? about Alderaan Commendations

Narsikus

Ok, so the planet Alderaan is a bit different with the normal questline around level 32 and the bonus questline around level 40.

Is there a way/place to buy level 40 lockboxes with the commendations? Or do they only work on the lower level ones?

I'm sure there's just the main vendors by the space port. If they had 2 different tiers of equipment and mods available with Commendations, no one would use the lower tier. So you are not going to find level 40 equipment and mods available for purchase with Alderaan Commendations. Edited by JerokTalram

Wouldn't it be nice if bonus mission lines gave mercenary and/or warzone commendations as a reward? If the Alderaan mission gave 600 warzone commendations, you could buy yourself a nice level 40 item. Edited by sjmc

Ok, so the planet Alderaan is a bit different with the normal questline around level 32 and the bonus questline around level 40.

Is there a way/place to buy level 40 lockboxes with the commendations? Or do they only work on the lower level ones?

Afraid not, you get the level 40 mods and stuff from the planet for that level, the idea being you are on that planet anyway (and therefore have gear for that level), then go back to do the Alderaan bonus.

Wouldn't it be nice if bonus mission lines gave mercenary and/or warzone commendations as a reward?

Nope, Merc / Warzone commendations are specifically PvP rewards, why would you get those from a PvE area?

In the leadup to 1.2, they said they were looking at ways of exchanging comms for other comms. Maybe that's yet to be implemented and is coming in the future.

Personally, I'd love to have something to do with my 35 Coruscant comms (Doing a few Esseles runs for social points) and my 85 Belsavis comms (Dailies .. sigh ..) on my L50.

Nope, Merc / Warzone commendations are specifically PvP rewards, why would you get those from a PvE area?
Most of the gear you can buy pre-50 with warzone commendations is perfectly good soloing/PVE gear. Only the weapons have any specific PVP-quality to them, and +expertise can be handy when questing on PVP servers (bonus quest missions happen in open-world PVP areas).

Perhaps they could have a new category of "bonus mission commendations" that could have new vendor, or that you could use to buy warzone commendations to spend at the PVP vendor.

Perhaps giving a few commendations to someone would encourage them to try out warzones in order to get more.

In the leadup to 1.2, they said they were looking at ways of exchanging comms for other comms. Maybe that's yet to be implemented and is coming in the future.

Personally, I'd love to have something to do with my 35 Coruscant comms (Doing a few Esseles runs for social points) and my 85 Belsavis comms (Dailies .. sigh ..) on my L50.

Umm, I don't know. buy loot boxes and sell the contents like everyone else.

that's why you never do bonus series that aren't right after the planet (ie balmorra, tatooine, taris, voss) and skip all the others (nar shadaa, alderaan, hoth) as they wont give you any gear upgrades. especially at 47 when they send you to hoth or belsavis, there is absolutely 0 reason to go to hoth, you get hoth commendations which are 100% worthless vs belsavis which gives lvl 50 daily commendations even tho both quests are the same level...

that's why you never do bonus series that aren't right after the planet
They can be useful if you happen to need some extra xp before proceeding to the next planet. It shouldn't be a problem if you have been doing all the side quests, but having a bonus series to do can let you ditch side quests you don't want to do and keep up with xp.