No more fake 'hybrid' specs

Jinnz

hybrid dps? A true hybrid is a healer/dps at the same time. All sorcs can, but a dedicated hybrid spec defines a hybrid playstyle. I'm glad I won't see any more 'hybrid dps/dps's.

Moar force bending.

"Hybrid" can refer either to a spec designed for a hybrid (multi-role) playstyle, or it can refer to a spec with a hybrid point layout between 2 or 3 spec trees, even if both are the same role. In the latter case, the "hybrid" is referring to hybridizing between the playstyle themes for the trees in question. Both are equally valid uses of the word.

Apparently you have not seen the testing. Hybrid isn't going anywhere.

PvP wise it is still superior, which in a way is sad and says that the 31 talents suck that much.

The current hybrid dishes out 3xxx AE x2 every few sec which is why BW is nurfing it. Actually they nurfed it by 50% -it being AE burst as now you have to choose one or the other but not both.

So if you want to play 'that' hybrid spec (0/2x/2x) then you do it with a 50% burst loss...

We still have the 3xxx every few sec and all the utility.survivability of the hybrid with excellent mobility.

What about the 0/25/16 hybrid dps? You still get instant chain lightning, less but you also get more increased bursed dmg by going down lightning tree.

That build pretty much sucks right now. I doubt it will be any better in 1.2

Daelia can probably elaborate more but in short: Deep lightning speccs revolve around using Lighting Strike as your filler. Madness speccs use Force Lightning. By using 25/16 you are "confusing" your talents as to which filler spell you should be using and are wasting points.

In order to procc instant chain lightning you will be needing to spam lightning strike.

In order to procc wrath you will be needing to spam force lightning.

See where the problem lies?

Edited by pureeffinmetal

Daelia can probably elaborate more but in short: Deep lightning speccs revolve around using Lighting Strike as your filler. Madness speccs use Force Lightning. By using 25/16 you are "confusing" your talents as to which filler spell you should be using and are wasting points.

In order to procc instant chain lightning you will be needing to spam lightning strike.

IF and I do if in CAPS so you know this is an IF

IF LS was worth the cast, it would be a fun spec to play. Cast FL to proc Wrath and drop your dots, then cast LS to proc CL and then back to FL as a filler as CL would be on CD. Redo your dots and then back to fishing for procs. Of course the proc rate would have to fit the rotation so your dots didn't drop while you were fishing for your CL proc, but like I said, this is just a fantasy spec. Dots and procs and two choices of filler spells would be a fun "rotation" but who wants to have fun in a game... geeze

Not at all saying this rotation is any good now, but it would be a fun spec. Reminds me of BoomKin spec in WoW.

I like the Hybrid cause I enjoy watching dots and making sure I don't clip em and then having a proc for a hard hitting spell, along with channeled spell made it all feel like I had a lot going on. Sure it isn't very hard to keep track, but I find it fun none the less.

Edited by Fraeblood

Essentially, this. Nearly all variants of Lightning Storm + Wrath, at least in PvE, are significantly behind other builds in dps. I'm honestly not really sure about the logic anyway. The spec generally advocates FL filler, using Wrath LS between CL and CD cooldowns as a way of proccing additional CLs. The issue is that Wrath LS is simply too much of a dps loss over simple FL spam to justify the 30% chance of an additional CL (which itself is only a moderate dps gain).

25/16 in particular suffers from this confusion, as it invests in Sith Efficacy and Wrath, which reward frequent use of FL, and also Forked Lightning and Conduction, which reward frequent use of LS. The two investments end up conflicting to a massive loss. Either you stick with LS, wasting most of the talents in Madness (you'd get better returns from a 31-point Lightning build), or your use mostly FL, in which case you're wasting most of Lightning Storm, Forked Lightning, and Conduction (and you'd get better returns from a 13/28 or 7/16/16 +2 build).

hybrid dps? A true hybrid is a healer/dps at the same time. All sorcs can, but a dedicated hybrid spec defines a hybrid playstyle. I'm glad I won't see any more 'hybrid dps/dps's.

Moar force bending.

Yay for everyone now being one of two cookie cutter specs? Hooray for lack of options? All glory to over half of the specs- and all the good ones- being removed?

Grats that your awful marauder might stand a chance against sorcs now?

Yay for everyone now being one of two cookie cutter specs? Hooray for lack of options? All glory to over half of the specs- and all the good ones- being removed?

