[Request Feature] Social Points in More Situations

Miyar

Currently, there is only one reliable method of earning social points within SWTOR. That is being grouped up while picking up the same quest.

While this is definately an excellent method of earning social points - it is also extremely limited. The points are not rewarded based on actually completing the mission together, only getting the same quest together and responding to the questgiver at the same time. In order to try and maximize social points in this regard, both players have to be playing completely in tandum.

I propose, that this is just one small aspect of being social within SWTOR - maybe the smallest. Only people who have the exact same schedule and play habits can earn any significant amount of social points. Currently, After the initial questing earing your way to level 50, you are basically left with only a couple of quests where you can earn social points - basically preventing any further progression except at a snails pace. Most of our time at this point, is spent running Operations, Flashpoints, and Warzones.

At this time, when we are being the most social of any aspect of the game - we are earning bascially no meaningful amounts of social points.

I would like to bring up for discussion, adding social points to downing a boss (possibly increasing based on difficulty and number of players in the group, but up for discussion), winning a warzone, and small amounts given for trash kills in Ops/FP and time spent in a warzone. All of these are much more in line with what social points should be given for.

Any thoughts on this? Would you like to see additional ways of earning social points instead of solely just picking up the quest a the same time someone else is?

There should be a solo quest that allows some Social if people wish to do it,because currently people are just running Essle's for it on speeders and skipping through all conversations,keep good social benefits for group content but add something for the single player imo,i dont want to run Essle's endlessly and some people do not want my 50's and others do not want my lower lvl's.

I do agree that limiting social point acquisition to only conversations is very limiting, and ignores that downing Champion level mobs in FPs and Heroic 4s requires a group effort at level, and would be a good change for the system to give social points for doing so.

There should be a solo quest that allows some Social

I don't neccesarily believe that there should be a solo method of earning social points. Social points are intended to be a method to encourage people to group up and tackle content together.

Running the beginning FP's over and over is a symptom of the problem of not having the points distributed in the proper ways. We need more ways for points to be distributed to avoid that method as being the most popular way to game the system.

I've seen this thread a few times, haven't seen any developer interaction. I'm a bit frustrated by not having the social points to get the pilot flight suits, but I'm already seeing social point power leveling groups. With the structure you're proposing, I can see very rapid social runs, most joining group at the point of boss kill, with very little socializing.

I'm not a fan of the social points feature, I think gear should be regionally earned through the facet of game play you're interested in. The entire game should be social or at least lead to social content, there should be no need to receive Scooby snacks for grouping with people.

Edited by kashaun

The whole social point system seems exclusively designed to make people be less annoyed at multiplayer conversations. I imagine their testers said "when grouping, it's a real chore to wait on other people making their choices if I don't care about the story of the quest." So they added a reward for being in multiplayer conversations. That is why you can't get the points any other way - it is not about being social, it is about being less annoyed by multiplayer conversations.

I like this idea. I think something should be done to give minor points for heroic missions. Say minor points if you are in the same heroic area with 1+ players in your group and down a bad guy (more points if they are a target rather than miscellaneous mob). Extra points if you and 1+ members of your group hand in the heroic mission within 30 minutes of each other (the more of you who hand in the mission the more points).

Basically give people a reason to join a random group doing a heroic beyond just XP/items. Also as a general thing give more points for being in a larger group (if that isn't done already).

Something I'd also like to see is vendors (such as fleet commendation vendors) have comparable orange equipment that doesn't require social ranks to wear (restrict it to level 10+ though). Not everyone may want to or can team up on a regular basis so give people alternate methods to buy orange gear if they want to solo play. Give a greater variety to social vendors but have a small variety with fleet commendation vendors so players who don't get social points quickly aren't left out completely.

Basically players who do a lot of social stuff will have greater customization options but players who can't/don't gain social rank as fast will still have access to at least 1 set of orange gear.

Currently, there is only one reliable method of earning social points within SWTOR. That is being grouped up while picking up the same quest.

While this is definately an excellent method of earning social points - it is also extremely limited. The points are not rewarded based on actually completing the mission together, only getting the same quest together and responding to the questgiver at the same time. In order to try and maximize social points in this regard, both players have to be playing completely in tandum.

I propose, that this is just one small aspect of being social within SWTOR - maybe the smallest. Only people who have the exact same schedule and play habits can earn any significant amount of social points. Currently, After the initial questing earing your way to level 50, you are basically left with only a couple of quests where you can earn social points - basically preventing any further progression except at a snails pace. Most of our time at this point, is spent running Operations, Flashpoints, and Warzones.

At this time, when we are being the most social of any aspect of the game - we are earning bascially no meaningful amounts of social points.

I would like to bring up for discussion, adding social points to downing a boss (possibly increasing based on difficulty and number of players in the group, but up for discussion), winning a warzone, and small amounts given for trash kills in Ops/FP and time spent in a warzone. All of these are much more in line with what social points should be given for.

Any thoughts on this? Would you like to see additional ways of earning social points instead of solely just picking up the quest a the same time someone else is?

You got me onboard.