New Players: Unless you are making a healer, the only choice is Shadow/Assassin.

Asphen

Just putting the word out for the new players:

Unless you intent is to heal for raids or warzones, the only class to play is the Jedi Shadow or the Sith Assassin.

They have more skills than every other class, the hardest the kill, and deal the most damage, the best crowd control, and the best utility which includes speed and stealth.

Don't use logic in thinking they they 'have so much, they must only be average', because it is not true. they have everything, and they do everything the best.

Heads up to the New Players. Listen or not, I'm at peace telling ya'll.

Unless you intent is to heal for raids or warzones, the only class to play is the Jedi Shadow or the Sith Assassin.

Unless you want to play a smuggler who has a wookie for a companion.

Or a kick-arse trooper with heavy armour and big guns.

Or a Jedi.

Or maybe a Bounty Hunter like Boba-Fett.

Obviously the choice of class to play doesn't just come to down flavour of the month "OMG I p4wnz u l4m3rz!!!1!!".

So, new players, play whatever the heck you want and ignore idiots telling you that you are wrong for choosing such-and-such a class/advanced class.

Classes and advanced classes will always change with time, and todays UberLeetIWinButton will be tomorrows nerf-bat fodder.

Just saying.

Unless you want to play a smuggler who has a wookie for a companion.

Or a kick-arse trooper with heavy armour and big guns.

Or a Jedi.

Or maybe a Bounty Hunter like Boba-Fett.

Obviously the choice of class to play doesn't just come to down flavour of the month "OMG I p4wnz u l4m3rz!!!1!!".

So, new players, play whatever the heck you want and ignore idiots telling you that you are wrong for choosing such-and-such a class/advanced class.

Classes and advanced classes will always change with time, and todays UberLeetIWinButton will be tomorrows nerf-bat fodder.

Just saying.

Well said sir. Band-wagons should be for musical instruments only!

Some truth. I play both Sage and Guardian.

Ranked well when I play Sage with good kill, damage and heal amount. You stay in a corner healing, throw shield or throwing stones.

Ranked poor when I play Guardian. You help the group by going in and take damage.

As for PVE questing, Guardian in Soresu is easy mode, compared to Sage. Taking out quest boss is a lot easier.

Let those players pick and choose for themselves. Just because you are not happy with the way the other classes rank in pvp does not mean others wont like them and find ways to play them better than you have.

They have more skills than every other class, the hardest the kill, and deal the most damage, the best crowd control, and the best utility which includes speed and stealth.

Don't use logic in thinking they they 'have so much, they must only be average', because it is not true. they have everything, and they do everything the best.

Ok so your class gets *nerfed* and now you are making it your personal goal in life to get the one class that is perfectly balanced nerfed? Grow up man I mean seriously.

If this class was so OP all you would see is Shadow/Assassins when all i see are troopers/BH's and Mara/Sents.......

You want OP wait till 1.2 when Mara/Sents will be faceroll.

you forgot to add that they have an uninterruptible self heal

'Just putting the word out for the new players:

Unless you intent is to heal for raids or warzones, the only class to play is the [insert class name for whatever facerolls me because I'm such a baddie]

Heads up to the New Players. Listen or not, I'm at peace telling ya'll.'

There fixed it for you!

If it is true that a particular class is OP (over-powered) I am extremely confident that it is only a matter of time before it will get nerfed.

If it is true that a particular class is UP (under-powered) I am extremely confident that it is only a matter of time before it will get buffed.

If a class you think is OP is consistently not getting nerfed which do you think is more likely?

A) The developers are clueless, oblivious, or all of them are playing that class and don't want it nerfed.

B) Your perceptions of OP'ness are wrong and if that class is beating you in PvP it is either by design (rock beats scissors beats paper beats rock) or because you are bad.

Ever notice how anytime anyone speaks the truth they get a huge amount of hate directed at them...

just sayin

I spoke truth and got no hate, so no - didn't notice it.

Remember OP was given as hard and fast fact - ONLY choice is [insert class here]. Which is obviously just rubbish. There are many reasons for choosing a class and not everyone is interested in playing the FOTM, because they know that FOTM is a moving target. Disguising a rant as advice for new players is pretty lame.

Just saying. Again.

edit: just noticed this post isn't in the "new player help" forum anymore, which is where it was originally posted too.

Edited by shama

The strategy BIOWARE is using, is what WOW has being doing for the last 7.5 years and that is keeping the right amount of people happy so subscription maintains, creating a bit of drama with classes to ensure subscription to the right people is required for these MMOs.

If everything is balanced the MMO will die off.

1.2 will be their first test of Pissing people off and making the right subscriptions happy for a while until the next change comes based on financial needs.

The game "balance" is only reached by financial reasons and NOT FOR THE SAKE OF TRUE GAME BALANCING.

If it is true that a particular class is OP (over-powered) I am extremely confident that it is only a matter of time before it will get nerfed.

If it is true that a particular class is UP (under-powered) I am extremely confident that it is only a matter of time before it will get buffed.

If a class you think is OP is consistently not getting nerfed which do you think is more likely?

A) The developers are clueless, oblivious, or all of them are playing that class and don't want it nerfed.

B) Your perceptions of OP'ness are wrong and if that class is beating you in PvP it is either by design (rock beats scissors beats paper beats rock) or because you are bad.

You obviously never played WAR.

The strategy BIOWARE is using, is what WOW has being doing for the last 7.5 years and that is keeping the right amount of people happy so subscription maintains, creating a bit of drama with classes to ensure subscription to the right people is required for these MMOs.

If everything is balanced the MMO will die off.

1.2 will be their first test of Pissing people off and making the right subscriptions happy for a while until the next change comes based on financial needs.

The game "balance" is only reached by financial reasons and NOT FOR THE SAKE OF TRUE GAME BALANCING.

Can you tell me where you purchased that tinfoil hat? I'd like a couple.

Heh. I'm guessing OP has never actually played or played with one.

Tank Shadow/Assassins usually win 1v1s in the end and put out lots of damage over the course of a WZ, but good luck bursting down a good healer or killing that pesky defender before he calls in the cavalry...