Is this an MMO?

Braaaiins

That's what i'm hearing a lot of... I don't know how relative it is but honestly it's a really SCARY topic, since I got this game thinking it would be just that :) not just an RPG with multiplayer capabilities..

it's a mmo, it's massive, it's multiplayer and it's online, but I do feel it's alot stronger in the RPG part then the MMO part, partly due to the instanced zones, the linearity and singelplayer focus on your class quests and the lack of any open world objectives that work (including dungeons in the wild, heroic 2 and 4 dont count, common quest zones, less instancing outside your class quest etc).

it's a mmo, it's massive, it's multiplayer and it's online, but I do feel it's alot stronger in the RPG part then the MMO part, partly due to the instanced zones, the linearity and singelplayer focus on your class quests and the lack of any open world objectives that work (including dungeons in the wild, heroic 2 and 4 dont count, common quest zones, less instancing outside your class quest etc).

Heroic 4/2's count just fine bio-wear can't force people to group up. A LFG system would make it better for all the whiners but yeah, some of us have actual friends we play with. Also as for class quest you CAN do them with others.

Edited by vsalcedo

Games fun get some friends, run some 8/16 mans. Do some pvp, work on your daily stuff. It's no different then any other mmo of today except its got great story. Those of you bored need to move onto other things.

/agree, I read complaints about end game, same thing here at end game, as there is to do in any other mmo out there.. The game is what you make it, I have three level 50's I always have something to do, hang with my online friends, do what social games were ment to be social.. /shrug

it's a mmo, it's massive, it's multiplayer and it's online, but I do feel it's alot stronger in the RPG part then the MMO part, partly due to the instanced zones, the linearity and singelplayer focus on your class quests and the lack of any open world objectives that work, .

kinda feel that way...

just an RPG with multiplayer capabilities..

What?

I've never grouped as much in any other MMO than I have in TOR, especially in the leveling game. More than I did in EQ, though I only played that for 6 months. Forced grouping is worse than "multiplayer capabilities", but TOR has far more than just capabilities. There's at least one Heroic mission in each area. There's a flashpoint after every planet. There's PvP. There's Operations. There's guild support, which they plan to expand. There's plenty of multiplayer outlets.

The issue isn't the lack of content, it's the lack of people on the low population servers. People are too spread out, so the group content just gets skipped over. Adding to the problem, many don't even bother looking for groups. It's assumed it will be a hassle, given the common sentiment, and they don't even bother trying to form a group. Some servers are alright. Some are terrible. That needs to be addressed. That, along with a better LFG system (not necessarily xserver LFD) would go a long way to facilitate grouping. It's already incentivize. It has unique mechanics and content (most of it). There's plenty there. It's just a pita for a lot of people. It needs to not be a pita.

Edited by princey

I'll jump in before the Doom Brigade wake up. :D

Yes I think it is! And it's a good thing that it puts a bit of RPG into MMORPG. It's your choice how much to group, play with rl friends, join a guild - and that's what adds the MMO part. Chose not to and that's fine too you still have a playable game.