The chance of drops in HMs

Okay so I have heard rumors where the first person to enter an instance increases the chance of the epic drop being their's, then I heard that the first person to enter decreases that person's chance by 25%, and I've also heard that the killing blow adds to that chance as well.

Can someone clear this up? Is there even a difference between who enter's first or not? If so what exactly is it.

Thanks in advance.

So that persons chance is 0%?

wut?

:confused:

I think what he meant was that it decreases his base chance of getting a drop by 25%, meaning that if a person has a flat 25% chance to get a gear drop, that chance is reduced by 25%, meaning he would then have an 18.75% chance of getting a gear drop.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure all of this is just malarkey. I run with a 4-man premade; sometimes I go in first, sometimes I don't. I usually I get the KB, sometimes I'm dead when they kill the boss. We still get trooper gear >80%. I think the gear drop is just on an RNG, giving no weight whatsoever to random factors like you posited.

There does seem to be a little credibility to the theory that running with the same people over and over affects the loot drop. Like I said, we get trooper gear almost all the time (our Vanguard had full Columi before any of the rest of us had two pieces). But this is all changing in 1.2 anyway, so hopefully it will get better.

Okay so I have heard rumors where the first person to enter an instance increases the chance of the epic drop being their's, then I heard that the first person to enter decreases that person's chance by 25%, and I've also heard that the killing blow adds to that chance as well.

Can someone clear this up? Is there even a difference between who enter's first or not? If so what exactly is it.

Thanks in advance.

How do you explain loot drops for a class that isn't even present in the group?

I seriously doubt any of those theories are even in the ballpark. Random is random and your luck just sucks.

Thanks in advance.

I have never even hear any suggest any of that. Nor have I read anything suggesting it until now.

I dont see why they would code that in on purpose. And I also dont see how they could code it in on accident.

I have paid a lot of attention to this and i believe that the rolls are set-up to favor the character that does the highest dps against the mob/boss. I can't say how healing stacks up against this or how sometimes there is a drop that has noting to do with the group, but I think that at least 90% of the time the drops suits the highest dps's class.

It makes it super frustrating for tanks, esp guardians.

It makes me troll the other dps classes and instruct them to attack the ads while i dps the boss.

I have paid a lot of attention to this and i believe that the rolls are set-up to favor the character that does the highest dps against the mob/boss. I can't say how healing stacks up against this or how sometimes there is a drop that has noting to do with the group, but I think that at least 90% of the time the drops suits the highest dps's class.

It makes it super frustrating for tanks, esp guardians.

It makes me troll the other dps classes and instruct them to attack the ads while i dps the boss.

Not true at all, your luck is just bad. I run easy hardmode flashpoints (easy hardmode lol) on my marauder to help out fresh 50s on the server just for fun, sometimes I end up having to solo some of the bosses. I rarely if ever see marauder drops (And I'm glad, usually its an agent/bh/SI group). I'm full remodded raka, I can outdps these guys with my basic auto attacks.

Why you would think a game would base loot off of DPS is beyond me. I think you need to forget WoW and forget Recount,and stop spreading crazy rumors.

Edited by Nessirin

I'm not saying I agree with this, nor, obviously, did I come up with it all. And I understand that drops for characters that aren't even present appear as well. The game for some reason thinks I'm an Inquisitor.. and I'm a Bounty Hunter.

Yesterday we got an IA drop, and none of us were IA. I'm just asking merely to see if there is any correlation between who enters first, who the instance belongs to, and the chance of loot.

About the only theory toward loot distribution and recurance that seems to have any sort of credence is that the seed used to populate the distribution table may be a function of all the collective player's character ID tags.

It is a pretty well documented issue that some premade groups running the same flashpoint daily, receive the highly skewed loot distribution tables. The cause of this phenomena is not really known, though presumably it has something to do with the RNG seed.

People have been testing this since launch, trying to figure out what (if anything) causes these skewed results. From what I've seen and read the following have NO statistically significant effect on loot distribution:

Order in entering the Flashpoint

Group Leader

DPS output

Number of Mobs Killed

Time of day (Generally; we lack the resources to test all possible times)

Person Initially Looting

I believe there has been some indications (though admittedly most of it is anecdotal ) that group composition plays a role in distribution -- though there exists plenty of evidence which suggests it does not.

Basically, while there do exist some statistically skewed distributions -- we're not sure what the cause is.

But who's Epeen is bigger, who loots the boss first, and who enters the flashpoint doesn't make a difference.