Zen vs. Transcendence?

SweetOldBob

My server is high pop and balanced 45/55 imp favor. about 5 minute waiting time for WZ in pre-made and 1 to 2 minutes solo queue.

Good server and nice people. We lack good Sentinels. We have tons of high damage sentinels but none that I consider efficient and team worthy.

You're welcome on Gauntlet of Kressh. We're one of the fastest-growing light/standard pop servers. Plus, we need more quality sentinels and DPS in general.

Took a quick peek this morning...it's West Coast :eek:

Normally I wouldn't care much in games with huge populations, but SWTOR isn't quite so robust. How's the actual population in terms of West vs East time zones...I know that's a wing and a prayer type question, but it can't hurt to ask!

Zag...not sure what server you are refering to.

PVP in this game right now is about teams, Zen is extremely important but context has to govern your decisions.

At the start of Huttball/Alderaan you should be using Transcendence. Every time your team is moving from node to node in Alderaan you should be using transcendence, and think ahead as you're mopping up on defense to save your 30 stacks and not pop Zen on the last guy to drop, and save it for boosting your team to get to the next defense location.

Every time you break through a door in Voidstar, you should also be saving Centering stacks to speed boost the team ahead, it makes Voidstar matches go ridiculously fast, even when facing good defenders if they have no way of keeping up. I always try to remember to save my Centering once a bomb is planted, or build up stacks quickly before it goes off so I can speed boost my team through.

You should be using Inspiration every time it's up, and you're in a big group v group scenario, it does help your team immensely.

Otherwise, always use Zen.

Like most advanced ability use in MMORPG's for any class, you should be using your abilities on a situational/priority queuing basis rather than a memorized rotation. Rotations will only get you so far, and only work in a perfect world, and often commit you to tunnel vision that does a disservice to your team.

Edited by AstralProjection

Took a quick peek this morning...it's West Coast :eek:

Normally I wouldn't care much in games with huge populations, but SWTOR isn't quite so robust. How's the actual population in terms of West vs East time zones...I know that's a wing and a prayer type question, but it can't hurt to ask!

Zag...not sure what server you are refering to.

I'm Central, so take this with a mountain of salt.

When I log in, usually around 5-6 PM, there will be low numbers (10-20) on most planets, so you can get lots of your solo stuff and dailies knocked out not in prime-time. By prime playing hours, around 7-8, it's picked up quite a bit. Lots of people fresh online and ready to roll something right away. Also, if you want to make a late-night of it, you'll have groups on till 2-3 AM ready to go, because it's not that late out there.