Best IA Companion

HavocMaster

Full Op healer here, and I'm loving SCORIPO. She's a much better tank and Kayilo IMHO. The only downside, at least on my server, is that there only 1 or 2 cybertechs that make droid parts so its a pain to gear her up. And the fact that there isn't any 50 gear that a droid can use.

One of the nice things about Scorpio (re:gear) is that she come fully kitted out with modable gear, and many of the late game (45+) companion quest rewards for the droids are also modable. The only piece she's missing a modable slot for is the sensor package, which any cybertech can make nice and cheap around level 16.

As a side note, come 1.2, those modable DROID parts cybertech can craft may be able to critical, producing an silent slot, meaning it would be entirely possible to gear her out cheaply and ferry effectively if you pick up augments now while they are cheap.

Full Op healer here, and I'm loving SCORIPO. She's a much better tank and Kayilo IMHO. The only downside, at least on my server, is that there only 1 or 2 cybertechs that make droid parts so its a pain to gear her up. And the fact that there isn't any 50 gear that a droid can use.

Go back to older zones to find mod-able droid parts. There are orange droid bits available for every single armour slot SCORPIO has, which nearly makes up for her lack of a mod-able weapon.

Go back to older zones to find mod-able droid parts. There are orange droid bits available for every single armour slot SCORPIO has, which nearly makes up for her lack of a mod-able weapon.

The parts she comes with are all modable from the start, despite being colored green instead of orange.

The sensor slot can be bought with coms from Dromund Kas, I think thats where I got mine from, its not the only planet where it can be found either.

The only annoying about modding Scorpio is not getting an orange weapon from the Bel Savis daily quest( Lights out I think its called, just guessing as I'm at work ).

I think that Doctor Lokin is a very good companion for a Sniper and as an Operative Vector is a good choice.

They're also my favorite characters in the IA story.

Lokin for my sniper, hands down. Played around with Scorpio a bit, but the good Doctor is my boy.

Bug boy sits on the ship and does gathering missions.

I am a cybertech and have used RV as my tank healer and he keeps me pretty well healed . He doesnt have a weapon of any sort but when im putting him in my own hand made superior mods he keeps me at near full health and can take a serious beating as well. I had him for the jadus fight and my health never dropped below 3/4 full. When running with friends he keeps the tank fully healed most times. Using a sniper with my engi-marksman combo it works great. Looking forward to scorpio who can do all that and more but through most of the game , aside from conversations it was the droid for any heavy combat.

Best companion I think, in my book, would have to be Kaliyo. This is very surprising, I know (especially because I'm a big LS man, closing in on Tier IV), but there's something about Kaliyo that I just like. Maybe it's her skill, she's quite good when geared up properly, or maybe it's her story role. Even though we have plenty of differences, she and my agent kind of need eachother to balance out. My man needs Kaliyo to make sure he doesn't get too idealistic and blind to common sense, while Kaliyo needs someone to make sure she doesn't go full-on psycho. It's funny, really.

Compared to Vector, I'll take Kaliyo any day. I would like very much to shoot bug-man in the face right now, but unfortunately I can't. Lokin's cool, very cool, but the whole transformation deal kind of unsettles me. Temple's also great, but I just find her blind adherance to the empire's doctrine to be a bit problematic. But SCORPIO, oh SCORPIO, what I would give to be able to have 2V jettison her out the airlock....

As a Sniper I always have Doctor Lokin accompaning me. I am Cybertech and I gave him all the good Armorings and Modifications. Same goes for the Enhancements which were made by one of my guild mateys.

Kaliyo is good Tank. If you play an operative healer, then she holds the aggro quite well.

Vector is also a decent DPS guy. I started to give him Tionese and Columni Gear and the results were surprisingly good.

Raina Temple is a good DPS Lady. She shares the same mechanic with Andronikos and Vette. Give her good Operation Gear and watch her nailing one foe after another.

Scorpio is a hell of a tank, when you give her proper gear.

and of course good old Doctor Lokin.... what else is there to say? He saved my blue skin more than a player healer ever did...