High end Raiders-Please Read. Shatter Shot mechanics

Jaabak

Let me start off by saying i love this advanced class. :) I've played Marksman Hunter in WoW since vanilla to Cata and I appreciate how Bioware has appeased this small niche of players and playstyle. So, let's talk about a very underrated ability/mechanic.

I see that nobody really talks about this topic. SHATTER SHOT! :cool:

The ability debuffs a target's armor by 20%. However, does anyone have information on how this stacks with other abilities that debuff/ignore armor.

Marksman tree has a armor debuff to Ambush and Jugg's have a sunder ability. Any solid information of this important ability/mechanic will be greatly appreciated.

Few questions for thought:

1. Do raid members benefit from Shatter Shot?

2. Ambush ignore armor skill tree talent + Shatter Shot should stack--confirmation would be nice.

3. How does sniper armor mitigating abilities mesh with other class abilities?

Something that can easily be tested yourself in under 30 seconds and also answered on any theorycrafting thread for the class doesnt really require a call out for all "High end raiders" to read.

Theres a search mechanic on these forums btw

Something that can easily be tested yourself in under 30 seconds and also answered on any theorycrafting thread for the class doesnt really require a call out for all "High end raiders" to read.

There's no need to be overly rude when he's asking an interesting question that can NOT, in fact, be tested in under 30 seconds.

You actually spent the time to make this completely useless response? Do you ever contribute anything productive to any topic or are you always a *******? Just wondering btw.

Well i for one have no reason to assume that the debuff only works for Snipers. Like most debuffs, it should be beneficial towards attacks from other classes or it would kind of defeat the purpose of calling it a debuff.

Also i've never seen it not be able to stack with Juggernaut armor debuffs.

I don't have the numbers but based on what I've seen and how mechanics are supposed to work, its just a normal stacking debuff.

It does appear though that only one stack of shatter shot can be on the target, regardless of how many snipers there are in the team (one will overwrite anothers).

That is what appears happens based on some observation by myself and another sniper in my guild. It's a pain to see though as a bunch of armor debuffs have the same icon and the icon's description is also generic.

I believe in 1.2 that armour debuffs will no longer stack and that only one armour buff will be on the target even if you bring multiple players/classes that can debuff.

I also heard a rumour that MM Sniper DPS now is the worst of all DPS classes in 1.2 because of this.

I believe in 1.2 that armour debuffs will no longer stack and that only one armour buff will be on the target even if you bring multiple players/classes that can debuff.

I also heard a rumour that MM Sniper DPS now is the worst of all DPS classes in 1.2 because of this.

I thought I read in 1.2 that shatter shot was no longer an armor debuff, it's a healing debuff. Am I mistaken?

I thought I read in 1.2 that shatter shot was no longer an armor debuff, it's a healing debuff. Am I mistaken?

It's both.

An armor debuff for 45s AND a healing debuff for 9s, most likely showing as two separate icons on your enemy target (someone on PTS should confirm).

It's both.

An armor debuff for 45s AND a healing debuff for 9s, most likely showing as two separate icons on your enemy target (someone on PTS should confirm).

You are correct. I was mistaken. It says additional, this is a nice addition.

FROM PATCH NOTES"

Shatter Shot now additionally inflicts trauma, reducing all healing the target receives by 20% for 9 seconds."

• 1 month later...
It does appear though that only one stack of shatter shot can be on the target, regardless of how many snipers there are in the team (one will overwrite anothers).

That is what appears happens based on some observation by myself and another sniper in my guild. It's a pain to see though as a bunch of armor debuffs have the same icon and the icon's description is also generic.

they do stack, with multiple snipers (and all of them applying shatter shot) you see multiple armor debuff icons on the target

they do stack, with multiple snipers (and all of them applying shatter shot) you see multiple armor debuff icons on the target

They both show up, but I'm pretty sure 1.2 made it so only 1 will be used...

They both show up, but I'm pretty sure 1.2 made it so only 1 will be used...

This is correct - multiples can be applied, but the effects don't stack. You can have 4 snipers put SS on, you'll still only get the 20% reduction. Same goes for juggs and their sunder and mercs and whatever their ability is called.

To OP:

However, you do benefit from the other classes debuffs as well. In order to help your raid out, you should be opening with a SS on the boss. We have the best armor debuff in the game currently since it gets the full reduction immediately (not after multiple applications like juggs and mercs) and everyone benefits from the reduction.