level 400 crafting. why are things still yellow and orange??

Jhayden

hi guys, hoping you can help me out here.

I have gotten my artifice crafting to 400 but im still seeing certain hilts, enhancements, and crystals in orange and yellow difficulty? what is the best practice for reverse engineering these items for the higher versions of them (prototype,artifact)

To be honest... don't bother except with enhancements.

You can get artifact-quality hilts from daily commendations.

You can, currently, buy crystals better than any you can craft from the Geologist on the fleet. (That vendor's going away in 1.2, but you can buy them for now)

You can also purchase purple-quality crystal schematics from that vendor.

Only thing you can't get are enhancements, which you can get through the heroics on Ilum.. but .. helps to be able to craft and tailor-make your own.

Because they're close to level 400. I don't think that actually means anything for crafting skills, so you can ignore it.

1. so you can have a market for your color crystals again.

2. Err... Click RE button, right click item. It's not even clear if being green actually affects the RE chance or not, especially post 1.2, if that's what you're worried about.

Edited by KorinHyvek

1. why is that vendor going away in 1.2?

2. just so i know though, what is the best way to reverse engineer those items if i wanted to bring them to there next levels?

The vendor's going away because the vendor is basically a credit sink. It's got white, cyan, purple, and magenta crystals available, and only at costs designed to pull money out of the marketplace - unless you want a common colour.

Apparently, all of those crystals will become craftable in 1.2 except the white. Furthermore, I've heard rumours of 1.2 having a crafting cap of 450 instead of 400.. not sure if that's the case though.

My suggestion would be to RE enhancements with combinations which are not available from Ilum dailies.

A good example would be Power/Surge, which most healers prefer over Crit/Surge or Power/Alacrity.