k on a dps class, but these idiots pull like 60-100 k often lol...

sounds like a good warzone player to me. . .you know, playing to the objectives. . .not the scoreboard :p

the exception is generally voidstar