The Sage Exodus

OrionSol

So... with all the nerfs to healing and dps for our class...

What class are you changing to?

Personally... I will likely be spending most of my time on Commando

Because... heavy armor + decent ranged dps + good healing > light armor + nerfed heals + nerfed dps

You?

Edited by OrionSol

i wont be abandoning my sage but i may spend a bit more time with my alts which are all still at lvl10.

tbh I'm not sure my dps is going to take that much of a hit, and I've been wanting to try other specs anyway (currently hybrid) plus I've noticed my play style may be more geared towards full telekinetic anyway as I only play PvE and tend to play canon rather than a runner/DOTer.

i wont be abandoning my sage but i may spend a bit more time with my alts which are all still at lvl10.

tbh I'm not sure my dps is going to take that much of a hit, and I've been wanting to try other specs anyway (currently hybrid) plus I've noticed my play style may be more geared towards full telekinetic anyway as I only play PvE and tend to play canon rather than a runner/DOTer.

Tahts me as well.

I can't hit the hardest content on the PTR but I have messed with all the changes to the sage. I'm not fond of it at all.

It does not do what BW seems to think it should. It's not making us manage force any better or be all that much more concerned and it's not making the class fun to play with the long casting times for good heals.

So, I'm afraid I will have a main class that I no longer care for and I haven't leveled an alt high enough take take his place.

It leaves in me with a bad feeling and a very well geared class thats future is up in the air.

I'll likely play my sage less. At lvl 50, pottering around doing solo stuff is both harder and (amusingly) more difficult with a healer spec + tank companion than with a straight up DPS (not just the hybrid spec, but pretty much any that I've tried) spec and healer companion. What it will be like after 1.2 hits, I wouldn't care to consider.

More frustrating is that neither of my DPS 31pt skill really feel that powerful or worthwhile, meaning most builds don't even go that high in any tree. Having no function that we perform particularly well, let alone the best, is an unwelcome possibility to have looming over a class.

It'll will always be my main... if nothing else, there's 3 Korrealis Speeders that I won't (or will be unlikely) to have access to on any other that I character were I to switch my main. Being a collector of stuffs, that's important to me. But it's really not going to inspire me to play a great deal.

Because... heavy armor + decent ranged dps + good healing > light armor + nerfed heals + nerfed dps

You?

Did you read the patch notes for Commandos/Mercs ? Their healing tree is getting hit, hard. Both their heal output and resources are being nerfed....

The perception of Sages/Sorcs being better healers than Commando/Mercs I doubt it'll change, so people won't ditch you over them.

You?

Commandos got nerfed too in both DPS and heals; once you dont have that bubble you will find that heavy vs light armor isnt as big a difference as you think.

FYI: on PTS most decent sorc/sages arent really complaining that much. The ones that do are the bad players that rolled it and actually thought they were good.

Best analogy I have read was saying it was similar to WoWs last expansion release. Healers all of a sudden were mana starved and heals seemed to be way under powered compared to damage dealt etc. This actually translated into using CCs, having DPS watch what they are doing and being careful on pulls.

Personal experience, in our guild we had a little more than a handful on PTS and ran both ops on NM. Took a bit to get used to but finished both with only a few wipes.

As most Devs for any MMO game have stated at one point of another; if any class gets a nerf, "the sky is falling" mentality has an initial big backlash, after a few weeks most people are adjusted and doing fine; doesn't mean there still aren't going to be complainers and people that re-roll. Any time a class gets buffed, "now they are going to be even more OP" mentality takes hold; after a few weeks people have adjusted and its just another class, usually more worthwhile at this point than they were pre-buff/adjustment.

i saw this nerf comming a thousand miles away, tbh sages are OP as it is now, in every WZ i enter i never come out with less than 8 medals, i get into top 3 dps most of the times and sometimes i even have the 2nd or 3rd highest healing running along side the dps.

i could solo most of the content i lvld through with him where as my smuggler i had some issues with at times, so imo this is ok as long as they dont screw us over in all specs.

I think ill still enjoy my sages with the nerfs, but im worried about my healing trooper cause thats not a nerf, thats a freakin hammer banging the hell out of that class

Judging by WZ play last night, Marauders and Assassins. I couldn't swing a Wookie without hitting 4-5 of these per WZ.

Most of them are the same bad players that re-rolled into sorc/sage, merc/commando a month+ ago when they were considered OP.

What I find funny is how terrible most of them are. Having a 50 marauder as my main I remember leveling up and doing PvP from 10-50, even when 10-49 and 50s were mixed. I also remember even then finishing with 250k+ damage done on most WZs. I rerolled a sentinel a month ago to get onto a PST server and to see the republic story line. I have been running 10-49 PvP a lot and have the same thing, usually 200k-300k damage done on most WZs.

With the big influx of marauder/sentinels in the last week or two I have seen a lot of lvl 25-49 mara/sents finishing entire WZs with only 100k-150k damage done... all I can say is let them re-roll. Melee is hard enough with all the CC, knock backs, roots etc in this game. If a bunch of bad players want to be fodder, let them.

It becomes hilariously clear which players are bad when you know what skill animations look like and realize these players have no clue what skills to use and when. Watching someone pop rebuke/CoP when no one is hitting them or at the end of a fight is great; or the player that hits force camo instead of using LoS in a 1 on 1 situation vs a ranged class still makes me laugh. This is almost as good as the players that seem to have forgotten that they can interrupt, watching a sentinel whack away at one of our 2 healers in Hutball last night to no avail for at least 3 min straight was silly. He only interrupted one heal using stasis/choke and that was right as he was about to die, to a healer, that was also healing the group at mid AND.... wait for it, he was lvl 46! This person will be full of epic fail come lvl 50.