SWTOR: No fat chicks allowed?

Xanikk

Some are unhealthily fat, yes. Some are simply large. As shown in the myriad screenshots I posted, male body type 4 is not fat.

You posted pics of your characters bust, not the mid section. Theres alot of people in the world who are muscular and fat at the same time. The fat male bodytype in this game is one of those people, complete with fat rolls on the back of his neck. You're just being obstainant for the sake of argument. Take care.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You posted pics of your characters bust, not the mid section. Theres alot of people in the world who are muscular and fat at the same time. The fat male bodytype in this game is one of those people, complete with fat rolls on the back of his neck. You're just being obstainant for the sake of argument. Take care.

I posted two full body pictures as well. If you're not paying attention to the discussion, opt to not participate further.

I posted two full body pictures as well. If you're not paying attention to the discussion, opt to not participate further.

Sorry I didn't scan the whole thread tough guy. Yeah I looked at your second set of pics. Thats what you call muscular and fat, E. Honda fat. Dude has a 60 inch waist of pure muscle, lol. Now what about the back of the neck fat roll? Yeah, like l said and how about you opt to bite me.

Edited by Vlaxitov

Coming late to the discussion...

But she wants to play a Twi'lek, and is upset that there isn't a body type that meets her reality to the point of refusing to play? Does the girl actually have lek`ku?

Let it never be said I only go halfway in proving someone wrong on the internet.

Here is a full body back picture.

Here is a full body front picture.

Clear abdominal muscle definition. Legs like tree trunks, don't even have the thighs touching. The man is shredded in every sense of the word. Even his butt is tight.

Yes, male body type 4 is so objectively not fat, I never see them with names like McBacon.

Put his clothes back on, ignore the painted on abs. Dude looks fat. And way fatter proportionally than the barely pleasantly plump female body type 4.

Even if you'd like to persist in you're inane, 'He's not supposed to look fat, just muscular,' reasoning, acknowledge that body type 4 is not proportional between the sexes. 1 and 2 certainly are, and even 3 gives us an abnormally tall and sturdily built gal. But girl 4 compared to guy 4, let's not even pretend there's parity here!

Yes, male body type 4 is so objectively not fat, I never see them with names like McBacon.

What people choose to name their toons is wholly irrelevant to what that toon actually is. I can name body type 1 Biff FistSteak McHuge Beefchunks, Esquire. It won't make him meaty.

Put his clothes back on, ignore the painted on abs. Dude looks fat. And way fatter proportionally than the barely pleasantly plump female body type 4.

"No, he's totally fat if you hide his muscular definition and obscure him behind wide clothes."

Even if you'd like to persist in you're inane, 'He's not supposed to look fat, just muscular,' reasoning, acknowledge that body type 4 is not proportional between the sexes. 1 and 2 certainly are, and even 3 gives us an abnormally tall and sturdily built gal. But girl 4 compared to guy 4, let's not even pretend there's parity here!

I do not believe you know what inane is. I'm also suspicious you aren't sure what reasoning means, as the word reason itself seems liable to escape you. I have shown he is muscular.

As for the parity between male 4 and female 4, no, it doesn't exist. 4 is curvy when it should be brawny for the ladies. A woman will not achieve the same muscle mass or density as a man, and so female 4 should never be the same as male 4, but they could definitely make her big female lifter build.

What people choose to name their toons is wholly irrelevant to what that toon actually is. I can name body type 1 Biff FistSteak McHuge Beefchunks, Esquire. It won't make him meaty.

No, I think people name body type 4 "McBeef" because he looks fat. Naming body type 1 "McBeef" is funny because he's not fat at all. Like naming body type 4 "Stickboy" is funny. Because he's really fat.

Again, as I said, what 4's actual % of body fat is is irrelevant. The actual issue is that men get to choose a model that is largely considered gross and unattractive (even if that's all muscle, the people that prefer that are rare), while women don't get that choice.

I'm not totally into really obese female models being introduced, because seeing one godawful joke character made by some ***** would be... a little bit more annoying than seeing those McBeefs I mentioned. But the OP's point is valid... men get to be gross and horrifying, and women can be slightly hippy at worst. It's a rare MMO that let's the obese man play a toon that looks vaguely like him, if I were an obese woman I'd be miffed.

