Immune to buffing

Harukaze

Has anybody in Bioware ever explained why they made players immune to being buffed while in a cutscene? I mean, it's not like your endurance affects the outcome of the conversation.

I see players, I tend to try to buff them. To me, it's the polite thing to do in an MMO. But because of how large worlds can be and how many people are on any given world, the most likely place to find them is near mission givers. Which means most of the time, I simply can't buff them. I can't quite fathom *why* though.

Too much of a hassle to isolate buffs with the debuffs category. The reason why you can't buff people in conversation is the same thing that keeps you from being ganked on PvP worlds while in a conversation.

Lol, was thinking the exact same thing yesterday as I always buff people. It also annoys me our buffs have a CD outside the GCD... Why?! I sometimes follow people just so I can be nice and buff them while waiting for the CD >_>

Too much of a hassle to isolate buffs with the debuffs category. The reason why you can't buff people in conversation is the same thing that keeps you from being ganked on PvP worlds while in a conversation.

I'm not sure I follow how this is "hard" to differentiate. They're hugely different categories.

They're immune to everything while in a conversation. They can't draw aggro from mobs, as far as I know they can't be attacked by other players, they have no interaction with the rest of the in-game world. Being immune to buffs is just part of that.

I'm not sure I follow how this is "hard" to differentiate. They're hugely different categories.

Why complicate the code for a trivial rare action. Much easier to simply disallow everything if talking to a npc.

They're immune to everything while in a conversation. They can't draw aggro from mobs, as far as I know they can't be attacked by other players, they have no interaction with the rest of the in-game world. Being immune to buffs is just part of that.

yep, when I played AOC on a pvp server I would talking to an npc then all the sudden fall over dead when some no skill high level player would one shot my lowbie when I was taking a quest, but I was evil and logged on my high level toon hunted them down and killed them several times for revenge (insert evil laugh), most of the time they were stupid enough to be in the same area, killing other lowbies LOL... so in way being immune while you takes quests is a good thing, at least you won't get ganked until you finished..LOL