Improve Companion System

Matty_Ice_Adonai

I think that maybe having more than one active companion would be great. Seeing as that you acquire these companions over the course of your story, I think it's very weird that only one of them is with you at a time. I think maybe having 2-3 active companions would be great ala Dragon Age or Mass Effect, and then having party banter would improve the immersion and experience even more. Of course this would mean that maybe experience gain should be nerfed? Or mobs then would be increased? Or that they hit harder? It would also make sense that keeping your companions gear up-to-date is a priority. It would also help change up the play style of each player as he can play around with his party dynamics, because right now there are a lot of companions that are being snubbed over others due to a conflict in class type and of course romance options.

Just my two cents.

The entire game would need rebuilt to accommodate additional companions.

^ I actually don't believe that. The game already knows how to handle additional companions when in a party. How then could it not be possible to use the party system then for solo play? Instead of 2 PCs + 2 Companions, why not 1 PC + 2 companions? There is already a UI customization system coming out, and thus the UI would be able to cater to an additional companion bar, would it not?

*Edited for Typographical Errors.

Edited by Matty_Ice_Adonai

I don't think the entire game would have to be rebuilt but I think there is another problem.

TOR is an MMO and the "massive multiplayer" part should be emphasized. There is nothing wrong with playing solo and players should be allowed to do it and not be punished but the focus of the game should be multiplayer.

Many people are having problems building groups and doing multiplayer content, your idea would be an awesome and fun solution to let people do it solo, but it encourages the wrong idea.

Bioware needs to first fix the multiplayer issue THEN allow more companions to travel with you, because that would be really awesome.

I suppose it is fair that the problems regarding the multiplayer part should be fixed first, although I don't really see a solution to that except for WoW's *You can be a jerk to a stranger LFD tool. But still, I have faith in Bioware.

Still though, the thought of having 2 or even 3 companions with you at a time, complete with party banter?!

*Not saying everyone on LFD was, just saying that the option was always there and that some people abused it way too much.

Edited by Matty_Ice_Adonai