Hi there!

We recently had to remove some posts in this thread. We wanted to take a moment and remind everyone of the Forum Rules and Guidelines.

Please remember that discussions revolving around real-life morality, ethics or sexuality are not appropriate for the forums.

Please also remember that community members are allowed to disagree with one another. We understand that sometimes subjects can get heated, but we do ask that everyone is respectful and polite to each other while giving their opinions. Here are some quick examples to keep in mind when posting.

• Never insult another community member.
  • Always discuss the topic and give constructive criticism.
  • If you feel someone is violates the Rules of Conduct, do not reply to them; simply report (flag) the post.
  • If someone is being disruptive, simply do not reply and report (flag) the post.
  • Be respectful to all community members; while you may not agree with their opinion, you should not be rude to them.

Thanks for your understanding, and please enjoy your friendly debate!

No, I think people name body type 4 "McBeef" because he looks fat. Naming body type 1 "McBeef" is funny because he's not fat at all. Like naming body type 4 "Stickboy" is funny. Because he's really fat.

Except, of course, he isn't.

Again, as I said, what 4's actual % of body fat is is irrelevant. The actual issue is that men get to choose a model that is largely considered gross and unattractive (even if that's all muscle, the people that prefer that are rare), while women don't get that choice.

If the issue is that men can make unattractive toons and women can't, it should not be phrased as a weight issue, as that's not the issue at all. This, however, was introduced as a weight one. Neither males nor females can be fat. I agree women could be bulkier -- there are a lot of women athletes that Bioware could draw inspiration from.

It's because you're a hero. You can't go around saving the universe if you have to take a Rascal Scooter from quest to quest since you can't make it running there without having a stroke.

I go from quest to quest on my hoverbike....

Im Norwegian... google Trine Hattestad. Our world champ javelin thrower. Now thats exactly like bodytype 4 if u ask me. So ya... guess what Im saying is OK male bodytype 4 is still athletic in some ways, well so are the womens bodytypes. So whats the fuss. Theres really no difference...

EDIT: Off topic but fun fact... I was her neighbour for 4 years ^^ Often met in the woods when she was running and I was walking the dog. Hell of a chick tbh.

Edited by Nullermand

Pear shape (Type 4) is fat. IDC how you slice it, if its thicker at the waist than the chest its OBESE.

Pretty sure body type 4 is like 40% BMI

As much as this post has nothing to do with Star Wars, mine is going to be even worse. But, I have to respond to this.

First, BMI is a number, not a percent. I'm going to assume you meant 40% body fat, rather than BMI. 40% body fat is on the upper end of overweight, verging into obese, for most women. Body Type 4, by contrast, is a BMI of around 22, which is right smack dab in the middle of normal. At least, she would be if she wasn't still rather muscular, which puts her BMI at around 25 (which goes to show how useless BMI really is).

Second, obesity has nothing to do with body shape. Calling a woman with a pear shape automatically obese is calling Beyonce and Jennifer Lopez obese, and it's ignorance.

All of that said, "fat" really should have no presence in this game--we play athletes who fight wars for a living. Fat men and women running around looks silly. And that's fine, because neither gender's body type 4 is fat in any way--male body type 4 is an Olympic power lifter (well, more like your average strongman, because olympic powerlifters cannot impede their own mobility that much) and female body type 4 is just the closest thing we have to a "real woman." Hell, Christina Hendricks is bigger than body type 4, and she is probably the hottest woman on the planet, even to people in Hollywood.

Pear shape (Type 4) is fat. IDC how you slice it, if its thicker at the waist than the chest its OBESE.

Pretty sure body type 4 is like 40% BMI

LOL agreed. The male body type 4 can't even see his toes. I don't care what you want to call it (chubby, husky, bulky, whatever), to me that's fat.

I just want the female body type 4 to be equally "bulky" and right now she isn't.

Even if it were real, this is an extremely rare case as I doubt most overweight females would want to choose an overweight character. Same reason that most video games protagonists are a lot cooler than the people that play them.

The options for an obese female model would be abused (people making joke characters) more than those that seriously prefer that model.

Edited by Sireene
rude - PM'd