Give us back BM mods in 1.2

Niconogood

BW,

I hope you realize that most serious PvP players have removed the useless alacrity/accuracy mods from their BM gear and replaced these with champ power/surge/crit mods.

As I understand it these will not get updated with 1.2 thus effectively ruining the gear. I have full sets of DpS and healing gear that would be rendered useless with this patch.

I hope you take steps to remedy this. Sitting on 75 valor I have very little interest to do all that grind again, while being geared like a noob and getting slaughered accordingly. I would obviously also not be able to compete in ranked PvP without competetive gear to get war hero gear.

Thus, given the new circumstances you need to give us back the mods that were removed.

If this is not adressed it would force me and a lot of players in a similiar situation to quit the game.

Waiting for feedback.

Edited by Niconogood

I kept the mods, but only in case they made the stats on them better somehow.

They should simply put a vendor in 1.2 who can trade the old battlemaster gear for new battlemaster gear, or refund it for its cost in commendations. Fixed, no hassle, no complaints.

Simple, effective.

But they just never take suggestions or listen to feedback so whatever.

Let's just keep doing things in ridiculous ways that make players complain.

Honestly, just spam tickets and tie up their GMs' time asking for the gear to be changed to the new BM gear.

Keep spamming tickets until they do, unsubscribe if they don't.

Everyone does this, and you can bet they will have to find a solution.

Edited by Redmarx

I did, but now I have several pieces of BM gear and several mods in my bank.

How am I supposed to know what mods belong to what pieces of BM gear???:eek:

You can always go to the vendor and look what stats there are on the original gear.

And from there put the mods in accordingly.

You can always go to the vendor and look what stats there are on the original gear.

And from there put the mods in accordingly.

Yeah but some pieces, lets say pants and jacket have the same enhancements, does it matter if those get swapped? does the enhancement have to go to the exact original piece of gear?

Thats my issue

EDIT: also, in the case of my scoundrel, I will be stuck with a bunch of useless acuraccy again, its a lose/lose situation :/

Edited by ChazDoit

No you changed the enhancements not the mods (if you removed the accuracy and alacrity), the fact that you don't know the difference is worrying. Looking at the pictures I have seen of the new gear the enhancements stayed the same the mods and armouring changed (i could be wrong I haven't been on the ptr myself). My understanding is if you only changed enhancements then the mods and armouring will update but the enhancements you changed will stay the same, in which case you will not have a problem.

ntm the crap accuracy mods that I pulled from my BM gear have the exact same name as the crap accuracy mods I pulled out my rakata....how the hell are they going to upgrade the right ones with expertise if they have the same name...likely only the actual unchanged gear will change and the rest of us will get screwed.

No you changed the enhancements not the mods (if you removed the accuracy and alacrity), the fact that you don't know the difference is worrying. Looking at the pictures I have seen of the new gear the enhancements stayed the same the mods and armouring changed (i could be wrong I haven't been on the ptr myself). My understanding is if you only changed enhancements then the mods and armouring will update but the enhancements you changed will stay the same, in which case you will not have a problem.

I used the word "mods" as a short form of "item modifications", but you people get the idea. I swapped enhancements, I dont recall actually swapping Mods.

I used the word "mods" as a short form of "item modifications", but you people get the idea. I swapped enhancements, I dont recall actually swapping Mods.

I think the distinction is quite important because the mods and armouring is what contains the expertise stat (you couldn't remove the armouring so forget about that), but if you removed the mods (not sure why you would have) then when the gear updates you have a problem.

I don't think the enhancements in the new BM gear will change when 1.2 hits though i stand corrected on this point.

I think the distinction is quite important because the mods and armouring is what contains the expertise stat (you couldn't remove the armouring so forget about that), but if you removed the mods (not sure why you would have) then when the gear updates you have a problem.

I don't think the enhancements in the new BM gear will change when 1.2 hits though i stand corrected on this point.

For guardians enhancements will change according to some screens I've seen.

In this thread it's basically the same about Rakata gear:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=370385&page=9

"Georg,

Hopefully you will see this and respond, but will this update require the exact mods that were in the armor, or just the same type? Reason I am asking is because I have multiple copies of the same mod and enhancement, and I have no way of telling which exact mod/enhancement came from which exact piece of armor."

Answer:

"Same type. "

Edited by Zocat

ntm the crap accuracy mods that I pulled from my BM gear have the exact same name as the crap accuracy mods I pulled out my rakata....how the hell are they going to upgrade the right ones with expertise if they have the same name...likely only the actual unchanged gear will change and the rest of us will get screwed.

Answer to this and the person asking about swapping the exact same mods in the pants and chest: The mods are the things getting the upgrades, not the item itself. You cannot code the "shell" known as "Battlemaster Supercommando Chest" to have upgraded +shield mods. Otherwise, no matter what mods you had in there, even no mod, the piece in your inventory would be overwritten with the new mod known as "Shield Mod 25".

Instead, I believe they are recoding the existing mod (forget the real name) "Awful Mod 25" to remove the accuracy and add shield stat for it to become "Shield Mod 25". Not being a dev, I can't say that's for certain how it's being done, but it makes the most logical sense to me of what is going on behind the scenes.

With that, I would think that if you kept the mods in your inventory, they would change in 1.2 to the upgraded ones without having to be put back in. But I haven't heard a definite dev answer to that, and sure would appreciate one...

Edited by MrIrrelevant

I did, but now I have several pieces of BM gear and several mods in my bank.

How am I supposed to know what mods belong to what pieces of BM gear???:eek:

Do what i did, search for a site that tells you exactly what mods come in certain parts and put them back in.