Server que after disconnect- grace period plz?

Vaeli

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is laughably terrible feature design. Whoever the PM responsible for this decision was should be fired. This issue alone is going to cause hundreds if not thousands of people to get fed up and quit.

I've DC'd three times today (minor hiccup with my ISP) and have had to wait over 3 hours to get back in. Of the 6-7 hours I had available to play today, I got about 2 in and I'm not about to wait another hour in queue to play for an hour before I have to go again.

Aussie playing on "The Swiftsure"

OK - so twice this morning I have waited in a queue - first time for 45 minutes, second time for around 1hr 20 minutes. Both times I have gotten to the point of log in and it says "Error - this server is unavailable". I am OK with queues at this point as I understand why we have them and that hopefully this won't be the case long term. It is just a little frustrating though to wait patiently (twice) to get into the game, only to be told at the last second that I can't get in and you have to go to the end of the queue again. If I actually get in at the end of this 3rd wait time, total wait time would be around 4hrs.

I fully expect these sorts of teething issues for launch so I know this will not be the case always. I just wanted to raise this on the forums so that it may be viewed by those working on the resolution.

Also, when I was in the game yesterday, I had regular lag spikes. It would jump from around 200 to 8000 for a few seconds (maybe 5 - 10 seconds) and then back down again. My toon would stop moving or doing anything it was doing until it dropped again. It was very consistent - so it happened probably every 15-20 minutes or so. It never booted me out, but was just very weird.

I have been waiting since 11L30am AEST and its driving me nuts

Edit: my house has never been cleaner!

Edited by Bennis

This is ridiculous! I'm fine with the fact I have to wait in queue to start playing. Once I've waited, a dc or crash shouldn't make me have to queue again. a 10min grace period would fix this. Edited by KorovaV

There is a grace period, the issue is that if your computer crashes, the grace period will elapse before you reconnect. My computer crashed twice, and the first time, i had a grace period, the second time I was SOL waiting in a 40 minute queue. Either way it really sucks.

I dc'd three times today. The first time was for about 10 seconds and I got dropped back into a 40 min queue. The second time I got back in immediately, and the third time (while in a flashpoint) I once again got dropped into a 40 min queue. Hoping this gets resolved sooner as opposed to later. I understand it's pre-launch/launch and these things happen, but this is the most important time to show customers that you are prepared to handle high-traffic times of day and that you have a system that can accommodate. I'm sure what can be done is being done, but in the meantime this is really disappointing.

It's a little disappointing that this is just pre-launch and that the servers are so full already. I was in the first wave of the second day of early access and i was so happy to get in and establish my pre-registered guild. However, now we have so much trouble just getting into the game sometimes that we aren't really finding it easy to play with each other. The game is awesome, so I'm hoping all these issues can get ironed out. Having a little faith, even if it's currently disappointing.

Game just went early access 3 days ago.....give them time all of you who complain go back to wow! we will have no ques and full servers with all of you gone

u think wow is the only game that has a grace period? uve just shown u dont play any mmo's. i didnt play wow at all. rift has queue grace period

There is a grace period, the issue is that if your computer crashes, the grace period will elapse before you reconnect. My computer crashed twice, and the first time, i had a grace period, the second time I was SOL waiting in a 40 minute queue. Either way it really sucks.

The grace period must be 5 seconds then. Because ive DCed once and manage to hop in right away with a quick click. After then when I DC its back in queue for 20 min. Provided, Ive been having net issues all day so I know it isnt Bioware's fault. The grace period factor though... yea.. lol