Which Sniper Build will use cover the least in pvp?

Lijun

I am a level 22 Sniper and I am looking for some opinions on which sniper builds will use cover the least? Have you tried that build in PvP, how is it?

I like to be as mobile as I can, even as sniper. If I am gonna continue leveling this toon, I want to find a build that will give me some potency while on the move also.

Thank you for any help

Almost any build that's heavy on Lethality won't need to use cover much.

I run 0/16/25 and basically the only time I drop into cover is to pop an explosive probe, cover pulse, or when entrench/dampener is up.

Obviously I'll take cover when I intend to "turret" for a bit or in PVE, because interupt immunity is good.

Heavy Engineering builds are also fairly mobile, and will be much more viable after 1.2 (and some people get good mileage from them now), although the tree has a lot of talents that revolve around cover.

Lethality is probably what you're looking for, and Marksman is the opposite.

That said, being in cover has a TON of benefits and you're going to want to be in cover quite a bit even as lethality. For instance, you *can* cast Cull without being in cover but it's stupid to do so. Any time you're not actively kiting you should be in cover for the benefits it provides.

use what abilities while in cover the jedi and troopers graple you to get near you to beat the crap out of you, dosent protect you from stuns, shocks, rocks, fire, close auto fireing, useing blast dosent knock them away 90% of the time, the other sheilds we got dont even help or save you while your sitting there in one spot as a sitting easy kill.

use what abilities while in cover the jedi and troopers graple you to get near you to beat the crap out of you, dosent protect you from stuns, shocks, rocks, fire, close auto fireing, useing blast dosent knock them away 90% of the time, the other sheilds we got dont even help or save you while your sitting there in one spot as a sitting easy kill.

Dude, learn how to write a sentence.

Secondly, cover does protect you from grapple and force grip. Also, it protects you from being charged, and gives 25% defense against white hits. You can become immune to cc with entrench (which you can only use in cover). Another important thing is that you suffer no pushback in cover.

Not using cover as a sniper is like not using your bubble as a sorcerer. It's the main defense of the class and most of the class advantages revolve around it.

If you really hate cover, you should not play a sniper.

Edited by Enexemander

This line should be at the NPC when you select your AC and at the beginning of the game before you select Agent IMO.

Lethality negates the need, but does not eliminate it completely.

Dude, learn how to write a sentence.

Secondly, cover does protect you from grapple and force grip. Also, it protects you from being charged, and gives 25% defense against white hits. You can become immune to cc with entrench (which you can only use in cover). Another important thing is that you suffer no pushback in cover.

Not using cover as a sniper is like not using your bubble as a sorcerer. It's the main defense of the class and most of the class advantages revolve around it.

Cover defense only works against ranged white damage. There are a lot of times where you will mitigate more damage by LoSing and pillar humping than by being out in the open with cover. This is where lethality shines, you only really need to expose yourself for Culls (for which you want to be in Cover of course, having your cull interrupted is not good for business).

Edited by Krytycal

if you insist on using it minimally, lethality is your calling.

If you plan to use a sniper to its max potential however, cover is essential and you will need to be in it as much as possible.

Benefits of cover are huge

- ranged defence chance – complete ranged immunity (hard cover)

- cannot be interrupted

- cannot be charged or pulled (insanely imporant)

- access to highest damage attacks

- complete cc immunity for 20 seconds every minute (amazing)

- cover pulse

- feated ballistic dampeners (30% damage absorb is amazing)

- feated 6% dmg reduction

- feated Insta snipe

Edited by Kalliadies