Honest question on the Dev’s design

I was wondering on the reasoning on a few aspects of the game and was wondering if someone could shed some light on them for me.

First is the way lock out timers are currently set up. Right now 8 and 16 man share the same lockout timer for hard and nightmare mode for the week. I find this odd because we only have 2 operations and it seems to limit the end game PvE.

For example, my guild has a raid group that wants to run and 8 man EV nightmare modes. However, If they do we cannot run a 16 man hard mode this weekend. How does that make sense? I would love to hear the Dev’s thought process on why they set it up this way.

The second is the reasoning for the server forum design. Traditionally server forums are a big part in developing a community. The current design is not all that easy to get too and you really have to dig and sort through a bunch of stuff find something on your server. I personally think the current system does not help build the community on a server, and would also like to hear if the current system is working as the dev’s envisioned it.

The only reason there are 2 lockouts is to enable the "hardcore" raiders to assist those pesky normal or "story" mode raiders. One of the devs mentioned this once. The normal mode raids are there to be pugged, they are simply designed to be easy enough for a pug to handle them, with minimal coordination required, when compared to the harder modes.

So you can think of the lockouts as a raid lock out and a "easymode" lockout. I guess the only reason the normal mode even has a lockout is because they wanted to improve the reward drops.

Server forums...no idea.

Having 8 & 16 man share lockouts is a good thing.

Yes, it does limit the amount of endgame PvE there is...but the alternative is that you are going to be doing the same instance twice as often (one 8 man & one 16 man every week)...doing something more often = getting geared faster & burned out on the content faster = people quitting the game.

Server forums...no idea.

Having 8 & 16 man share lockouts is a good thing.

Yes, it does limit the amount of endgame PvE there is...but the alternative is that you are going to be doing the same instance twice as often (one 8 man & one 16 man every week)...doing something more often = getting geared faster & burned out on the content faster = people quitting the game.

No, it's NOT a good thing. It's designed to rate-limit the progress you can make in the game once you've run through all the available content. The getting bored part? That's the proper reaction to having nothing new to do in the game. The root of the issue is that they want you to keep paying for the game but they can't create content as fast as people, left unconstrained, can consume it. So they introduce artificial constraints to slow your progress: Larger group size requirements and raid lockouts. It's a crummy model fueled by the business' need for subscription fees.

I was wondering on the reasoning on a few aspects of the game and was wondering if someone could shed some light on them for me.

First is the way lock out timers are currently set up. Right now 8 and 16 man share the same lockout timer for hard and nightmare mode for the week. I find this odd because we only have 2 operations and it seems to limit the end game PvE.

For example, my guild has a raid group that wants to run and 8 man EV nightmare modes. However, If they do we cannot run a 16 man hard mode this weekend. How does that make sense? I would love to hear the Dev’s thought process on why they set it up this way.

SAME LOOT = SAME LOCKOUT

The second is the reasoning for the server forum design. Traditionally server forums are a big part in developing a community. The current design is not all that easy to get too and you really have to dig and sort through a bunch of stuff find something on your server. I personally think the current system does not help build the community on a server, and would also like to hear if the current system is working as the dev’s envisioned it.

I LOL'd @ this. The forums are god awful simple to some of the designs I've seen in the past. The website is quite well done for a game in this early of a stage.

I think it's simply a way to throttle the amount of opportunities you have to loot each week. I guess they feel if you could run 16-man and 8-man HMs in the same week and get double loot, that would be too fast /shrug. Personally, I think NMM should be a seperate lockout timer but w/e.

I agree. At first they didn't have server forums at all and now they have them grouped alphabetically. It's dumb. Just have individual forums for every single server and be done with it. They also need trade, pvp, recruiting and general subforums for each individual server. I have no idea why they don't do that except that maybe they think it would be too hard to moderate all that? /shrugh, IDK, it's just weak sauce all the way around that they don't.