Hybrid spec was cookie cutter if you ask me. Everyone abused it, don't kid yourself. Now hopefully there will be more variation as people choose between the two trees

Hybrid spec was cookie cutter if you ask me. Everyone abused it, don't kid yourself. Now hopefully there will be more variation as people choose between the two trees

No- people could already chose those two trees when hybrids were decent- they didn't because those two trees blew. Those trees haven't changed- lightning in particular is useless. So, now, there's madness and corruption....

As opposed to CC heavy CL wrath hybrid, healing/CL wrath hybrid, aoe heavy CL wrath hybrid, dot heavy CL wrath hybrid- plus the 1.2 bad spec plus corruption.

Removing a key ability in over half the viable specs without adding a single thing doesn't make more specs. Any grade 2 could tell you that 6-4 doesn't = 10.

Essentially, this. Nearly all variants of Lightning Storm + Wrath, at least in PvE, are significantly behind other builds in dps. I'm honestly not really sure about the logic anyway. The spec generally advocates FL filler, using Wrath LS between CL and CD cooldowns as a way of proccing additional CLs. The issue is that Wrath LS is simply too much of a dps loss over simple FL spam to justify the 30% chance of an additional CL (which itself is only a moderate dps gain).

25/16 in particular suffers from this confusion, as it invests in Sith Efficacy and Wrath, which reward frequent use of FL, and also Forked Lightning and Conduction, which reward frequent use of LS. The two investments end up conflicting to a massive loss. Either you stick with LS, wasting most of the talents in Madness (you'd get better returns from a 31-point Lightning build), or your use mostly FL, in which case you're wasting most of Lightning Storm, Forked Lightning, and Conduction (and you'd get better returns from a 13/28 or 7/16/16 +2 build).

Why do you people forget about shock? timed correctly, instant LS to fish for CL procs can be casted WITH shock to provide a good burst, if you dont get your CL proc off of it, you go force lightning, which almost always procs wrath and should get 3-4 instant LSs while 2 contain shocks, which more often then not will proc its additional shocks, before you need to use wrath for CD again, which you almost always WILL gain from force lightning. 0/20/21 reigns supreme in dps for pve and pvp atm, hands down. FL constantly procs wrath, which when CD isnt necessary to cast will cause LS to make CL instant a heft part of the time with the added shock is major MAJOR burst. Full lightning specc'd sorcs get eaten alive by me in pvp, and since no one knows how to play madness...lol where are my aff locks at? i just scoff at them.

mmhmm they nerfed it, but it still stands on top, which is funny... if anything they just made it easier and more boring.

they are trying to make everyone BH arsenal easy i guess

i rolled sorc for a challenge, i have my BH for simple rotations... ahh well, it's a casual's game in a casual's world i guess.

Oh boy. It never ceases to amaze me how aggressively opinionated some people can be despite totally misunderstanding something.

There's a big difference between intelligent use of abilities as designed (CL off wrath) and abuses like double-dipping... it's not the removal of abuse that killed some hybrid specs it was a new design decision that CL shouldn't proc off wrath.

The end result is less variation not more.

And speaking of variation.... some variants are so dumb that they don't even deserve discussion... but hey, feel free to use whatever you want with all this "new" freedom from cookie cutters.

Edited by Iselin

Why do you people forget about shock? timed correctly, instant LS to fish for CL procs can be casted WITH shock to provide a good burst, if you dont get your CL proc off of it, you go force lightning, which almost always procs wrath and should get 3-4 instant LSs while 2 contain shocks, which more often then not will proc its additional shocks, before you need to use wrath for CD again, which you almost always WILL gain from force lightning. 0/20/21 reigns supreme in dps for pve and pvp atm, hands down. FL constantly procs wrath, which when CD isnt necessary to cast will cause LS to make CL instant a heft part of the time with the added shock is major MAJOR burst. Full lightning specc'd sorcs get eaten alive by me in pvp, and since no one knows how to play madness...lol where are my aff locks at? i just scoff at them.

Do you just live in your own world? Or do you just not believe in well structured theorycrafting? Or do you just not take the time to do the math before you think you know how good or how bad a spec or spells are?

There is so much wrong with this quote, and I am not trying to troll you, but please check out http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Forum-Sith-Inquisitor-and-Jedi-Consular before you think you know so much about the trees of your class.

Not saying to blindly follow anyone, even those on the site I linked, but when we have had months now of discussion on the trees, it is sad how some people are just clueless and talk like they know things as fact when they are so far from it.