Can we get companions immune to aoe?

Nightsong

I know that people have been asking for a "move to" button, but wouldn't it be easier to just make them immune to aoe in the first place?

They are already less effective than a player, so making them immune wouldn't make them preferable for heroics or flashpoints to a player, just less ineffective.

Having your companion break off all action just so that you can move them only makes things even more frustrating. And if you are melee, you have to break off combat to get them to move, unless you want them sitting on the mob you are fighting.

If the enemy is using AoE, you will want to escape from it as well... so setting your companion to passive is the solution.

There are also the solutions of using push/pull abilities to move the mob, making your companion no longer in range of the AoE. If this is a big issue for you, get a ranged tank companion, rather than a melee tank companion... or become the tank yourself, and get a ranged DPS or healer companion.

There are already a ton of solutions to this issue.

• 5 months later...

I support this. :)

If it's too hard to reprogram the AI then making them Immune to AoE attacks is the best solution. Commanding my companions to go passive everytime i see an AoE is a little too much micro management, IMO.

Edited by Jedted

I am sorry, I don't understand the problem here. An aoe hurts your companion? So what? It hurts you, too. I see no reason they should be immune.

Players can learn to move away from AOE, but companions don't know they should. Personally, I think tweaking companion AI is the better solution.

I would have thought making the AI better would not be too bad, although this would screw players if mobs got this. Mobs currently stand in my lightning storm and it works well if they all broke and avoided it they would probably bring in more adds and it would be messy. However for a compaion I am sure they could check if the damage they were taking came from AOE and if so move towards the player?