Server que after disconnect- grace period plz?

Vaeli

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And soon the official relase date is and then all the servers will be full and a long wait time + cristmas is soon here and then more player will join and if they dont fix the servers they will lose a lot and I mean a LOT of palyer just becuse the server is unstable and long wait time.

And soon the official relase date is and then all the servers will be full and a long wait time + cristmas is soon here and then more player will join and if they dont fix the servers they will lose a lot and I mean a LOT of palyer just becuse the server is unstable and long wait time.

Maybe. At least the new players will have the opportunity to roll on a low pop server.

I rolled on the server I did because my guild got placed there. The people that really get boned are the ones that get in late, go to join their guild, only discover it's a high-pop server with a queue. So they can either roll on a low pop server to avoid the queue, and not be able to play with their friends, or have to deal with the queue.

In the end, it's probably gonna have to come down to server transfers, because some servers are ALWAYS going to be higher pop:

Heck, my server's sorta the unofficial 'Starsider 2'. My guild and three others from Starsider on SWG got placed there, so a few others from Starsider rolled there even though they weren't placed there. Isn't terribly likely any of these guilds is going to leave unless they ALL do together, without having to reroll.

I was asked to redirect my problem here:

Somehow the timers were shortened from last night. I went to the bathroom and came back to my computer to find myself disconnected for AFK. Okay. So I went to the bathroom, then went down to the kitchen to get something to drink real fast and let the dog out as well.

I was NOT gone that long and I was biding my time waiting for my party-mate to catch up to where I was.

To be disconnected as "afk" for that short period of time and THEN have a 45 min queue to get back in is HORRIBLE for me and HORRIBLE customer service for BW.

It is seriously not a good argument to tell us to create characters on other servers.

This would be a good solution/argument if we had no chars to begin with.

But in my case I have been playing in Tomb of Freedom Nadd since the 13th at 13:05pm CET...

Implement a grace period for disconnects and crashes to desktop already!!

Also, when I was in the game yesterday, I had regular lag spikes. It would jump from around 200 to 8000 for a few seconds (maybe 5 - 10 seconds) and then back down again.

I got it on Hydian Way server very very often. My ISP is fine, I never have any issues like that what so ever. If I play TOR for like 2 hours, all the time with ping spikes, and than jump to other game, connect with Irish server - I keep having stable ping ~70ms all the time. I go back to TOR - ping spikes still happen.

So it's obviously something with TOR servers.

On, and: unlike Dezziedc I actually do get booted out of servers on some occasions because of this. :( But it doesn't happen often. Like once each 5 hours of playtime. Although it's probably because my issue seem to be bit more serve - I get ping spikes very often, each few minutes, and they last for few (too) long moments.

Could we please have some type of grace period to log back in after a disconnect?

Had issues both in guild and in groups, if someone would disconnect for a minute they'd have to sit in a 15-20 minute que to get back in and finish the flash point or whatever they're working on.

This, but for 5-6 hours.

Got kicked out again, for the second time today. Got to play about an hour. Waiting 6hrs to get back in because the game is buggy and kicks you out is infuriating.

This better be in the patch notes for the server maintenance the 20th.

Wow 66 pages with the same problem that I am experienceing. I'm not sure if it's my isp or the server that is the problem, but I can play for about 10 mins then boom crash to desktop, really hurting my enjoyment of the game

then you have to wiat in a que again

Edited by Lordnungy

Hello Litlefoxxy,

We understand that server queues are a hot topic of discussion on the forums and that it can be a source of frustrations. We are aware of the disconnect issues and our teams are monitoring the situation. Currently there is a thread discussing this topic, located here: Server Queue after Disconnect. We will now be closing this thread to keep the forums better organized.

Thanks you for understanding.

there no discussing going on in here .... what there here is a bunch of people complains what the stupid things you guys made and don't fix

Meh... The wors thing is that I and probaby more people on popular server start getting heart attacks every time the game lagg or freez for few seconds, becasue of the fear of 2k long ques while you are in the middle of the flashpoint.

This is not what is was expecting for a game that would "Blow my mind" ;p