Live the Ship Droid Experience!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/commando/

(its still in development, but close enough)

City of Heroes does an aprils fools joke every year (here's this year's, WoW does it, SWG did it, game companies in general (ie, not specifically MMO companies, but your Capcoms and the like), any company with a web presence is likely to do it (check out Google.com.

Anyone who thinks that this is something out of the ordinary that shouldn't be done is woefully out of touch, and i suspect likely is just now hearing about the internet for the first time....although EGM (Electronic Games Monthly) magazine used to do pretty much the exact same thing in every april issue in their rumor/preview section. IIRC it was one of their gags later made real that introduced Akuma to the Street Fighter franchise.

Edited by Inspecter

I gotta say when i got in last night and seen this, It actually got me. I completely forgot it was april fools days. but when i thought this was real i simply rolled my eyes and thought to myself, "well I guess if they will give force powers to non sith/Jedi, what won't they do right?"

While I wasn't feeling myself this morning I was thinking "oh, that's interesting... how would this really work though?" and couldn't quite think straight. Now I'm much more alert I took another look at it and started laughing. Great April Fool's joke BW, you almost had me. :)

Even trying to copy blizzard's april fools jokes, pathetic.

Because Blizzard was the first company to post April Fool's jokes on the Internet, of course.

(Of course, if BW had done nothing to celebrate the national holiday of the Internet, the Usual Suspects would be posting "Other companies care enough to provide something funny for their fans, but Bioware is too incompetent to even do that right".)

I really needed that laugh today.

Loved the awkward staredown between the trooper and his droid, and the epic music while the droid was doing mundane tasks was priceless. I loled hard!

There's a part of me that hopes this is actually implemented.

City of Heroes does an aprils fools joke every year (here's this year's, WoW does it, SWG did it, game companies in general (ie, not specifically MMO companies, but your Capcoms and the like), any company with a web presence is likely to do it (check out Google.com.

LOTRO did one with a new race of blue-skinned halflings who wore white hats and harvested berries. (Think about it...)

ThinkGeek does a bunch of them every year... here's an appropriate one from this year: https://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/looflirpa/ee06/?pfm=AprilFools_homepage_Featured_4_ee06

(I'd love to have one to mount on my starship wall!)

Etc.

Basically, anyone who thinks Bioware is "Wasting" resources or being "immature" or otherwise doing anything which is unexpected or wrong is, let us be clear here, extremely advanced.