Duel area at the fleet or a third level at the fleet for a massive duel area

woahdude

Then you obviously did not play wow for long and didnt read the forums. Most nerfs especially in vanilla wow came as a direct result of 1 or 2 classes owning peeps in 1 on 1 duels. Ex: warlocks and rogues!

Pretty sure World of Roguecraft had more to do with rogue nerfs in vanilla.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/bump! Please Bioware this is a major thing missing

Can't tell you the sometimes hours I spent dueling in orgrimmars gate :\

Make it so its duel-able in the interfleet transport no need for a new entire level...

Oh, it needs its own level, with it's own general chat. Saves the rest of us the headache.

A neutral place would be the best so we can have reb - imp duels

I've done this on Ilum a few times. : )

I've found that most of the good PvPers are on Republic side (on my server), so it's nice to duel them from time to time.

Personally I don't duel or 1v1, I prefer to keep my PVP in the WZs. But since it's an optional thing for FUN ONLY (not for gear, credits, etc), I'll support it!

Especially if it will keep people from dancing or hopping speeders around all day long!

/sign

Just remember what they always say: "be careful what you wish for".. I can already see the forums after they add a dueling level: "players are exploiting others" or "_____ class is so OP, they kill everyone in duels, please nerf them".

I myself don't care either way, but people always find a way to screw something up. Or worse, BW might not make it good enough for you ;)

/signed.

This idea is great because it requires comparatively little effort to create. Bioware could just make a large room in the fleet (perhaps one of the two ships and not on the station) where duels are allowed, or they could go full on and create an actual arena with betting, obstacles, power-ups, etc.

I'd be fine with it either way.

Personally I don't duel or 1v1, I prefer to keep my PVP in the WZs. But since it's an optional thing for FUN ONLY (not for gear, credits, etc), I'll support it!

Especially if it will keep people from dancing or hopping speeders around all day long!

/sign

Just remember what they always say: "be careful what you wish for".. I can already see the forums after they add a dueling level: "players are exploiting others" or "_____ class is so OP, they kill everyone in duels, please nerf them".

I myself don't care either way, but people always find a way to screw something up. Or worse, BW might not make it good enough for you ;)

I suppose there's always Murphy's Law, but I don't recall anyone ever once complaining about Duelotar back on the WoW forums.

This is basically what people want, a place to hang out, duel, and talk PvP shop w/ other PvPers where they won't bother the PvE crowd. Or vice-versa. : )

I suppose there's always Murphy's Law, but I don't recall anyone ever once complaining about Duelotar back on the WoW forums.

This is basically what people want, a place to hang out, duel, and talk PvP shop w/ other PvPers where they won't bother the PvE crowd. Or vice-versa. : )

Oh I agree, that's why I threw in my lil "/sign". I'm just saying we've all seen some of the ridiculous / outrageous post people put on the forum LOL!

As long as there is no lag, which there shouldn't be if there is another level, then cool. But the folks already dreaming big, will be disappointed because then they'll say "it takes so long to go to the dueling area BW!" or "If I wanted to travel to a planet, I'd just fly to Ilum!".

They should just make it a 3rd floor option on the elevators. You fly from getting your dailys, queue up, fly to the elevators, got to the basement, fight club it out, then spawn into a WZ, rinse and repeat.

Even from a "programming" standpoint they could "link" this new basement level to be the SAME level for the Republic and Imp stations. Storywise you'd have to suspend disbelief (factions int he same station), but like another poster said "treat it as an underground fight club".

I haven't read through the 10 pages of posts so apologizes if this has been brought up before. But it would be great to not only have this dueling area but also a team duel area (with a spot for spectators). Maybe 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, something like that, arena style. Make them ranked. This could create a new lvl of strategy, maybe tourneys down the line. Also, it would be something fun (and potentially worth while) to do between WZs.

bw add a duel area for us at the fleet or a third level below the fleet

make it a gladiator area

ppl talk smack and never duel it out - ppl claim its a waste to fly to planets - help us cut the noob smack talk

you could even implement sometype of 1 v 1 duel area where players sign in and other players can bet on players - (could be exploited if players set up fights like they do in real sports and boxing)

all players that want a fleet duel area /sign or /support this

also one more thing ( you could even set up 2 v 2 through 8 v 8 duels / battles )

lets do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its on

im glad you all agree keep it up ! We will get noticed!!