How to roll into lvl 50 pvp and not get roflstomped.

Subatomix

I suspected this strategy might work as I was leveling up, and as of last week I was able to confirm. Not sure if this has been posted in other threads.

1. Get orange gear asap. Keep a specific set for pvp which you will build with the guidelines below. You can buy quite a bit at lvl 40 if you like from the pvp gear vendor.

2. Outfit the gear with the best possible armor, mods, and enhancements that you can. Of course the same goes for earpieces, implants and offhand.

If you've got the Cybertech crafting skill, you'll be all set for much of the above (minus implants of course).

3. Do as much pvp as you can to get wz coms. At around lvl 40 (I think) you can start purchasing pvp weapons from the pvp weapon vendor (right next to the pvp quest terminal). Use the following logic.

4. Every time you save up around 580 or so wz coms you can purchase a pvp weapon.

Scroll through the ones for sale and pick one with stats you want, especially ones with the highest level of expertise you can get at your level (every couple of levels you can get weapons with better +expertise).

5. Rip out the Enhancement from the weapon and put it into your gear. By the time you hit level 50, you can have +25 expertise on up to six items. With level 50 purple mods and armor, you'll also have better stats than Champion pvp gear.

6. When you ding level 50, you can then purchase new earpieces, implants and other gear (which presumably you don't have such good version of) that have additional expertise.

You will immediately be viable in pvp and not suffer from the dreaded "gear gap" that so many people have been complaining about.

In a very short time, you'll be above 500 expertise along with great stats. Then you can pick and choose what Centurion, Champion and shortly Battlemaster gear you want.

7. Now, you can also buy +expertise gems at level 50 which help even more.

That's it.

I have no idea why so many people have been complaining about hitting level 50 and getting roflstomped. This seemed like a no brainer to me.

Enjoy, I surely have been.

PS. There's are some added bonuses to this method. You won't look like everyone else i the wz. In fact, it allows you to create a custom look you enjoy. Some people will think that means you have lame gear and try to pick on you. You will surprise them.

Also, you'll be in better shape for patch 1.2 where you can apparently rip out even mroe mods from pvp gear and put them into your snazzy looking gear.

Most people get ROTFLstompped in post50 warzones because they stroll into the warzone in greens like they had on in the pre50 warzones. Guess what? That's not gonna cut it.

Get idea about the enhancements from the PvP weapons by the way.

Its weird to me that people wear greens at all in pvp. Ever. But anyway. I basically used the same method and was running around in trooper armor with 66 expertise on my guardian pre level forty. I actually bought the expertise weapons in my early 30s and saw no reason not to start using the mods.

Soon as i hit 50 i bought cent implants/earring/belt and a champ shield bringing me up to 268 expertise. Not bad for fresh 50. My HP is still lol though.

Most people get ROTFLstompped in post50 warzones because they stroll into the warzone in greens like they had on in the pre50 warzones. Guess what? That's not gonna cut it.

Get idea about the enhancements from the PvP weapons by the way.

This. I bought at the very least level 49 epics from the auction house (or would the very least be 50 blues?). In fact, I still have 49 epic implants :D I'll replace them first thing I hit BM since I'll gimp my crit and surge horribly if I replace them with champ.

I for one learned valuable lessons about how to play in PVP during my roflstomp period after turning 50. I definitely don't recommend it to everyone of course, but it made me a better player. :D

LOL, that's the school of hard knocks. Most people don't stand back up and say "Hmm, next time I'll do this"..... most people say "QQ, QQ, QQ, nerf, nerf, nerf, QQ, QQ, QQ".

If you have 6 Champion bags when you hit 50 you'll be fine without doing anything else. Use your Champion commendations to buy relic and then offhand. Use Centurion to buy the cheapest stuff first for either Expertise or Set bonus. That said even a full Centurion geared character can get steamrolled by a BM character, so expect some degree of pain until you can get more Champion stuff.

If you have a bunch of PvE gear you can sometime intimidate well geared but relatively weak players to leave you alone since people estimate your gear level by looking at your HPs and your HP will make you appear as if you're Champion range character even though you're not. That said it won't fool anyone who is well geared and actually good (they'll just kill anyone they see) and you're probably still weaker than someone with a mix of Centurion/Champion so I don't think it's particularly worth the effort given how easy it is to get a mix of Centurion/Champion.