Why can't we have a useful combat log?

Stryges

With 1.2, Bioware is allowing the recording and dumping of combat data, as I understand. This information will not be accessible in-game. It will be dumped to a file at some poorly understood interval. The file itself seems to require an additional program (written by players) in order to glean any useful data from it. In the PTS forums, people are noting that it is difficult to get any hard data from the files because of problems writing these parsers and understanding how the log actually works. I assume that eventually this will be overcome, and it seems that the log will be able to provide players, or should I say top guilds, with information and metrics to help improve their game performance, which is great.

However, for me, this combat log is pretty much a waste of time. You know what I want to know? Why some my guardian gets tore up by some NPCS yet can stand toe to toe with others for hours. Why my scrapper can waltz through a number of elite with no problem but then I have to spend a minute killing a strong no readily explainable reason.

I can see no good reason why we don't get this information. This is sort of stuff that I think would increase both the high-end and casual gaming experience. Instead, we got a clunky info dump that has yet to produce a lot of meaningful on the PTS.

Pretty simple, they are trying to avoid the players having simple buttons to press to judge others. This is why there is no cross realm functionality yet too, as they don't want the community to consist of raging little bog rats with DPS meters used to harrass others.

In WoW, you see alot of dungeons where people engage in combat, and then for the entirity of the dungeon some elitist lobber preaches through chat about how they should crawl up their own pooter and die because the numbers popping out of the characters heads don't live up to their standards.

In short, it's because the MMo community is a horrible thing at the best of times, when it is filled with raging little snots who's only goal is to bring harrassment to everyone they meet.