Server merge

Mendeldeathcryer

Hi my name is Tom and I play on the Republican side on server Ula Vii. Lately this server has been allmost dead 24/7 at the most theres about 80 people online on the entire republican side and perhaps only 10 of those are level 50.

We need a server merge right now or else I fear that those of us that doesn't have time nor the will to level up another character to level 50 on another server and building up gear all over again will be left with a dead server without any reason to subscribe to this game.

Edited by Mendeldeathcryer

S'zindara here, GM of the largest Empire guild on the Rwookworro server, Mortalitatem Tuam Memento. I am requesting you please merge this server. Like it has been stated numerous times above their is rarely more than 25-50 people on the imperial fleet. As a GM I hear numerous complaints about players not being able to find groups for flashpoints, pvp, and even open world quests. I have seen numerous people on my server and my guild stop playing this game soley on the grounds that the server is dead. The GTN is always barren and like the repub said before me they are non existent.

PLEASE merge us with a standard size server. Legacy sounds great as well as the rest of 1.2 but if you don't have anyone to play with whats the point.

Thank You. Still think the game is great.

Studying this - http://www.swtor.com/server-status

I see a handful (or half for you picky buggers) of Light Servers at 1:02 pm EST. Still, I'm a bit worried about the server I'm on because it takes quite a bit longer to get to the "standard" than the rest and it doesn't go to heavy. I'm holding back on making ALTS because of dead server issues.

If people are trapped then they need to be rescued by free transfers VIA GM requests if BW doesn't want to use tools. You gotta do what you gotta do.

Edited by Subtrance

Bioware needs to do more than just server merge. That only solves the problem of low populations in areas that are typically populated well like starter zones, second planet and the space station.

I further suggest:

- Create server groups not only for pvp, flash points and operations grouping but also for planet grouping! Each planet open to both sides should be shared by a group of servers. Right now there are planets that rarely ever get more than 20 players on them even on moderately populated servers. These are huge planets and barren of players. Server grouping phased planets will keep their populations closer to 75+ and in the worst case phase another but if done right even this would be rare. Priority placement would be to your own server as well in case of phasing.

Imagine mid to higher level planets actually having 75+ players on them consistently? You might actually have fun especially on pvp servers. Planets like Illum would be hotbeds where at least the first phase would be evenly balanced.

The sense of community and RP would be preserved by having the lower level planets and stations only for the primary server. Bioware needs to understand the failure of their planetary layout when it comes to population spread.

Edited by Tamanous