Best Class for Solo PvP?

Narapoid

What class/spec(imperial) do you think would have the most survivabilty & usefulness for PvP?

Kinda wanting to try out healing since I've never done it before and hardly anyone rolls them. Really like the look of operatives playstyle but their class forums make it seem to be at a disadvantage(however i realise this could just be people crying without legitimate reasons)

I've only leveled a sith assassin to 50 and its just not fun without a healer tbh

sooooo suggestions? also is there a server(s) that PvPers have decided to build a good community on?

Well it's not scrappers. People tend to think this, I'm not sure why. I think it's because in other games stealth classes are feared and have lots of burst. Maybe it's because in pre 1.5 they use to be good.

They're bad now. They're getting worst next patch.

If you like the look of operatives, roll one. They're fine now, and they're getting buffed in 1.2, while the two other healers are getting nerfed. I think the healers should be around equal then, with operatives possibly gaining a slight edge in pvp, but that remains to be seen.

Well it's not scrappers. People tend to think this, I'm not sure why. I think it's because in other games stealth classes are feared and have lots of burst. Maybe it's because in pre 1.5 they use to be good.

They're bad now. They're getting worst next patch.

They're not 'bad' right now. I still top the damage charts in every single warzone I play with all but the best of opponents. Next patch is a different story...

However, we have ****-all survivability. We go down faster than panties on prom night.

Than you SUCK on your sin bro..

Darkness = Hands down most op toon 1v1 then ANYTHING by a long shot..

Deception is the king of all Glass Cannon's ( I play an Ifil Shadow ) and there is NOTHING I cant kill if I get the open

Madness takes more skill then you have as I can tell from your post, but VERY VERY Strong, look at the Balance post for shadow...Read it, Know it, Fail at it as im sure you would....

Deception is the king of all Glass Cannon's ( I play an Ifil Shadow ) and there is NOTHING I cant kill if I get the open

Madness takes more skill then you have as I can tell from your post, but VERY VERY Strong, look at the Balance post for shadow...Read it, Know it, Fail at it as im sure you would....

i said i wanted survivability and utility, im deception so being a glass cannon is not what i wanted. go **** yourself.

As for everyone else thanks for the responses, prolly goin with op

Hillarious.

Sounds like your server is full of ppl who need some l2p pills. Toe to Toe deception sins are weak as **** against competent players.

Hillarious.

Sounds like your server is full of ppl who need some l2p pills. Toe to Toe deception sins are weak as **** against competent players.

Weak yes, but I KILL What I intend to...If I see that one healer in the back free casting, I erase him from the fight. Even if I make that my entire match so be it..

And back to the OP, Dude, go Darkness and profit, its the FoTm for a reason, I REFUSE to go KC because I dont want to do a 3 button rotation, land 500k WZ's and die from Bordum...

Weak yes, but I KILL What I intend to...If I see that one healer in the back free casting, I erase him from the fight. Even if I make that my entire match so be it..

Lets assume you play against competent players and not terribads (we can all roll them all day, every day).

You pop out, someone with taunt see's you "bam 30% less dmg", bam guard on the healer 50% less dmg, bam pealed and *****.

Mate you certianly did your job there beeing canonfodder for a whole 10/15 sec

While not even putting a dent into the enemy healer.

And back to the OP, Dude, go Darkness and profit, its the FoTm for a reason, I REFUSE to go KC because I dont want to do a 3 button rotation, land 500k WZ's and die from Bordum...

3 button rotation, lets have a look at deception vs, vs, shock, discharge - ye that sounded complicatede as hell.

ino ino, now you come back and go, I need to low slash, I need to pick my targets with care, I need to help out with burst etc. etc.

Funny thing its the same for the Darkness sin playing prober, random person needs guard so switching it now, taunting another guy who is getting focused, pulling reciever away from ball, or ball carier into fire etc. Wither, shock, FL.

Long story short, dont show up trying to make deception sound any kind of hard, and darkness easy. Its about the same amount of button pressing required, and about the same amount of awareness to be "good" at what your doing.

Deception is terrible comparede to darkness face it.

If you prefere to play Deception because its fun, and you dont give a **** outside that, fine enjoy it by all means, but dont make it sound like your super skilled and special compared to darkness, because you play it.

Edited by upzie

Hillarious.

His whole server needs l2p pills.

Or the assassins on your server.

Maybe you can help: What's more likely the cause?

His whole server needs l2p pills.

Or the assassins on your server.

Maybe you can help: What's more likely the cause?

If you cant see the irony in his post, then I'm afraid theres no hope for you.

Good chances are that its the server, and ye 9/10 sins on my server are terrible aswell. But then again, thats not exclusive for assasins, it goes for all players across the class's.

Edited by upzie

Assassin/shadow is the best solo PvP class. It's not even a contest. Kill anyone you meet, avoid anyone you don't feel like fighting.

This isn't my playstyle though. I'm not looking to be the biggest ****** and top the charts every WZ. I want to contribute to completeing the objective and help my team win.

As a deception assassin I can run to the objective, do some decent dps, but if im targeted without someone healing me ill be dead in about 5 seconds without cds and thats not being very effective. Granted my gear isnt top notch atm, its just the feel im getting as i gear up.

Edit: I am going to try the darkness spec again(tried it at 40 something for a bit but went back for FP's)

Edited by Narapoid

I have been playing Ballance Shadow as of late, Inspired by a post in the Shadow Forums, from a VERY Strong and skilled shadow. All I can say its I think ONLY Marauder/Sent has a higher skill cap, and if you have the Chi to pull it off, nothing is stronger...

Darkness Assassin.

1 vs. 1 they can outlast anyone and keep DoT's and interrupts going.

Every dueling tournament I've ever seen or heard of was always won by a average-to-decent tankassin(gear and competency-wise).

Assassin/shadow is the best solo PvP class. It's not even a contest. Kill anyone you meet, avoid anyone you don't feel like fighting.

hmm so lets say i wanted to make a "rogue like"class for a solo rated warzone queueing alt in 1.2

would a infiltration shadow be better to make then a scoundrel scrapper.i mean,i generally dislike pvping in groups.always have in mmorpgs,never been a fan of being in the zerg ive always perfered pvping alone

im assuming from what ive heard recently about scoundrel scrapper survivability a shadow would be better to make

Edited by CrunkShizzle

I have been playing Ballance Shadow as of late, Inspired by a post in the Shadow Forums, from a VERY Strong and skilled shadow. All I can say its I think ONLY Marauder/Sent has a higher skill cap, and if you have the Chi to pull it off, nothing is stronger...

after reading the sever force talent.im wondering why that was in the balance tree and not the infiltration tree

i mean,from my knowledge of rogue type classes.stunlocking is win,and sever force seems like a great skill for that