Off topic forum

Macabakur

We need one

You give no reason for one.

I'll tell you why we don't need one:

There are plenty of other internet forums out there where you can spam it up and BS about whatever your heart desires. This forum is great, because they keep the topics relevant to the game.

This is a suggestion box.. Why are you trolling on my suggestion? I made a thread about it in gen. A couple days ago if you're interested as to why I think we need one. The dev's know what I think. Just thought I'd make it a suggestion. Edited by Macabakur

This is a suggestion box.. Why are you trolling on my suggestion? I made a thread about it in gen. A couple days ago if you're interested as to why I think we need one. The dev's know what I think. Just thought I'd make it a suggestion.

Disagreeing and actually providing a reason behind my disagreement is trolling?

It's a suggestion. If you want to make a counter one feel free but don't sully up mine with stuff that this postY wasn't made for. Please and thank you. And jeez nan, what would it hurt? Why are you so adamant about not giving our community somewhere to just talk about whatever?

Make a separate thread, thanks.

It's a suggestion. If you want to make a counter one feel free but don't sully up mine with stuff that this postY wasn't made for. Please and thank you. And jeez nan, what would it hurt? Why are you so adamant about not giving our community somewhere to just talk about whatever?

maybe he thinks he owns the forums. we do need a off topic area but for now most just use reddit.

Seriously, if you want to talk about movies, go try a movie forum. If you want to just play spam games, I'm sure there are plenty of places for that too. If you want to talk with your friends, try getting a free guild site and give access to only your friends.

This forum is for Star Wars. They once had an off topic forum, and it was nearly total anarchy. Flame wars, trolling, all the bad things about people came out in the off topic section. It was too much work for the moderators, so they nipped it in the bud and removed the off topic forums.

Seriously, if you want to talk about movies, go try a movie forum. If you want to just play spam games, I'm sure there are plenty of places for that too. If you want to talk with your friends, try getting a free guild site and give access to only your friends.

This forum is for Star Wars. They once had an off topic forum, and it was nearly total anarchy. Flame wars, trolling, all the bad things about people came out in the off topic section. It was too much work for the moderators, so they nipped it in the bud and removed the off topic forums.

sounds like fear N panic to me. The forums are still anarchy and rage. getting rid of off topic hasn't changed any of that.

I was here. I seen it. Wasn't that bad at all. I do know however this game is loosing subs. As a business person I'd say someone is doing something wrong. Guess what it is? The community department. No server forums, No event forums, no off topic forums. Where does everyone get an idea out on other MMO's for in game events? ...ya, the forums. Do they here? No. Know why? These forums are terrible.

I was here. I seen it. Wasn't that bad at all. I do know however this game is loosing subs. As a business person I'd say someone is doing something wrong. Guess what it is? The community department. No server forums, No event forums, no off topic forums. Where does everyone get an idea out on other MMO's for in game events? ...ya, the forums. Do they here? No. Know why? These forums are terrible.

Nice derail there. That has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Having an off topic forums wouldn't fix anything you just wrote. Off topic would just allow negativity. Do we really need a place where people can just berate whatever they want? No, that just lowers the image of Bioware.

I've also participated in some in-game events that were advertised in the server section for the server I play on. I think they are great, like the 1v1 duel competition.

Show me the proof of this game losing subs. Also, even if it is losing subs, can you verify that this game losing faster than gaining? As a business person, I believe you would have the numbers to back up your claims. You would also have sources to cite them from.

Edited by monkgryphon

But ya, thanks for pew pew'ing all over what was meant to be a simple "I'd like to see this thread.". As this is the SUGGESTION BOX, not GENERAL DISCUSSION. Whatevs, done wasting thought on this. Edited by Macabakur

Nice derail there. That has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Having an off topic forums wouldn't fix anything you just wrote. Off topic would just allow negativity. Do we really need a place where people can just berate whatever they want? No, that just lowers the image of Bioware.

I've also participated in some in-game events that were advertised in the server section for the server I play on. I think they are great, like the 1v1 duel competition.

Show me the proof of this game losing subs. Also, even if it is losing subs, can you verify that this game losing faster than gaining? As a business person, I believe you would have the numbers to back up your claims. You would also have sources to cite them from.

Proof of loosing subs? lol do you read these forums? There's at least 3 a day posted.

Proof of loosing subs? lol do you read these forums? There's at least 3 a day posted.

Yeah, because those have all the proof too. A few I quits mean nothing. You don't hear threads from everyone who creates a new account and sub, do you? No, because they are playing the game, not coming here to whine.

Also, the people who actually visit the forum are a minority of those who actually play the game.

Edited by monkgryphon

Yeah, because those have all the proof too.

the goal in business is gaining customers without loosing any of them. Giving customers satisfaction. Every other game has a off topic area. Guess Bioware just has to be "innovative" and avoid doing anything that works. How many people do you think woke up yesterday with plans of fooling you by saying they're done with this game? Ya, all those posters that said their leaving are just "trolls" and have no proof their really leaving. I enjoy stupid debates but that doesn't even make sense to start with dude. Yes, this game is loosing customers. Maybe gaining new ones but definitely loosing them as well. AKA Bad business.

the goal in business is gaining customers without loosing any of them. Giving customers satisfaction. Every other game has a off topic area. Guess Bioware just has to be "innovative" and avoid doing anything that works. How many people do you think woke up yesterday with plans of fooling you by saying they're done with this game? Ya, all those posters that said their leaving are just "trolls" and have no proof their really leaving. I enjoy stupid debates but that doesn't even make sense to start with dude. Yes, this game is loosing customers. Maybe gaining new ones but definitely loosing them as well. AKA Bad business.

The goal in business is to make money. If you gain customers at the same rate or faster than you lose them, then you are doing well. No business has control over their customers, because any number of reasons can come up with why people stop paying.

So your proof is the few threads in this forums from the few people who post they are quitting. There are thousands of other threads created by people who are not leaving the game.

There is something called a margin when it comes to business. You're always going to have people that leave. It's inevitable. It is not bad business to have a loss in customer base, it is apart of business. How could a business compete with someone who offers the same product at a cheaper rate and quality? People will leave, because they are getting something cheaper, but they are also getting less quality. Money says a lot. However, the business does maintain, because there are customers that enjoy the quality, and they spread the word to their friends, which is the best form of advertisement. Word gets around and the business gains more customers. That is what is happening with SWTOR. Even bad news about something can still push people to see what the fuss is about.

BACK ON TOPIC: This still has been a discussion that has not provided any reason why there should be an Off Topic section. You even suggested somewhere to go to talk off topic. Which is the best option from here on out.

Edited by monkgryphon

BACK ON TOPIC: This still has been a discussion that has not provided any reason why there should be an Off Topic section. You even suggested somewhere to go to talk off topic. Which is the best option from here on out.

We went off topic a dozen times already and you still think we don't need a off topic forum? Have I taught you nothing yet? :rolleyes:

Edited by Roechacca