Transmogrify OR high level Mods

Vladnar

Cor, the high level Inquisitor gear really does look terrible.

If you dislike the whole black hood look then you'll be laughing with Dynasty style 80's shouders or perhaps the pvp totally mad fat chicken look is more your style.

If you aren't keen on wow's latest transmogrify suggestion and you like the idea of mods etc THEN how about allowing the high level pve and pvp vendors to sell suitable mods that will allow you to alter your gear to that equal extent....hell, id even have less stats if it means i can look good.

Thankyou

Vlad

ps, not moaning as love the game, just want to look very good at all times....especially when trying to get the very best gear.

Um in 1.2 you'll be able to customize the way you want to look with orange items. You'll still have to earn your mods through pvp/pve by pulling them out of those pieces though.

Hell I do this now because my 4 piece is basically worthless.

Edited by Nessirin

Yeah, good luck with that. Prices for removing mods is a necessary money sink, and it will not go away.

It's not really about the money. It's about selecting the mods you actually want when you get your gear. You know, being able to customize your customizable gear. I know that sounds crazy. I would have no issue with a cost slapped in there, rather than having to hunt down the mods I want, if they even exist at higher levels.

It's not really about the money. It's about selecting the mods you actually want when you get your gear. You know, being able to customize your customizable gear. I know that sounds crazy. I would have no issue with a cost slapped in there, rather than having to hunt down the mods I want, if they even exist at higher levels.

the hunt is the carrot on the stick imo

optimization, true optimization shouldn't just be given with stock gear. it should be added as you grind for the individual pieces

Yeah, good luck with that. Prices for removing mods is a necessary money sink, and it will not go away.

That's actually a misconception. Money sinks are only necessary when there's too much money available in the first place, which is a game design issue (basically one of overly inflated quest monetary rewards and correspondingly overly inflated acquisition prices, compounded by the overall endgame design that litterally clutters the game maps with daily quests, which are both abysmally boring and economically stupid).

the hunt is the carrot on the stick imo

optimization, true optimization shouldn't just be given with stock gear. it should be added as you grind for the individual pieces

YEet bioware tries to reoptimize the stock gear and messes up that system. Also there are more options for itemization with level 49 enhancements than there are above that. We lose customization choices as we progress? that makes 0 sense. Not to mention grinding for a piece of gear only to toss 70% of it in the trash because you only need 1 mod from it. Sounds like a sloppy and unfinished system to me.

When I first heard of orange gear that can be modded from level 1 to level 50, and still remain relevant, I was very excited. Those items sounded very neat. The idea of me modding a sentimental item all the way to end-game appealed to me.

When I played the game, there are actually orange gear everywhere. The novelty of moddable gear is now diluted, because I was expecting them to be rarer than this, but I can live with it.

I think they should stay with this orange gear. Don't copy WoW's appearance tab. This is something unique that SW:TOR has.

I am just worried because in the end, non-moddable gear cannot compete with moddable gear. There is no reason to use blue gear when modded gear is more flexible and superior.

If you dislike the whole black hood look then you'll be laughing with Dynasty style 80's shouders or perhaps the pvp totally mad fat chicken look is more your style.

If you aren't keen on wow's latest transmogrify suggestion and you like the idea of mods etc THEN how about allowing the high level pve and pvp vendors to sell suitable mods that will allow you to alter your gear to that equal extent....hell, id even have less stats if it means i can look good.

Thankyou

Vlad

ps, not moaning as love the game, just want to look very good at all times....especially when trying to get the very best gear.

Transmo is a lot older than wow and most games actually call it for what it is: An Appearance Tab. WoW just wanted to make it seem more special with a special name, and the whole system sucks just because of that ;-)

PS. color to chestpiece combined with orange moddable gear being viable for endgame is a much better implementation of personal customization than appearance tabs are.

Edited by Devlonir

Thankyou

Vlad

try reading patch notes? was revealed awhile ago but, soon be able to remove the mods in your epic gear and put in what ever gear you want... has been planned for months now i believe in 1.2 we'll actually get the feature! SOOO yes we can finally look how we want!

though seriously who is designing the sets they look horrible x,x not starwarsy at all feel like something out of some bad anime...