The pros/cons of trooper vs bounty hunter, is this right?

Finrok

Is this about right for the pros/cons?

Bounty Hunter:

great animations

bad looking armor compared to trooper

Empire more populated easier to find groups

carbine much better than dinky pistol

Trooper:

bad animations

better looking armor than bounty hunter

republic less populated harder to group

Is this about right for the pros/cons?

Bounty Hunter:

great animations

bad looking armor compared to trooper

Empire more populated easier to find groups

Trooper:

bad animations

better looking armor than bounty hunter

republic less populated harder to group

according to the numbers released at the guild summit, Imps make up 53% of the pop and Repubs are 47% its not a big difference. And for the animations they both have good and bad, pulse cannon > flame thrower IMO.

Also the imps as a faction (meaning the NPCs) are racist bastards so that is a minus or a plus depending on your views.

Edited by Hizoka

Everything you mentioned except the population difference is entirely subjective.

Population difference really just depends on the server. On my trooper's server I get republic versus republic huttball probably more often that republic versus imperial.

Bounty hunters get shafted on our ship, though. Compared to basically any player ship in the game, ours is tiny and cramped. The trooper ship has bad interior design but overall it is much roomier and much nicer.

Also the imps as a faction (meaning the NPCs) are racist bastards so that is a minus or a plus depending on your views.

maybe you should`ve used "faction"(meaning most SITH & some POWERHUNGRY imperials NPC) are racist but don t u dare say the ppl of the Empire are the same you republic brainwashed ignorant

Bounty hunters get shafted on our ship, though. Compared to basically any player ship in the game, ours is tiny and cramped. The trooper ship has bad interior design but overall it is much roomier and much nicer.

Unless you're a Firefly fan, then it's OMG SERENETY!

according to the numbers released at the guild summit, Imps make up 53% of the pop and Repubs are 47% its not a big difference. And for the animations they both have good and bad, pulse cannon > flame thrower IMO.

Actually the overall numbers released at the guild summit were 57% Empire and 43% Republic which for an MMO is a huge difference.

Unless you're a Firefly fan, then it's OMG SERENETY!

I can see the similarities, but it is still a very cramped version of the serenity.

The definition of the word "subjective" does not change between paragraphs. I love the BH ship, inside and out.

Liking it/disliking it is subjective, yes. But I don't seem to recall talking about the subjective aspects of the ship, rather its physical dimensions.

It is factually, objectively, the smallest of the player starships in terms of usable interior space. And while bigger doesn't necessarily mean better, it is a relevant concern if someone is comparing bounty hunter and trooper side by side and having difficulty choosing.

Edited by Sarog

Well really it comes down to preference. I was intrigued by the though of toting around a BFG everywhere I went before I got the opportunity to test the game. After I played for a while in beta I realized I hated being treated like a grunt and tqkig orders from seemingly everyone.

The bounty hunter offered me two things that made MY gaming experience more enjoyable. One was the whole working for myself style of story. The other was that my offhand gun although it doesn't add much in terms of damage; the fact that it's modable ment I could adjust my stats more freely over having a power generator with set stats. The effects are minor if not non existent but seemed to make more sense to me. The main thin I enjoyed though was the BH story over the trooper one (granted I never got past act one on the trooper.

Just my .02 credits on the subject. Please forgive ant typos or grammar issues. This was typed on an iPhone.

Personally I can't decide between Commando and Mercenary, I have both, and even though they are mirror classes they still feel really different. Even the stories are so different - equally good however. I sort of like the healing animations for Commando better, due to the green ray and giant assault cannon which looks like a Medi-gun. Edited by Jenzali

• 3 years later...
I had a much harder time leveling and questing as a trooper than as a bounty hunter, the trooper seems much more flimsy for some reason, and my bh was dps spec and so is my trooper.

:eek: Robin: GOLLY!GEE WILLIKERS BATMAN!!!! ITS A 3 YEAR NECRO!!! WHAT DO WE DO!!! :eek:

Batman: ......I don't know Robin :confused: .... I have beating the Jokers and the rest of Gothams baddies but this is a whole new enemy....

Edited by sayklen

Well, now that the thread has been necroed, I'll add my 0,02€.

I prefer Trooper, because Troopers can be Commandos, and Commandos can carry the Honking Big Gun.(1) And bounty hunting with a pistol doesn't seem right. (The HBG wouldn't be right, either, for the same reason that the Commando still menaces people with a pistol he doesn't have in cutscenes - the HBG is not a good close-quarters weapon.)

(1) To understand why I call it this instead of BFG, say the words "Honking Big Gun", and consider how that sounds compared to "Big Friendly Gun"(2).

(2) I know the F doesn't stand for "Friendly"...

Well, now that the thread has been necroed, I'll add my 0,02€.

I prefer Trooper, because Troopers can be Commandos, and Commandos can carry the Honking Big Gun.(1) And bounty hunting with a pistol doesn't seem right. (The HBG wouldn't be right, either, for the same reason that the Commando still menaces people with a pistol he doesn't have in cutscenes - the HBG is not a good close-quarters weapon.)

