PvP in Update 1.2: The Failure of Ranked WZs

lollermittens

Well,
The Ranked Warzone matchmaking system will match full groups of eight against one another, solo players against one another, players with similar ratings, etc.
That's kinda good news for me. Even though I see they'll still allow premades to go versus pug if premade has to wait too long. I just hope this "long" will be like 20 mins or so. As a solo player last thing in my rated (or any, really) warzone I wanna see is a premade as an opposing team. I hope that not only goes to 8x8 premades, but to less numbers premades too (like current 4x4).

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not even out yet and people are complaining?

1.2 starts PRESEASON RATED PVP. They already said that the real ratings are going to occur with cross server queuing which is not going to be implemented yet.

The people on this forum have serious mental issues.

All day long QQ... Haven't experienced new content already calling it a failure.

The failure here is the inability to be patient.

well, the games easy people want more to do if you put out easy content people want more. Its the same both ways, when wow was a hard game people had no problem with the rate of content being released, in fact most guilds never even saw the inside of naxx in vanilla, There was plenty to do.

well, the games easy people want more to do if you put out easy content people want more. Its the same both ways, when wow was a hard game people had no problem with the rate of content being released, in fact most guilds never even saw the inside of naxx in vanilla, There was plenty to do.

A bit off-topic, but I don't know if you can call that a success or not. Often seemed like a waste of development time. I would call Operations that more people have participated in more successful.

If you shoot for more accessible ops the game's going to be too easy for the really good players, but if you don't, you're spending your development money ONLY on the really good players, which is rather unfair to the people who don't play the game in as hardcore a fashion.

You're right though, the side effect of making content tuned for lower-coordination groups is that people burn through your content quickly, and you need to put it out on a faster cycle.

If they keep up this pace, BW will be doing that, though. They're delivering Ops/Instances/Warzones/Improvements at possibly the quickest rate I've ever seen in the history of this genre, though most people will be too busy flaming them for not doing EXACTLY what THEY wanted each time to notice.

Edited by AstralProjection

If you shoot for more accessible ops the game's going to be too easy for the really good players, but if you don't, you're spending your development money ONLY on the really good players, which is rather unfair to the people who don't play the game in as hardcore a fashion.

You're right though, the side effect of making content tuned for lower-coordination groups is that people burn through your content quickly, and you need to put it out on a faster cycle.

I thought I'd add that I think BW has a good handle on the tuning through the different difficulty modes, a'la WoW.

Rated WZs are a joke anyways. Most servers are dead. PVP on each server will remain exactly the same as it is now. Does your guild have 8 competent players left in it? Most likely not, folks.

Server merges need to happen now if you plan on saving this game.

My guild's got over 20 competent players in it. Maybe your guild sucks.

All day long QQ... Haven't experienced new content already calling it a failure.

The failure here is the inability to be patient.

May I hug you now?

The game has been out what... 4 months? How about just enjoying the other awesome stuff this RPG has to offer. I dunno, play the game to it's full extent. There is a HUGE amount of content to go through. PVP is one small part of it.

They are trying to iron out the bugs before giving it to us, its a little disappointing for the lack of notice, but really there is a huge amount of new stuff in this patch. So we have to wait a little longer for one part of a single aspect of the game to be available. Try something else in the game for a couple of weeks people, who knows, you might actually have fun.

Edited by noctoi

May I hug you now?

The game has been out what... 4 months? How about just enjoying the other awesome stuff this RPG has to offer. I dunno, play the game to it's full extent. There is a HUGE amount of content to go through. PVP is one small part of it.

They are trying to iron out the bugs before giving it to us, its a little disappointing for the lack of notice, but really there is a huge amount of new stuff in this patch. So we have to wait a little longer for one part of a single aspect of the game to be available. Try something else in the game for a couple of weeks people, who knows, you might actually have fun.

you guys are noobs or PVE'rs,you talk about patience when we are paying are money to play, f*** that i want what was promised to our community im all pvp and the reason why many have stayed was this ranked wz's and now many will stop playing cause BW wants to play games and announce 12h not 24-48h b4 patch but 12h sham wowing ppl to sub and start getting ready for ranked,many ppl resubed cause they are all pvp oriented and not pve'rs witch i think this patch was all about pve and F** pvp'er by nerfing pvp and everything associated with it,lets see how fast server pop drops to nothing like it was b4 1.2 many server going dead once again and BW hitting the panic button and announcing some other lie to get ppl to come back and play,but this time it will take more than sexy words to get ppl to trust this company again...

GOOD LUCK BIOWARE WE ALWAYS KNEW YOUR COMPANY IS A FAILURE AND THE BITS OF FAITH PPL HAD ABOUT THIS GAME ARE GONE,GW2 AND SUMMER MMO's ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER,I WANT TO SEE HOW YOU CLIMB OUT THIS WHOLE YOU DUG YOURSELF INTO NOW.....

NOTE: EVEN IF 14.99$ is pocket change i rather donate it to a random site than keep giving it to this failed game,FAILED!

Edited by GodKilla