New Huttball Arena please!

Bestrafe

Huttball is by far the best warzone/bg implemented in an MMO in a very long time! Im amazed by all the Huttball hate around here.

IMO Bioware need to release a new map for Huttball, keep the same rules/game dynamics!

Huttball is BY FAR the best WZ implemented on any MMO, and BW should seriously consider another one with a similar ruleset. Give your developer who made Huttball a big raise. And get him working on the next one. :)

Why do people hate Huttball? Is it because you can't have a zerg-fest and win? Is it because you need to add two brain cells together to form a plan and strategy then use the third braincell to execute it? Or perhaps because you need to map and include a second (god forbid a third!!!) key to your zerg-rotation in order to pass the Huttball?

BW - you need to spend less time listening to QQ on the forums and more time making more Huttball-esque WZ's!! :)

Huttball is BY FAR the best WZ implemented on any MMO, and BW should seriously consider another one with a similar ruleset. Give your developer who made Huttball a big raise. And get him working on the next one. :)

Why do people hate Huttball? Is it because you can't have a zerg-fest and win? Is it because you need to add two brain cells together to form a plan and strategy then use the third braincell to execute it? Or perhaps because you need to map and include a second (god forbid a third!!!) key to your zerg-rotation in order to pass the Huttball?

BW - you need to spend less time listening to QQ on the forums and more time making more Huttball-esque WZ's!! :)

Does it matter why people hate it? Im all for them adding it for the people who want to play it. Just let those of us who dont want to be involved with it the option to opt out of it. After that you guys can force run/leap/pull/push and knockback people off the ramps to your hearts content. Heck I would pay in game money for viewing it as well watching force users do a circle jerk with each other would be its own reward.

I think they should make a fresh hutball arena or like a rollerball type of match , but then seperate it into its own ranked area ,

It has its own type of play style that differs from the more traditional Alderan or voidstar maps

My own oppinion i do not like it and cant wait for the option not to play it ,

this would be awesome

i really think that bioware needs to add a debuff to the ball carrier preventing pull/leap/knockback/etc. this is one of the biggest sticking points for a lot of players, and preventing movement enhancing abilities from use on the ball carrier further highlights the necessity for good communication and team play that huttball is all about

Huttball is by far the best warzone/bg implemented in an MMO in a very long time! Im amazed by all the Huttball hate around here.

IMO Bioware need to release a new map for Huttball, keep the same rules/game dynamics!

Some reasons for Huttball hate:

1. Some people don't like it

2. It favors force users (the actual ball game that is)

3. The side with more players has to play it all the time

Personally I like it a lot and it's the most fun map, but I have to say that being a sniper and imp it gets tedious sometimes. Can't play ball, 4/5 wz matches are huttball. On the other hand, it's also the most versatile map for a sniper imo and you can really work the narrow catwalks, hight differences and fires to your advantage.

Edited by Krystaf

gimme new hutball map!!! AND I WANT IT NOW!!!

more random hazard should be introduced... not just dmg but stun slow root mez too.

some mechanic to port ball carrier but requires 3 person to click.

make it 16 vs 16!!

p/s i want to enter as spectator and allows betting.

Edited by rolotomasi

I'm a Commando Combat Medic and I think my class/spec is one of the worst(or not one of the best) for play huttball, but i love it with my bros Vanguard shield spec we win many games with coordination, speed and know-how.

Often people that hate Huttball are soloer or non-force user that play very bad because "it's favor to force-user".

I can understand the hate only for people that hate it for the join rate for overpopulated fatcion.I'm republic and do not have this problem.

Edited by Kevann

Huttball is horrible. How you can ask for more of it is beyond me.

Stun, stun, stun, stun, stun... slow, slow, slow, slow....

Stuns and slows only work in huttball.

Stoopid sploiters finding ways to use them in other WZs! Ban dem all!

I like Huttball and also think it's the best Wz/Bg in any MMORPG. And yeah Huttball even have more potential if BW wants to improve it;

- New Arenas like OP mentioned.

- Creating your teams and choosing your logos.

- Some League or Cups like Weekend Cup. My idea for Weekend Cup; all teams must play at least 50 games to have a chance winning the cup. The team have the best winning rate wins the cup, if 2-3 teams have same winning rate best goal avarage or fastest finisher when comes to playing time wins the cup.

There can be a board at the fleet to see the teams playing in the Weekend Cup. And it shows scores, winning rates, best scoring players etc and finally winner of the Weekend Cup.

Winner of the Cup gets a Cup working like Party Bomb, Rhythm droid for a week only. It can be some Twileks ladies dancing around a cup after Baron Deathmark anounces the Winner of the Cup etc. And there can be also flares, music can be from Episode IV medals giving by Leia scene music etc.

Too many potential really.

Edited by Jieljak

I'm a Commando Combat Medic and I think my class/spec is one of the worst(or not one of the best) for play huttball, but i love it with my bros Vanguard shield spec we win many games with coordination, speed and know-how.

Often people that hate Huttball are soloer or non-force user that play very bad because "it's favor to force-user".

I can understand the hate only for people that hate it for the join rate for overpopulated fatcion.I'm republic and do not have this problem.

I enjoy it plenty on my commando. I can heal people so easily from the catwalks. Very few classes can reach me up there, and the ones that leap to me I can instantly knock them back down.

I agree. Similar to Huttball but with a fresh design. I'd love a capture the flag version of Huttball with both teams having to get past the other side's defenders, grap the flag, then fight all the way back to their side. A real meat grind of a defense game with cooperative surges necessary to push through.

:cool::cool::cool:

Yes! Let's Play Huttball!

I'd really like the see different maps for huttball, possibly different traps and obstacles. Go crazy with it, Since huttball is very unique in a pvp setting(compared to other MMOs) you can't really go too wrong creatively. Add conveyers, crushers, cannons, bouncers, multidirection vents, and switches if you like. Maybe even let us kick the ball!