(1) To understand why I call it this instead of BFG, say the words "Honking Big Gun", and consider how that sounds compared to "Big Friendly Gun"(2).

(2) I know the F doesn't stand for "Friendly"...

I see the appeal in the big guns, they look amazing.

bounty hunting with a pistol doesn't seem right.
Versatility and many times having to be inconspicuous. Try getting in close to a bounty in tight quarters while using an assault cannon.

What I appreciate about the BH much more is that their weapon isn't just their mainhand, it's their suit.

Progressing up to level 60 with both in the same time I noticed that Commando DPS was higher by around 1/3 than akimbo BH the whole time between L40 and L50. Difference seems smaller at 60.

And don't ask...gear was virtually identical (manufactured or quest drops).

Edited by Overmind

Subjective is such an overly abused word these days, its not subjective that the bounty hunter got better animations then troopers, yea some people might prefer troopers but bounty hunters do have much more going on in there animations then troopers.

How does "busier" translate to "better"?

The bounty hunter flies in the air and spams missile attacks while the trooper stands there and launches grenades.

That doesn't mean that the BH animation is "better".

You may like it more, but others may like the trooper animation more. That makes it "subjective".

I can see the similarities, but it is still a very cramped version of the serenity.

Liking it/disliking it is subjective, yes. But I don't seem to recall talking about the subjective aspects of the ship, rather its physical dimensions.

It is factually, objectively, the smallest of the player starships in terms of usable interior space. And while bigger doesn't necessarily mean better, it is a relevant concern if someone is comparing bounty hunter and trooper side by side and having difficulty choosing.

The BH ship may be smaller, but that doesn't make it worse.

I love the interior of the BH ship. A straight, fast run through the ship to get to any point. I don't recall ever boarding the Sith ship, but what I remember of boarding a friends agent ship, and comparing it to the Republic ships, and it is absolutely the easiest ship for me to get around in.

The exterior? Worst in the game. If I could replace it I would do so in a heartbeat. But the interior? I see that as a strength, not a weakness.

The bounty hunter flies in the air and spams missile attacks while the trooper stands there and launches grenades.
They're not grenades and it's a horrible animation. People can pretend that they're like M203's all they want, but M203's are loaded a single round at a time then fired. Not in a continues volley like it is.

Now, if they'd change the animation to simulate calling in a mortar strike, then the animation would be miles ahead in the coolness factor than Death From Above.

You may like it more, but others may like the trooper animation more. That makes it "subjective".

I love the interior of the BH ship. A straight, fast run through the ship to get to any point. I don't recall ever boarding the Sith ship, but what I remember of boarding a friends agent ship, and comparing it to the Republic ships, and it is absolutely the easiest ship for me to get around in.

The exterior? Worst in the game. If I could replace it I would do so in a heartbeat. But the interior? I see that as a strength, not a weakness.

It is objectevly better when someone puts more creativity behind it, thats like me trying to say jagged and blurry graphics are better then smooth and non jagged graphics, which simply isnt true regardless of a person liking it better it doesnt change the reality of it just because you want it to be.

It is objectevly better when someone puts more creativity behind it, thats like me trying to say jagged and blurry graphics are better then smooth and non jagged graphics, which simply isnt true regardless of a person liking it better it doesnt change the reality of it just because you want it to be.

So if the designer put a lot of creativity into making the BH do a disco dance in order to launch some attack, that would be "objectively" better than the Trooper just getting on and doing a simple animation of a plain old attack to launch his equivalent of the same attack?

No, I don't think so. The correct comparative for "this one has had more creativity in its design" would be "more creative".

The problem is those numbers are completely subjective. It all comes down to interpretation.

For example, with the game Free-to-play, there are no "dead" accounts. So somebody might have an active account but not played in six months.

Also, who doesn't have alts? The problem with alts is who plays them on a regualr basis. So to say that 53% of the population is Imp is foolish. I play both sides. Does that mean I am counted as both? And if I have mroe than one alt on both sides, but no longer play them, how do you figure me in the equation?

Trying to argue actual character numbers is silly. On PoT5 there are probably as many Repub characters on the server as there are Imps. But login and Repub fleet is a ghost town and Imp fleet is more alive. Go to a planet (outside of 12XP) and you might as well be playing an RPG as a Repub. You sure won't find many allies there. And if you queue up for warzones, you better do it during prime time as a Repub. Otherwise you likely to end up running it with a partial team.

But yet if you go by the character numbers, you would likely find the server population to be near that same mix.

By take on the ships ...

I want to fly a brick. Slender ... No edges ... and an interior that makes sense. Some ships (like the smuggler and Trooper on the Repub side) seem to lack this. And because of that they just seem harder to maneuver in tight areas such as some of the max level space missions.

The ship with the most slender appear is probably the jedi ship. But I swear it looks like you are looking at a droid's eyeballs when you see the ship from the back. Hate that ....